How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

That sucks. I'm just stumbling through the week...

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It feels like it should be Thursday. I feel like I say that a lot on Wednesdays. Maybe Wednesdays should be banned.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Well, it is Thursday now. Starting to feel marginally better about the week. :D

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I am feeling different. I had a flying dream last night. I haven't had a flying dream in a dozen years or so. Makes me feel like I am entering into a more optimistic phase of my life. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Do/did you fly (for real I mean) Tom?
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

peter wrote:Do/did you fly (for real I mean) Tom?

Well, within the dream, there was a multi story building with a long, wide staircase. I was able to fly (float in any direction I wanted like the sensation of swimming underwater) up and down from one floor to the other while people in the dream had to walk the steps.

I used to have dreams like that all the time. I could fly high enough to see over houses and trees and go anywhere in the dream I wanted that way. Rarely did I walk anywhere in those scenarios. But little by little over time I just stopped having flying dreams and walked or ran from then on until last night. The brain is a weird and fascinating thing indeed.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

aTOMiC wrote:
I used to have dreams like that all the time. I could fly high enough to see over houses and trees and go anywhere in the dream I wanted that way. Rarely did I walk anywhere in those scenarios. But little by little over time I just stopped having flying dreams and walked or ran from then on until last night. The brain is a weird and fascinating thing indeed.
Funny you should mention that. I used to have dreams like that too, and I can't remember the last time I had one. I can remember a dream I had last night, and it was of a disturbing and difficult to interpret nature. It was mainly just weird, but there was one disturbing aspect that stuck with me for a while after I woke up. I generally put my dreams into two categories these days: Caused By Stress, and Just Plain Weird. I'm not really sure which this one was, and it's usually easy to tell.

Post by Avatar »

I feel like it was a quiet day yesterday. On the plus side, Friday!

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Barely slept last night, but somehow managed to squeeze in a Ceiling Is Collapsing dream. Which is about where dreams should be in my current mental state. At least it didn't involve any fluorescent purple mutant orangutans.

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Sorus wrote:Barely slept last night, but somehow managed to squeeze in a Ceiling Is Collapsing dream. Which is about where dreams should be in my current mental state.
Oh, yuck. :-(
At least it didn't involve any fluorescent purple mutant orangutans.
Yes.

I am having an overall good week... though with some ups and downs. I was super-anxious two or three weeks ago.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I think the post Christmas/New Year months are recognised as being the ones where people struggle the most. Not sure why this should be so - not for love of the preceding festive season and depression at its passing that's for sure! February is the month that has the highest suicide rate and contains the date that regularly records the highest level of absenteeism in the workplace. I tend to be at my most neurotic in Jan and Feb - but couldn't begin to tell you why. :)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Post by Avatar »

Quiet weekend. On the Watch anyway. I was far too busy. And this is going to be a very busy...uh...foreseeable future (at least a few months) for me, what with me having to take over parts of 2 people's jobs for a while.

Oh well, suppose I better start earning my pay. :D

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Went through an orientation and interview process to move from my current low-responsibility admin job into a manufacturing engineer role. At the end of it, get told the manager doesn't think I've demonstrated the capability for the kind of technical judgement and decision making required, so they're not going to offer me a job.

My job will cease to exist in about a year, and now it's either take a shop floor job (good pay, but have to work long shifts - including night shift every third week - on my feet loading parts into ovens and tanks) or get made redundant and have to find work elsewhere.

I can pretty much guarantee that the next job I get will not pay anywhere near as well as my current one does. I've gotten off easy the last seven years.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Annoyed because someone nabbed the light off of my bike while I nipped in the shop for a sandwich. Reprobates in this city I tell ye!

Other than such relatively minor upsets, I'm feeling pretty good.

Post by Avatar »

That sucks Murrin. Easy is good. Easy is always good. :D

Nice to see you around Hier. Uh...no suggestions about the light. On the plus side, at least it wasn't the whole bike. :D

--A
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

heh yeah well they would have had a pretty hard time cutting through the dlock in the 2 minutes I was in the shop unless they happened to be carrying some heavy duty tools through town

I did have a whole bike stolen a few months ago however xD
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I'm Murrin wrote:Went through an orientation and interview process to move from my current low-responsibility admin job into a manufacturing engineer role. At the end of it, get told the manager doesn't think I've demonstrated the capability for the kind of technical judgement and decision making required, so they're not going to offer me a job.

My job will cease to exist in about a year, and now it's either take a shop floor job (good pay, but have to work long shifts - including night shift every third week - on my feet loading parts into ovens and tanks) or get made redundant and have to find work elsewhere.

I can pretty much guarantee that the next job I get will not pay anywhere near as well as my current one does. I've gotten off easy the last seven years.
Good luck with the whole thing Murrin, which ever route you decide on. Never any fun having your circumstances change like this, particularly if you have gambles to make in the options available. :)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

peter wrote:
Good luck with the whole thing Murrin, which ever route you decide on. Never any fun having your circumstances change like this, particularly if you have gambles to make in the options available. :)
Second the good luck. I was in the same boat some years back and was forced to make a decision quickly, which I am still paying for. You have time to weigh the various pros and cons - don't rush into anything.

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

I'm Murrin wrote:Went through an orientation and interview process to move from my current low-responsibility admin job into a manufacturing engineer role. At the end of it, get told the manager doesn't think I've demonstrated the capability for the kind of technical judgement and decision making required, so they're not going to offer me a job.
That's kind of a let-down. :-/ I would be so disappointed.

hierachy- once, someone stole the seat off my husband's bike when he was in class!

That city we lived in had a lot of petty crime.

Another time, there, I left a box of stuff out of my sight for a few minutes (to move some other boxes in to a building) and it was gone.
I was surprised with how much rage I felt toward this person whom I'd never met, but had been wronged by.

Good to see another oldbie around, hierachy!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I used to say that people would steal anything that wasn't nailed down, but that doesn't give enough credit in this city. They'll steal the nails, too. I've seen people cut heavy-duty bike locks with high-powered saws in broad daylight - sparks flying and everything. Takes about 30 seconds at most.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”