WATCH ERRORS!!! Vain - HELP!!!

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

WATCH ERRORS!!! Vain - HELP!!!

Post by Creator »

I've been getting this!!
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kevinswatch.ihugny.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Also, I'm randomly logged out! HELP Vain!!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=281464#281464
hitting the "refresh" button seems to work for me. ;) (or "ctrl & F5")
CovenantJr
Lord

Re: WATCH ERRORS!!! Vain - HELP!!!

Post by CovenantJr »

Creator wrote:I've been getting this!!
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kevinswatch.ihugny.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Here it is again. Half a dozen times in the last ten minutes or so.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I wonder if it's wider than just a Watch problem.
Two other forums that I frequent have also been plagued by connection issues like this too, off and on for the past few days.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Help again!!

I am getting Random

"Could not find email template file topic_notify"

I got this sending a PM and got another posting to a thread. In both cases the actual post seems to work. Lastly, I've seen random threads that have problems showing the "actual" last post!!

Gremlins?

[BTW, I still randomly get signed off - from multiple different computers I use!]

Help us Vain! "You're our only hope!!"
Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

The Esmer wrote:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=281464#281464
hitting the "refresh" button seems to work for me. ;) (or "ctrl & F5")
"F5" works without the control key being pushed.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Tis the gremlins I fear. I thinksome of these issues can only be resolved once I switch to the latest version of this board - but then we may have to do without some mods for a little while
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

I would volunteer to go into mod "limbo" for a while if it would help with the upgrade and stabilization.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I believe he means modifications (WGDs and such), Creator. The moderators are safe... for now.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Syl wrote:I believe he means modifications (WGDs and such), Creator. The moderators are safe... for now.
Ahhh, those mods!! LOL

We could probably do without some for the sake of board stability. And then ITEM RUSH!! Could be fun! :lol:
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I'm getting an Internal Server Error message and my posts get wiped out. Twice now I've lost posts when I merely clicked on the Preview button. I could not retrieve them, as clicking on the Back button just kicks me to a blank page. By the way, I'm submitting this post without any previewing.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Testing Preview Option

I have no real idea how or why the internal server error occurs but I'd suggest copying any long posts before posting them. That way, if an error occurs, you can still paste it. Not ideal I know :(
Esmer
Giantfriend

Post by Esmer »

Matrixman wrote:I'm getting an Internal Server Error message and my posts get wiped out. Twice now I've lost posts when I merely clicked on the Preview button. I could not retrieve them, as clicking on the Back button just kicks me to a blank page. By the way, I'm submitting this post without any previewing.
hit your refresh button (or F5 key) when that happens (you may also get a "click to resend/retry" button, hit that too), it usually fixes it without losing the text, MM. ;)
even God must bend the knee
to the tyrant of eternity
having always been, to always have to be
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Thanks for the tip!
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

;) I do what Vain says anyway, tho.....and sometimes I will work on a post in Notepad "offsite" and then just copy and paste it.... 8)

I have noticed that when you edit a post, if you edit it too quickly, as in BEFORE ANYONE ELSE CAN SEE WHAT A BONEHEADED MISTAKE YOU JUST MADE :oops: , it gives you the "you cannot make another post so soon after making another post" error message...... :confused: :?:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

There's a 30-second flood-control limit. IIRC, it was lower before the hack/upgrade. Maybe we can ask Jay to put it back the way it was...it's not doing any good anyway. ;)

As for the copy paste, I always forget. If I make a long post, I usually remember just after I click submit. But it you're really quick, you can still copy it before the next page loads. (On my measley connection anyway. ;) )

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I believe Alynna raised it to 45 after the hack, then dropped it to 15 seconds. I'm not sure if there was even a control at all before.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i constantly get the posting too soon error. and i am a slow/medium typer.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yes, but where do you get it? :lol:

Seems longer than 15 secs to me Murrin. Maybe I'm wrong.

--A
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Murrin wrote:I believe Alynna raised it to 45 after the hack, then dropped it to 15 seconds. I'm not sure if there was even a control at all before.
There was, and it was set to 15. Now it's set to 35 seconds. As for editing your posts, there's this spectacular function called "Preview." It's got a button right next to "Submit." If you stop using the Quick Reply function and use the full reply screen, you might just be able to take advantage of it. ;) ;)

Edit: Well, apparently you can Preview with Quick Reply, too. Use it! Use it I tell you!! :P
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”