A DREAM!!?? BEWARE CONSPIRATORS!!

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Would you like to dream about

1. the members of Kevins Watch??
No votes
2. carrying Vain for many hours??
No votes
3. Having Vain carry you .. coz he can??
22%
4. Being awake in a large hot tub filled with bubbles (not of your own making) reading a good book?
11%
5.Being eaten by a fire breathing dragon?
No votes
5.Being eaten by a fire breathing dragon?
No votes
6.Eating a fire breathing dragon?
11%
7.None of the above quite describes what it is you'd like
56%

Total votes: 18

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I awoke this morning from a very disturbing dream .. Some one had gone ahead and organised the Elohimfest .. or so we thought ..

We all received invitations to attend .. It was held in some Northern Kingdom .. looked remarkably like how you'd imagine Ireland to look .. very green and lush .. and woody .. In the midst of the greenery there was an enormous castle .. *which I thought was a rather nice touch* ..

There were joustings and we all were dressed as medieval knights with a few maidens thrown in .. but they were more sparse from memory .. I was amused at the setting and the medieval theme we had going .. and began to look for other Watch members .. there seemed to be a lot of people far more than registered as members at the Watch ..

It appeared to me in my travels through the public square and following a few jostlings that there were others here besides us .. Others from other fantasy forums .. oh well I mused .. and continued in search of aliantha for some reason .. *sorry Aliantha* and the first person I came upon was Vain .. mute and barely able to raise his hand .. I observed that he had been smoking the 'peace pipe' for goodness knows how long .. I looked for Treasure Berries or Danlo my usual partners in crime but could not detect them .. so I picked Vain up and threw him over my shoulder and continued my search for aliantha .. :wink: ..

Well so far I had secured one contact .. where were the others?? Vain was still barely compus .. and I began searching for Hearthcoal and Seasauce .. I was sure they would be here together .. and Amy where was he?? Danlo?? Foamy?? Juntel?? and countless others?? Maybe they couldnt make it .. who knew .. not me at that time .. Vain became heavy .. so I put him down and put his arm over my shoulder and pressed on with him taking some of his own weight ..

It seemed like the feastings had begun .. and people were lying about the ground eating and drinking .. most getting into quite a state of inebriation .. I thought to myself that this was odd .. I am not sure why? But something smelt amiss and I am sure it wasnt just Vain .. :wink:

Having my suspicions raised I began to search out some of the rooms of the castle .. when suddenly I came across something rather disconcerting .. a book with details of the gathering entered .. and with references to 'feeding the dragon'.

Ah hah!! The evil and unattractive organiser of this gathering .. had a far more insidious plot at work .. Somehow he had got his hands on a baby fire breathing dragon .. and had raised it to adulthood .. He had called this gathering from all the 4 quaters of the earth .. to feed his dragon...

How truly brilliant!! He called and held this gathering in some far off Northern Kingdom .. where feeding his dragon would be likely to raise any suspicion or alert authorities of this great evil .. and who did he choose as his victims .. the fodder???

Members of fantasy forums?? Computer nerds?? People who would not be readily missed in the real world .. People who spent most of there waking and free hours on the computer/internet even.. My god what an ingenious plot??!! And he .. the evil organiser .. planned to lull all participants into subjection and submissiveness with much food and drink/alchohol and the occassional peace pipe :wink: ..

Well now that I knew .. and having always been innately valiant .. I set off to warn and try to save all innocents brought here without the express knowledge of this evil plot ..

I had Vain .. and I knew that I must form a core force .. so set off to gather from the hoards .. the registered members of Kevins Watch first .. and having informed them of this beastly plot to feed us to the fire breathing dragon .. they then could be sent out to assist in the gathering of the rest .. then we could plan how on earth we would escape from this place ..

Well folks that was quite a dream .. or was it??? Beware of rogue invitations that come through the mail inviiting you to a Elohimfest or similar gathering .. Do you really know that you are not going to end up dragon fodder at the end of the day??? Beware of conspirators ... Beware .. :wink:

I really loved that dream .. 1. I got to be the hero .. and I love that .. and 2. I got to meet you all .. eventually .. 3. It was the coolest dream I have ever had ... 8)

See you all in my dreams ... :wink: :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

dreams?

Post by Prince of Amber »

Wow Skyweir - that sounds like quite a ride. I'd love to have a dream like that, I voted for being carried by Vain, but actually being carried in the arms of a giant would be better - I have a feeling that Vain would be a bit uncomfortable (all sharp and bony)
When I was a kid I had really vivid dreams, you know like you were actually there. Some of them were bad, like you had an important exam and you'd done little or no revision or the classic falling off a cliff etc., Others were really weird and fantastic like the one you've just had, but for years now I've hardly had any dreams, in fact I can't remember the last dream I had.
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

I have a bad memory

I've just done a bit of research and found that vitamins B6 and 12 can help with dream recall so I'm probably having loads of cool dreams and not remembering them. :P
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'm with the Prince on this one, I can barely remember dreaming. Although I did have a very vivid dream last night (coincidental or transcedental?)

Mine involved flying in a plane - but no ordinary one mind you. It was one of those "fly by wire" versions - and I mean it literally flew by wire - it was hooked to some sky wire (skywier? This is getting freaky).

Anyway, we were flying - I guess to Auckland - and we took a wrong turn. I was up front with the Captain (dunno why) and we had to use reverse thrusters to reverse along the incorrect wire path and to get us back on track.

Then we were in a city - I figured it for Auckland but come to think of it, there was no Sky Tower even though I looked for it. We flew at ridiculously low heights - pretty much metres above the ground and inbetween buildings. I looked down at the harbour and men were diving down into the harbour for I have no clue what but they stood on massive and ancient stone pillars in the middle of the harbour.

Then the plane shot up at an incredible speed and it was a veritable roller coaster ride to......and there I guess I stopped dreaming and probably awoke.

Have no idea what it all means but seeing that we're talking dreams I figured I'd share ;) Oh Yes !! I chose being carried by Vain - although of course I would much rather spend a day in the company of Linden in Andelain (now who wouldn't?)
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

A day (or 2) with Linden in Andelain, now 'I'd buy that for a dollar!!' :lol:
danlo
Lord

Ay carumba!

Post by danlo »

Well I 4 1 am jealous--I've been looking 4 a good dream lately--I guess when Elohimfest is organized--which it WILL be--I (or we) better post it here 1st b4 any emails go out and when they do have a desclaimer saying: if u come we certify that u will in no way b used as baby dragon fodder. Yes something def is going on lately must b spring, or the full moon or the fact that Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are all coming in2 the most perfect alignment we'll ever c on May 14! In my dream last night I kept taking the same bus 2 dif job sites and winding up @ the same farm I worked @ the day b4! I walked down the opposite direction of where the bus had left me off and encounted strange board of education buildings that were enclosed 2 the right and a path 2 the left led 2 a riverwatch and tremendous waterfall--dam like waterfalls--the was a little wooded park below that Shirley MacClaine was walking around in itthen all of a sudden I was on a train trying 2 save a young girl of whom hitmen from the board of education were trying 2 kill--when I looked out the window Shirley was running along trying 2 warn us about something--that's about all I remember except winding up in some odd ski lodge-gym sort of place in a locker room dressed only in a towel and desperatly having 2 go 2 the bathroom--So I, for some reason, voted 4 the bubble bath--but it was more like a jacuzzi!
fall far and well Pilots!
Coercri
Stonedownor

Post by Coercri »

That's quite a dream!! Sounds like the makings for a short story to me....... I especially enjoyed the choice of victims......we would be the most likely lot wouldn't we? :(
Skyweir
Lord of Light

exactly!!

Post by Skyweir »

Coercri that was the very thing that impressed me most about my dream .. the victims .. the pure brilliance of the choice of victims ..

I woke up thinking .. 'far out!! .. who better to choose if you want a large group of bodies to feed to a fire breathing baby dragon???' It just made such perfect sense to me ..

And the funny .. yet depressing thing was .. that I was obviously there :roll: .. and only came across one other KW member before I woke .. (Vain) .. which kind of indicated to me that we were THE most likely candidates (nice word for comp/internet nerds/'losers' :wink: ) .. anyway it was a bit of a giggle albeit a little too close to the truth for my liking 8O hehe ..

I just loved that dream .. it was so tight and really interesting .. and not entirely bazarro as most dreams can be .. it had a some semblance of a purpose a plot line if you like .. a beginning a middle and an end point .. I just didnt get to it ..

lmao .. PofA .. you are probably having the coolest dreams but just cant recall them .. You'll have to up your vitamin intake .. :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Coercri
Stonedownor

Post by Coercri »

..........let's just hope you're not seer & oracle :wink:
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Skyweir wrote: But something smelt amiss and I am sure it wasnt just Vain
I just read this bit properly :)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm ... have I missed something in this translation??

Is there something amiss with this sentence .. pray reveal in simple small words that I can grasp thy meaning good fellow ..

.. or was it simply .. that from the - Vain - persona .. some hint of the abnoxious assailed one's nostrils?? mmm .. an intriguing mystery there lies in the above small post :wink:

Its always a cause of some concern when I fear I may have missed something that may well be obvious .. its like re-visiting the Erection of the Colossus .. all over again 8O
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Link smell amiss to bubbles not of your own making and the connection will be made :)

You've lost me on the Erection of the Colossus. Your turn to clarify :)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ahh all's crystal clear now .. :wink:

I am compelled to state things as I find them :wink: and as far as the 'Erection of the Colossus' goes .. I dont really need to spell out that fau pais .. do I?

It seems to crop up occassionally enuff all on its own .. :oops: dammit!
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

dreams...

Post by aliantha »

I used to have a link to a dream interpretation site on the web -- just tried it and it came up with an error -- but maybe they'll fix it, so here it is:

www.avcweb.com/dreams/tutorial.htm

I go through stages -- sometimes I remember dreams for several nights in a row, and then sometimes (like now) I don't remember any.

You can be sure that you're dreaming, even if you don't remember them -- otherwise you'd be psychotic....
Bannor
Giantfriend

FunnY

Post by Bannor »

Hilarious, Skyweir! When I first saw Erection of the Colossus, I thought to myself, "Myself, surely no one is reading that like me; it's just a misread on my part." Nothing wrong with the language, just a little double entendre that most people wouldn't catch: unfortunately, I catch most of them... :(
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

lol Bannor!

Aliantha I have always been strongly impressed by dreams that stay with you .. and .. are well set out .. as opposed to those dreams that are just bizarre and you can only recall small fragments of them ..

The ones that stay with you .. are just like .. 'meant to be remembered' .. for some purpose maybe .. I cant quite figure this one out though .. Will go to that site and see what they have to say. :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Bannor
Giantfriend

Dreams

Post by Bannor »

I hope I am staying with the subject a little:
Didn't Thomas Covenant, when he thought The Land was a dream, think that the dreams were abnormally long for a dream? I've had dreams that might cover a period of hours, but usually a much shorter time. Has anyone ever had a dream that covered weeks and months (in one night)?
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"Two thousand years."
Hearthcoal
Lord

Post by Hearthcoal »

Has anyone ever had a dream that covered weeks and months (in one night)?
Well, sort of, and just last night.

In my dream Seasauce and I were on a road trip with another person. We had been on the road for several days and would be travelling for several more. My dream was a series of disjointed events that happened on that trip. They took place in four or five different settings.

If you translate all that happened into a real road trip it would have covered about a week. But I do not recall dreaming about every single minute of that week.
Hearthcoal
Lord

Post by Hearthcoal »

OK - Sky is going to blush. But I can't leave Vain "in the dark" about this.

We've been teasing Sky (well, mainly me to be honest) since last June about a little slip in syntax that he made when referring to the Colossus. It was an honest slip, made quite innocently. We were all "waxing elephants" over the Ravers/Elohim. The post in question is dated the 25th.

As for your ability to catch double entendre, Bannor, consider it a sign of your refined sense of humor!! :D Nothing to :cry: about!
Bannor
Giantfriend

Thanks

Post by Bannor »

Thanks, Hearthcoal. I think it's part of a curse connected to proofreading my students' work. I really enjoy the letters parents write as well. (John was sick yesterday, please execute him.) As good as I am at finding others' mistakes, I don't see my own very often, and it's quite embarrassing! :oops:
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"Two thousand years."

Return to โ€œThe First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenantโ€