Favorite quote?

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Turiya
Stonedownor

Gap Quotes

Post by Turiya »

A couple of them:

"I'm the Bill you owe. If you don't pay me, you don't leave." That kinda reminded me of LBJ and "The buck stops here" sign on his desk:) I've been reading *way* too much historical fiction. . .

"I wish to sit." No explanation should be necessary:)

"We don't have time to discuss it." At the end of ADAHGA, when Angus is going off to rescue Morn/destroy Billingate--also good to say when someone's pestering you for not doing work. . .

OK, this might not be exact, it's from memory: "We're headed for a crisis here, Angus. An outright apotheosis. If we don't give Vestabule what he wants, he's going to give us a super-light proton vasectomy." *Love* that.

"I'm going to keep his ship. I like it." Angus finally finds something he likes. Related to this one is :"Voice-command zone implants? Dear me, I'm afraid that's against the law."

"I would like to ask you if you are out of your incorrigible mind." (I agree with above posts. . .almost anything Dolph says is good.)

"Henceforward no one will be allowed to breathe or think or shit his pants without Her Lordship's authorization!" Ah, Hashi Lebwohl. Need I say more?

"Well, you're lying." Lane Harbinger. And the timing on this line is perfect.

There are more--quite a few--but these ones stick out, so I'm done.
Frank The Rabbit
Servant of the Land

Post by Frank The Rabbit »

"It's got to stop." Warden Dios

"I am not your fucking SON!" - Angus

"Kazes are such fun, don't you think?" Nick
KC
Servant of the Land

Post by KC »

There were several points and several lines that caused me to throw the book... too overwhelmed.

Forgive me if I get the quote wrong, but when Vector tells Morn "I'm keeping you sane. So, he can keep hurting you." ... I threw the book and stormed off for an hour.
ParanoiA
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ParanoiA »

KC wrote:There were several points and several lines that caused me to throw the book... too overwhelmed.

Forgive me if I get the quote wrong, but when Vector tells Morn "I'm keeping you sane. So, he can keep hurting you." ... I threw the book and stormed off for an hour.
I'm not done with the series yet, so maybe this question gets resolved later (I'm in the middle of book 4), but I don't get that line at all. It stuck with me, and ever since he's basically done things to imply otherwise. I can't help but to think his role is going to be revealed to be something deeper and surprising. I also haven't seen any POV from him.

Suspicious...very, very suspicious....
Nostradamus
Servant of the Land

Lots of favorite quotes

Post by Nostradamus »

But the dialogue between Warden Dios and Angus Thermopyle as they're about to invade UMC headquarters has several brilliant moments:

Dios - "Don't worry about it. I'll send her a flare."
Angus - "Oh, stop it. You and God. You can handle everything. The rest of us don't have to worry about it."

----

Dios - "I passed sentence on myself a long time ago. I don't see any reason to commute it now. But I passed sentence on Holt too. Whatever happens, I want that one carried out. Don't just kill him, Angus. Tear his goddamn heart out."
Angus - "That's better. Now we can get to work."

Sublime!
Stutty
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Stutty »

That's it... as soon as I finish Mordant's Need, it's time for a Gap re-re-re-read... damn these are good quotes.

"We've committed a crime against your soul. It's got to stop."

"I'm afraid that's illegal."

two paraphrased completely disjointed quotes.

love,
stutt
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1001001 = ASC(73) = "I"
Kirnus
Servant of the Land

Post by Kirnus »

Hey, new here and I know this thread is old...

but I can't go past "What is 'free lunch'? Conventional wisdom asserts that no such thing exsists."

Hashi is amazing.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Kirnus. :D Don't worry about old threads, just jump in anywhere.

--A
Kirnus
Servant of the Land

Post by Kirnus »

Thanks, :D It's about time I joined Ive been absolutly obsesed by Donaldsons books for years.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, you've come to the right place. :D

--A
Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

"Whenever she was faced with a difficult choice, she approached it by asking herself who she was, what she wanted, what she believed in." re: Koina Hannish in This Day All Gods Die

I collect quotes and I actually added this one to my collection.

Return to “The Gap Series”