President Hillary

Archive From The 'Tank
caamora
The Purifier

President Hillary

Post by caamora »

Do you think she could win the presidency?

She has been very quiet during the Sheehan thing and many say that she is becoming more of a centrist as the campaigning season nears.

Thoughts?
The King has one more move.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

caam,

Yes, she's moving to the center for a Presidential bid, IMO. Her chances of winning the DNC nomination are decent, but I'm not sure if she'd win nationally. Hard to say right now, but I'd certainly vote for her.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I think I'd vote for her on principle, regardless of all the negative feelings she's engendered (even among liberals). I'd like to think that if she's going to make mistakes, she will at least make them on her own, not as a puppet of some shadowy background figure. She doesn't seem the type to put up with that sort of thing: I still remember one incident where she flat out snubbed her husband on stage at some sort of nationally televised event. If she can carry that sort of attitude into the White House, I'm all for it.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

I'd readily vote for a woman, but not Hillary.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Why not?

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i'll be working for the elect Hillary campaign. (when I was 16 I worked for Mondale/Ferraro) but I doubt that the old boy network will let any minority be president. they have fixed at least three elections that we know of, what would one more be?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

All conspiracy theories aside....

No, she can't win. The country isn't ready for a female President yet, especially not with her last name.

A Hillary nomination all but guarantees a GOP win.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Not sure about that. I mean, if it's Hillary vs McCain, yeah, GOP win. If it's Hillary vs Cheney. No. But I don't think it's going to be Hillary vs anyone. If Hillary is nominated, it's only going to cause a shift towards the center. The most centrist Democratic candidates will come forward (and though Hillary's trying to move towards center, I don't think it will be enough). I know that if I voted in the primaries, I'd go for Mark Warner, for example, over Hillary.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Yeah, but there's no way Cheney's gonna run.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Bob Woodward Predicts a Cheney vs. Hillary Race in 2008
I don't think it's likely, but I don't think it's impossible, either.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

The GOP nominating Cheney would be dumber than nominating Dole. Besides, given Cheney's health, I just can't see it happening.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

How about Condaleesa Rice vs. Hilliary Clinton?
(did I spell her name right?)

Wouldn't that be an interesting race. I, for one, would love to see a woman president. I think the nation is ready for it. After all, there have been and are many female heads of state.
The King has one more move.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

caamora wrote:How about Condaleesa Rice vs. Hilliary Clinton?
I've seen this speculation before. Would the GOP even consider nominating an African American Woman? I highly doubt it. While I lean way to the left, and would vote for Hillary, I would be very torn if it was between Hillary and Powell. But, I don't see the GOP nominating an African American Man either, even if he did resolve his family issues, and decided to run. They would loose too much of their WASPish base, IMO.
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

I still think it will be Hillary vs. Juliani, with maybe Elizabeth Dole or Condi as his running mate.
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I just hope to God former Judge Roy Moore is not nominated by the GOP. www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36899
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

That would be a snowball's chance in hell.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

sj,

I dunno, dude. The fundamentalists love this guy. He's one of their modern-day heroes.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Considering I didn't even here about it when that article was written (2004 election), yeah... not likely.
-George Steiner
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

Hey I heard Kelsey Grammer is thinking about running for office as a Republican. If Moore wins the nom, I wouldn't vote for him.
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

From what I'm hearing here, he's far more likely to try to become my Govenor. I won't vote for him. And it's not because he put the Ten Commandments into the court house. It's because he thumbed his nose at a higher court when told to remove them.
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.

Return to “Coercri”