KW ANTHOLOGY II: CONTRIBUTOR'S GUIDE

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I'm sorry about that SoulQuest - I never received a PM although you may have sent it to one of the other members of the team. I'll have a chat with them and get back to you. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Change of mind: at 3am in the morning I was in the middle of writing (in my head) my submission - I had one of those flashes of creativity events (came out of no where while I was thinking about cellular respiration - as you do) that resulted in something I just had to write.

Anyway, my novel - part two - needs major rewriting and I need to think about the direction. So that means I must take a break from it. So I will be writing a submission any day now.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Loremaster wrote:So I will be writing a submission any day now.
Outstanding. Its all coming together. This will be even better than the first Anthology. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

aTOMiC wrote:
Loremaster wrote:So I will be writing a submission any day now.
Outstanding. Its all coming together. This will be even better than the first Anthology. :-)
Hey thanks. :D
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Lore: you mean a break from what i'm reading? i am enjoying it so far.

i shall submit as well. julie will read through some of my stuff and offer her opinion.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

sgtnull wrote:Lore: you mean a break from what i'm reading? i am enjoying it so far.

i shall submit as well. julie will read through some of my stuff and offer her opinion.
|G I appreciate that, Dennis. I really do.

The reason is that part two doesn't work; it's 160 pages sent in 200ft of starship. And I'm complicating the whole process with subplots. It doesn't feel right.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

sounds like a good universe though. :) you can always have new books on whatever subject strikes your fancy. sounds like you have given yourself job security.

some of us write odd bits of things that can not support a long line of books (toys, lunchpails, etc) :)

lack of sleep has made me a bit loopy... had to type that a couple times.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

sgtnull wrote:sounds like a good universe though. :) you can always have new books on whatever subject strikes your fancy. sounds like you have given yourself job security.
Thanks - I've been working on it for 17 years (oh, the crap that used to be in it . . .). I will finish the Samsarin - i just need to work out what the hell to do with chapter 2.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Loremaster wrote:And I'm complicating the whole process with subplots. It doesn't feel right.
The important thing is that you're noticing it straight away. And I must agree with Dennis, from what I've read of it, the universe is a great one. Now you just have to poulate it. ;)

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Loremaster wrote:And I'm complicating the whole process with subplots. It doesn't feel right.
The important thing is that you're noticing it straight away. And I must agree with Dennis, from what I've read of it, the universe is a great one. Now you just have to poulate it. ;)

--A
Thanks :oops: I am, funnily enough, proud that I can see part two as flawed. Just that it's a shame I will have to lose it all.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Do we have a deadline? I'm not going to have a brain clear enough to begin thinking about this until next week, at the earliest....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Yes, the deadline is in the first post: 9-5-06
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

variol son wrote:I'm sorry about that SoulQuest - I never received a PM although you may have sent it to one of the other members of the team. I'll have a chat with them and get back to you. :D
Thanks. Also the email address I had when I sent it is no longer valid. If you need to email me, use monstermom03@yahoo.com or teresa@tarrantcountyparanormal.com.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I just submitted a poem-please let me know if you've received it. I guess I must have had some problem with my email when I sent it in for the 1st Anthology--it was never received.
fall far and well Pilots!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

danlo wrote:I just submitted a poem-please let me know if you've received it. I guess I must have had some problem with my email when I sent it in for the 1st Anthology--it was never received.
danlo, I just checked the account. Your submission has not arrived as yet. Maybe a problem.

iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Can we submit FanFic based on TCTC?
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

iquestor wrote:Can we submit FanFic based on TCTC?
I'm glad you asked that question since it was a clear oversight in the submission guidelines. Due to copyright issues we are unable to accept any form of fan fiction. All entries must be original and the story, poem or graphic fiction content must be wholly owned by the individual author.

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Furls Fire wrote:hmmm...about sequels. I was going to polish up Brae, which is a sequel to The Creed. For the most part, it can stand on it's own, but the ending...well, not sure that can. I would like to submit it for Anthology II, but I'm not positive people will really know what is going on at the end if they haven't read The Creed...
Oh, I hope you do that!!!!! :D 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

And you can always include a brief recap of necessary information when it's needed.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

WHGB - if SRD can do it Furls then so can you! :D

|G
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”