Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I liked Crokus.

--A
Onos T'oolan
First Sword

Post by Onos T'oolan »

Looking back at the complete series, this is the Top 10 that springs to mind in a few minutes of thought.

Coltaine
Cotillion
Duiker
Fiddler
Itkovian
Kalam
Kruppe
Onos T'oolan
Onrack
Quick Ben
"You have no understanding of what his title of Sword signifies - he is without equal in this world." -- K'rul
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I think I preferred Tool to Onos Toolan or Onos T'oolan, and I preferred Onrack the Broken to Onrack.

Trull Sengar, Karsa Orlong, Kruppe, Tehol Beddict, Shield Anvil Itkovian, Icarium (Mappo's too emo).
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

The re-read has been delayed too long - I can only vaguely remember those characters I favourited 4 years ago! Though I DO remember pulling off the Tehol scam to great effect in Pantheon :biggrin:

One bit I didn't remember from GotM is when Quick Ben travels to the Shadowrealm and as he flees we find out he was a former High Priest of Shadow, and a few pages later find out his real name, Ben Adaephon Delat.

He's BAD .....sorry couldn't resist!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Onos T'oolan
First Sword

Post by Onos T'oolan »

Murrin wrote:I think I preferred Tool to Onos Toolan or Onos T'oolan, and I preferred Onrack the Broken to Onrack.
I'm trying to view each of them as one character. For me, Onos Toolan wasn't seen enough to really say how different he is. But he accepted the nickname for him - Tool - toward the end of GotM, but was Onos T'oolan again right away in MoI, so I don't think even SE saw as much of a difference as he may have originally intended.

I love Onrack both ways. He was great in HoC, as, no longer part of the Vow, he became more and more different from the other T'lan Imass. THEN, he became living again in the Refugium! Watching that happen - feeling his wonder - seeing him change, but remain a great character... I love it!
"You have no understanding of what his title of Sword signifies - he is without equal in this world." -- K'rul
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I mean Tool through GotM and MoI, Onos Toolan while he was mortal Imass, and Onos T'oolan when he was killed and brought back as T'lan again.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, I preferred him as a T'lan myself.

--A

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”