TC in the 3rd Chrons

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Akasri wrote:
A Gunslinger wrote:Akasri,

With the Law of Death broken, and Covenant/The White Gold acting as the Arch of time, the door is open for any of the dead to rise.
But,
Spoiler
Didn't Linden repair the Law of Death at the end of WGW with the new Staff of Law? Or is it still broken?
A fair question. I don't recall that occurring, however. Has anyone else broke open the text?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

No - Linden did not heal the Law of Death.
Spoiler
She had time to rid the Land of the Sunbane, to straighten Pitchwife's spine, and to leave a message of hope for Sunder and Hollian. But that was all she could do before being swept back into the void between worlds.

Besides, in one interview (Sep 97?), SRD himself said that anything is possible (with regard to Covenant not showing up in the Last Chrons because he was dead) because the Law of Death had been broken.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Okay guys...both the laws of life and death were broken. Neither one was "healed" or "repaired"...in fact, at the end of WGW, Covenant says this...
"Caer-Caveral made it possible. Hile Troy."
An old longing suffused his tone. "That was the 'necessity* he talked about. Why he had to give his life. It was the only way to open
that particular door. So that Hollian could be brought back. And so that I wouldn't be like the rest of the Dead—unable to act. He broke the Law that would've kept me from opposing Foul. Otherwise I would've been just a spectator.

"And Foul didn't understand. Maybe be was too far gone. Or maybe he just refused to believe it. But he tried to ignore the paradox. The paradox of white gold. And the paradox of himself. He wanted the white gold—the ring. But I'm the white gold too. He couldn't change that by killing me. When
he hit me with my own fire, he did me one thing I couldn't do for myself. He burned the venom away. After that, I was free."
Also, Mr Donaldson himself has said:
SRD, Palace Interview, 1997 wrote:I already have all the ideas for the grand scheme so the second chronicles is ready for the last chronicles. The damage to the law of death is so powerful that there is no real reason for Covenant to remain dead.
There ya go...he'll be back :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Mr. Land
Stonedownor

Post by Mr. Land »

Just a thought, but since Donaldson himself has said that Foul will be manipulating time this time around and since the Law of Death is still broken, what's stopping more than one incarnation of Covenant from being in the Land...a ghost-like one, a past version or some future entity?

Also, since Covenant was <spoiler>stabbed at the beginning of TWL and then sacrificed himself at the end of WGW was his body ever found in the Real World? In the past Covenant always returned after his summoner(s) were killed. Since Foul is still around Covenant remains in the Land?</spoiler>
Something there is in beauty.
Mr. Land
Stonedownor

Post by Mr. Land »

Just a thought, but since Donaldson himself has said that Foul will be manipulating time this time around and since the Law of Death is still broken, what's stopping more than one incarnation of Covenant from being in the Land...a ghost-like one, a past version or some future entity?

Also, since Covenant was
Spoiler
stabbed at the beginning of TWL and then sacrificed himself at the end of WGW was his body ever found in the Real World? In the past Covenant always returned after his summoner(s) were killed. Since Foul is still around Covenant remains in the Land?
Something there is in beauty.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Read the 1st chapter for the prologue for the Runes of the Earth available at the SRD website!!!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”