2015 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

SoulBiter wrote:And then there was one. Pats lost.
There was no way Pats could keep going losing multiple players per game like they have been. It's damn amazing they got to 10.

I would be surprised if Goodell hadn't arranged for some "non-contract bonuses" this year.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Another loss for the pats.... however they get back some of their injured players for the upcoming game.

Panthers continue to win.... Saints almost pulled an upset on them and Cam almost got hurt in the game. He needs to be more careful about running, but I know he wont.

Bengals are back winning again and look pretty good.

Now officiating.... Cail's assertion is getting under my skin because damnit I am seeing to many no calls right in front of the refs and calls that shouldn't be made by refs too often to keep calling it coincidence.

Panthers/Saints game - 12 men in the huddle by the Panthers. Not once, not twice, but three times...none of them called....even after the Saints coach blasted them for it on the sideline. An obvious offsides by the panthers, never called... A PI where there was no contact....

Say what you will, but it was pretty obvious to me that the refs were in the Panthers favor the entire game.

Falcons are so bad right now its hard to watch..... Matt Ryan just doesnt look comfortable nor does he seem confident in the new Shannehan scheme. Franchise players are starting to talk about the playcalling in the locker room... not a good formula. There could be a new OC in the new year.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Things continue to play out the same.

Patriots have clenched their division for the 7th year in a row.

Panthers clenched their division as well.

Bengals look really good, until they play the Steelers... then they look inept. But thats a rivalry game where all records go out the window.

Broncos look really good without Peyton.

Some of the Divisions look so bad that most of the teams dont have a winning schedule but are still in the playoff picture. Colts, Texans, Redskins, Eagles

Falcons continue to look like a shell of the team that took the field early this year. Quite frankly they just need a full rebuild and thats a 2 to 3 year ordeal of losing losing losing. Not a good recipe for selling PSL's to the new Stadium I can tell you.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Cam Newton became the first NFL player to (in the same game) throw for 300 yards, throw for 5 td's and rush for 100 yards. that is amazing.

Pats back to winning. nice upset by the Texans, but that division is simply awful.

Monday night is Saints vs Lions. awful game.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Speaking of records set yesterday by QBs, Russell Wilson became the first to throw 3+ TDs and zero interceptions in five consecutive regular-season games.

He almost got picked off late in the 4th quarter, but dodged that bullet...not that it would have changed the game outcome.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the Lions - Saints game, ugh what awful officiating. Lions take a time out, but don't have one. officials announce this and then just shrug it off. just one of many horrible calls.

Pats sign Stephen Jackson - does he anything left?

Russell Wilson I like, the head coach in Seattle is a horse's ass.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

I respectfully disagree with Sarge's opinion of Pete Carroll.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Rawedge Rim and I met up in Jacksonville and we went to the Jax vs Falcons game. Falcons won.... truly a fun game. Lots of Falcons fans...enough to be noisy but were so reserved because we were all on the edge of our seats thinking.. OK when do we lose this one.

Steelers (yuck) are picking up some steam at just the right time. Pats arent a power house but keep winning. Panthers still look good, but they are beatable as well. Falcons get to play them again this weekend. Hopefully not the beatdown we saw a couple of weeks ago.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote:Falcons get to play them again this weekend. Hopefully not the beatdown we saw a couple of weeks ago.
wooohooo.Falcons take down the previously unbeaten Panthers
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Can't believe I forgot about this thread. Chip Kelly, gone. Blindsided there. Don't think many saw that coming. Before end of season even. Don't feel much for the guy, this year was bad, nothing really to build on.

Hoping Pats OL can get healthy. And Edelman. They'll be back if so, esp w/Broncos and Bengals having QB problems.

Cardinals look like team to beat right now tho.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

been expecting Kelly to get fired. a college coach who thought that like in college, his schemes would be the important thing. the players run the nfl. Chip should find a soft landing with a nice big college.

Patriots lose because Slater calls to kick off in OT. did he screw up or did Coach really call that play?

will Sean Peyton end up leaving New Orleans for another team. Saints will demand draft choices for it. maybe he and Drew can head off into the sunset together.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Cards are looking tough to beat this year..

Panthers can still make a run but I think there are still too many holes in their game.

Bengals are not playing consistent ball right now. Once they get ahead its like they play not to lose rather than keeping the pedal down.

Patriots just don't look the powerhouse they did earlier in the year. Too many injuries are hampering this team.

Packers look like a hot mess right now. I dont see them making a splash except to be one and out.

The Broncos are not playing consistent either but are finding ways to win.

Jets actually look good but I dont see them going all the way.

Nice to see the Redskins and Vikings in the playoff picture.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Man, how do you call this year? And, IMHO, what we know now is useless anyway. Tempted to use this weeks games to imagine the future, but throw it all out, it really doesn't matter. Maybe trends are important, which means watch out for Seahawks, Chiefs and Steelers, and sorry Packers, Pats and Bengals. Or, maybe trends don't matter either. Packers and Pats have been here before, many times, does that matter? Cardinals and Panthers sure haven't.

One prediction, I think Seahawks come out of NFC.
--Andy

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Pats: it depends on how much team they get back before they play ... and how much Belichick was throwing the last couple of regular season games. It could go either way ...

Nah. Pats will lose the first post-season game. Belichick doesn't want it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cards got rolled this week by the Seahawks... I just dont think they match up well against them.

Pats...you never know who is going to show up.

I'm not going to look too far ahead... just yet. Below bolded are my picks. The only reason I am picking the Steelers is because they seem to have the Bengals number when they play at the Jungle. Its like some kind of mental thing for the Bengals.

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 9
Kansas City at Houston (ESPN/ABC)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (CBS)

Sunday, Jan. 10

Seattle at Minnesota (NBC)
Green Bay at Washington (FOX)
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Kansas City at Houston
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Sunday, Jan. 10

Seattle at Minnesota
Green Bay at Washington

I have no idea why the pats looked like they threw the last game. better play off match up? I have no idea.

Houston's defense can surprise. if the offense can just give them enough to work with. I won't trust Cincy until Dalton does it in the post season. Seattle has come on strong. The packers look beatable and the Redskins could make some way, they seem to believe in themselves. RG III needs a new home next year.

Coughlin stepping down from the Giants was no surprise. does he want another job? Cleveland fires everyone, remains a mess. seems like Johnny Football wil be headed elsewhere. (Dallas?)

will Sean Payton leave New Orleans. Will Jerry Jones fire his coach?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well some questions got answered.

Sean Peyton and Drew Brees are going to remain with the Saints for the foreseeable future.

I don't think Andy Dalton will be starting this week. He broke his thumb a couple of games ago and the backup has been playing. I have to say, for a backup to step in at this point, he has done very good.

The Browns need stability. This idea that you fire everyone every year because your team sucks doesn't work.

Lovie Smith got fired from Tamba. Didn't see that coming either and for the same reasons. They need consistency in their program.

Looks like the Falcons will hold what they have for now and keep Dimitroff as GM.

Miami interviewed Mike Smith. I think he would be good for one of these programs (if not Miami) that need someone to come in and give the team some discipline and stability. He had some game management issues at times but overall he was a really good coach who took the falcons to multiple winning seasons and playoffs.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

How bout dem Bengals. Talk about stability, Marvin Lewis somehow still has a job. Not only not getting it done in playoffs, but last night a reminder of the nutjobs that wind up on his teams. Totally lost only b/c of idiots. Especially Jones. How you get a 15 yarder after 5 mins or so of waiting around for hurt player?? They got what they derserve, one of worst losses ever.
--Andy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote:Cards got rolled this week by the Seahawks... I just dont think they match up well against them.

Pats...you never know who is going to show up.

I'm not going to look too far ahead... just yet. Below bolded are my picks. The only reason I am picking the Steelers is because they seem to have the Bengals number when they play at the Jungle. Its like some kind of mental thing for the Bengals.

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 9
Kansas City at Houston (ESPN/ABC)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (CBS)

Sunday, Jan. 10

Seattle at Minnesota (NBC)
Green Bay at Washington (FOX)
Well 3 out of 4 isn't bad.

Bengals gave their game away by just being stupid. But I will point out that the officiating was trying very hard to give it to the Steelers. That helmet to Helmet should have been called earlier. I don't see how the officials got away with that. The last penalty.. I don't know why it wasn't offsetting since the Steelers coaches are not supposed to be on the field and that is an automatic penalty.

Hated to see the Vikings shank their season away in that last kick. The guy who is the ball holder for that needs to be replaced. You always put the threads away from the kicker... Always.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Next round

KC Chiefs vs NE Patriots

Pittsburg Steelers vs Denver Broncos

Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers

Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals

My picks bolded

Return to “Sports”