COFFEE TALK

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

wayfriend wrote:
Kaydene wrote:I enjoy a Starbucks Americano once in a while, but I find their drip coffee disgusting. It sits there for so long that it burns and has the flavor of scorched beans. *shudder*.
I'm pretty sure it starts off with that flavor.
^what way said^

I can pretty much only drink the frozen concoctions at Starbucks. Especially now that I have found there is far better brewed coffee in the Seattle area than Starbucks, particularly that brewed at home and prepared with one especially in mind...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well, times have changed.

I need to go in to downtown Seattle tomorrow for blood work. I've lived on the Eastside for seven years now, and I have been to the original Starbucks several times. But I have yet to visit The Roastery. I decided tomorrow is the day!

So, my coffee connoisseurs. Besides playing tourist and gawking at the place, what should I get?

https://www.starbucksreserve.com/en-us/ ... attle/menu
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Menolly wrote:Well, times have changed.

I need to go in to downtown Seattle tomorrow for blood work. I've lived on the Eastside for seven years now, and I have been to the original Starbucks several times. But I have yet to visit The Roastery. I decided tomorrow is the day!

So, my coffee connoisseurs. Besides playing tourist and gawking at the place, what should I get?

https://www.starbucksreserve.com/en-us/ ... attle/menu
Assuming you've not gone already ...

Clover or Syphon or Chemex -- in that order.
  • Clover, because its uncommon exoticality has no at-home analogue.
  • Syphon, because its grandiose theatricality portends equally flavorsome results.
  • Chemex, because this sensible, danish-modern throwback is well worth the (re)acquaintance.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I did go earlier today, and had the Cold Brew Flight, as the hot coffees are a lot of espresso for one person, and I usually drink coffee both sweetened and with cream. If SD and Dam-sel make the trip to the Roastery with me, we may split one of the hot flights between us.

However, I did sit at the Experience Bar, and the couple next to me ordered the 3 coffee Siphon Flight, which was prepared in front of me and I videoed. I posted it on FB. I'll be back in a moment with the link to my FB post.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

If you're on FB, here's my post about my visit to the Seattle Starbucks Roastery today. My settings are on public, so maybe those not on FB can access it as well...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =560391364
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Rigel roasts his own beans. He buys them raw and in bulk. He stinks up the apartment something fierce but he loves it. I prefer Peet's dark French roast and I don't drink hot coffee so I grind it myself and do cold press. I drink it iced with half and half and I love it that way. I bought my friend Monte a cold press and gave him the proportions, roast and grind and he loves it.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com

Return to “The Galley”