ANTHOLOGY Status Report

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

Dragonlily
Lord

ANTHOLOGY Status Report

Post by Dragonlily »

The editors have been working on material as it became available, so there are only a few pieces left needing work.

The following stories have been returned to the authors with the initial edits. Their next step is for authors to return them to me:
BT Shire - "Scorn"
Kevinswatch - "Dr. Donez"
Khaliban - "Dragonhorn's Tale"

Or if any of you would prefer to return your story to Myste instead of to me, I think she has recovered enough for it. 8)

I have aTOMiC's "Thule Of the Quill" for rewrites, and I need to tinker a little more with my poem "In the Forge".

Myste is working with Furls Fire's "The Creed."

All others have been turned in for typesetting.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Uh oh, are there still problems with The Creed? I'm sorry I've not been around much lately. If you need more input on it, let me know and I'll try to get it back quicker than I did the last time. :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

The story of The Creed is so good that we want to put the best professional polish on it that is possible to give it. I got so involved with it while I was working on it that I couldn't stand off and be objective any more, so Myste is bringing a fresh eye to it.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

sweet mercy... :oops: :oops: :oops:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

:lol: Don't worry, Furls! Joy's right--it's a wonderful story! :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Is it necessary for our watch names to be included with our real names? To be honest, I think it is a mistake.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I think it's a good idea to let members know who is who in the anthology. Then again, it doesn't necessarily need to actually be printed in the book...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

That's why I think there should be a thread with that information.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I think an identification announcement on KW is a good idea.

I don't know what Myste has in mind about our screen names, but it might have to do with setting our avatars next to our stories. I think it's a good topic for discussion.

My original idea about screen names was that it would make us look less professional if they were included.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dragonlily wrote:My original idea about screen names was that it would make us look less professional if they were included.
I absolutely agree.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

On the other hand, if we don't show screen names, I'll have to rewrite my bio... :P
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, the "acceptance" thread does show the story name and the screen-name of the author.

I say let the team decide. (Everybody seems to be taking this so seriously. ;) ) Personally, I don't care which names are used, either, or both.

--A
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

It doesn't matter much to me, but I'd personally prefer my real name in the "by" part. Besides, I state what my Watch name is in the bio.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Foul has a career to consider.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:mrgreen:
fall far and well Pilots!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I personally don't mind the screen name included however if anyone has any strong feeling against it I'm fine with leaving it off and just referencing the names here at KW.
I'm getting the feeling we are closing in on the end of this process and will have a publication soon. Let's hope so. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I will abide by whatever decision you guys make. Of course, when the mortals read my story, they're going to want to know who I am here so they can worship me. Ahh, but I see that in my infinite wisdom I placed my username in my bio, so nevermind that last sentence. :mrgreen:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I did too, but not so it could be worshipped. :P :lol:

Tom, I am planning to send you the edited version of "Thule" this weekend. Only two other authors have their stories still in their own hands.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Dragonlily wrote:I did too, but not so it could be worshipped. :P :lol:

Tom, I am planning to send you the edited version of "Thule" this weekend. Only two other authors have their stories still in their own hands.
That is very coo, DLl. I look forward to seeing it. BTW thanks for all the work you've done for this. It is greatly appreciated. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Okay, obviously there is some confusion here.

Author's screen names are not--and never were--going to be used as bylines (unless there was a case in which someone didn't want their real name used). The screen names are going to be incorporated into the interior design of the book. The rationale behind this is that this book is the Kevin's Watch Anthology, and therefore it makes sense to have a point of reference to Kevin's Watch. I'm asking you to trust me on this--this is one area where I actually know what I'm doing. On KW, I play a princess, but in real life, I'm a publisher. I have a pretty solid idea of what is "professional" and what isn't.

This book is going to be as good as the authors' writing, Dragonlily's editing, Edge's artwork, and my 5 years of professional publishing experience can make it--which means it's going to be pretty damn good. PM me with individual requests regarding screen names/bios/intros, and I'll deal with them on a case by case basis.

I'm sorry if this sounds dictatorial, but that's what an editor is for. Authors, you've voluntarily put yourselves into our hands--now you have to trust us to carry you gently, and successfully, through this project. PM me if you're at all anxious, or have any specific requests, or want to tell me to go to hell. Otherwise, trust me. I have strong hands. :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”