KEVINS WATCH ANTHOLOGY - SELECTED SUBMISSIONS

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

KEVINS WATCH ANTHOLOGY - SELECTED SUBMISSIONS

Post by variol son »

It is with great pleasure that I announce those Watchers whose submissions have been selected for the Kevins Watch Anthology.

A God for Athiests - Loremaster
A New Life - Tulizar
Adrift - Lord Foul
Dr Donez - kevinswatch
Dragon Sky - Dragonlily
Dragonhorn's Tale - Khaliban
Epitaph - jelerak
In the Forge - Dragonlily
Nameday - aliantha
Sandcastles - duchess of malfi
Scorn - BT Shire
Sister Mine - Avatar
The Creed - Furls Fire
The Story - dANdeLION
The Watch - Avatar
Thule of the Quill - aTOMiC

To those who have been successful, congratulations.

To those that were not successful this time, it was always a difficult decision not to select a chosen work for the Anthology, especially given that all those who submitted works were so obviously talented.

If anyone would like some feedback on their submission, please feel free to message me and I'll be happy to have a chat with you.

Congratulations once again to all those successful submitters. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

:cheers:
Very happy!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Thanks Guys. :)

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well done everyone whose work was selected. I look forward to the chance to eventually read it all.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Very cool. Happy to see dAN made it. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Congratulations everyone. I look forward to reading them.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Congrats to all selected! I consider it an honor and priviledge to have been involved in this project. Thank you all for the opportunity.

Don
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Excellent...looks like that bribe paid off.-jay
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

aTOMiC wrote:Very cool. Happy to see dAN made it. :-)
Yeah, but "Flower of Doom" didn't make it. They're probably holding it for the sequal.....yeah, that's the ticket. :D
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

dANdeLION wrote:
aTOMiC wrote:Very cool. Happy to see dAN made it. :-)
Yeah, but "Flower of Doom" didn't make it. They're probably holding it for the sequal.....yeah, that's the ticket. :D
Yes. Saved as a desert that is best served cold.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Tom's parapharasing ancient Klingon proverbs again....
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Very unhappy. In fact, I'm just about pissed. If "all those who submitted works were so obviously talented," why exclude some yet put in multiple entries of others?

I worked hard, while out in the middle of the ocean, even, to get something in for this, and you can't tell me it was too long to fit in. The only negative feedback I got on it was it was too short, and when I said I could lengthen it, even if it changed the nature of the piece, I received no response (not like I couldn't have made it into a small book for as long as it took the results to come back).

Either say it's crap, or say there were other criteria that weren't mentioned or something. Bah.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Sorry to hear you weren't accepted, Syl. I'm sure VS will tell you the details if you want. Whatever reason, it doesn't mean what you wrote is not good. If I remember correctly, Lord Foul's Bane was rejected over 40 times, so you're in good company.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

That's just the point, dAN, for whatever reason? If it's a Kevin's Watch Anthology, why have so few entries, and of those, why repeats? The only logical answer is quality (and yes, my ego finds my rejection on those grounds insulting and incomprehensible, but I can deal), yet, apparently, quality was not an issue.

If I look at, say, The Oxford Book of Science Fiction, there are over 30 authors, and let's face it, none of us are going to be in that book. So what's the point of it all? It just leaves a foul taste in my mouth, and I'm glad I didn't get picked. Sour grapes, certaintly, but otherwise I wouldn't have noticed.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Congratulations everyone, including those who didn't make the final cut.

<Editing for unsporting griping>
Last edited by CovenantJr on Wed May 11, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

You're right, Alan. It was bad form not to congratulate those who were selected before I started griping. So... good job, guys. Sorry.
-George Steiner
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Speaking for myself, I'm sorry you both feel this way. Early on it was decided that multiple entries by a single Watch member could be made, so it should have been apparent - especially with the addition of poetry into the project - that 1 person might have 2 or more stories/poems selected for the Anthology. There were only 2 members who had multiple entries selected, and these 4 works are poetry.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Congratulations to everyone who has been selected!

The selection team had a hard choice to make, and I congratulate them also for not turning from it (even if it did take forever and a day ;)). Well done, guys!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Last edited by CovenantJr on Wed May 11, 2005 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sylvanus wrote:If I look at, say, The Oxford Book of Science Fiction, there are over 30 authors, and let's face it, none of us are going to be in that book. So what's the point of it all? It just leaves a foul taste in my mouth, and I'm glad I didn't get picked. Sour grapes, certaintly, but otherwise I wouldn't have noticed.
So we shouldn't have tried?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”