The Creed-Part II

The place for fiction and poetry....

Moderators: deer of the dawn, Furls Fire

Lament
Woodhelvennin

Post by Lament »

Hauntingly well written dear friend. I felt this part helped solidify the protagonist for the "common man".
"So nice of you to join us, my young Lord Kest." An evil-eyed priest, dressed in a white robe with a black sash, snarled in his ear. "You have just barely escaped the whipping post."
I'm not a fortune 500 CEO so I certainly have barely escaped the whipping post myself many times, as I wager most have.

The story at times reminds me of the plight of the early christians under the lash and persecution of Rome.

My first impression though is how it reminded me of the real world from a theological perspective, if you would call it that. How the prince of darkness rules over this world. Everything current and worldy comes to dust and to evil. The rule that measures and the laws that bind are not the laws of heaven. Safe to say the value systems of heaven and earth are in direct contradiction at least by christian terms imho. To be successful in the world, a great part of it involves money and status, while to draw treasure from Heaven one is called to put away money and worldy things and instead of centering on yourself you center on your fellow man and woman.

So whomever follows the latter must be in the minority, Like Stephen your brother. As you showed us in his writings he, instead of fighting back, let the muggers take his money and harm him. Instead of crying out he told them all they had to do was ask as he took off articles of his clothing. A minority of people who are like him, who follow the laws of heaven and not earth...well minority does not do them justice.

So your protagonist reminds me of these precious few in the earth, in the real world. Where true good is as sparse as drops of blood in the middle of a hailstorm.
Covenant recognized that this was a fact. But he had not expected such an argument from the Giant.
"Foamfollower'" he muttered, climbing out of his bed, "you've been thinking again."
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Lament wrote:So your protagonist reminds me of these precious few in the earth, in the real world. Where true good is as sparse as drops of blood in the middle of a hailstorm.
Wow, this analogy of Krele is the first I've gotten about him. Yes, alot of my brother is in him. And of course the story is of the basic theme..an emmisary of good trying desperately to overcome an overwhelming and seemingly undefeatable evil. As you read on, you'll discover just how willing he is to sacrifice himself for the greater good. And just how "christain" in essence I made him to be.

I'm so glad to have your input, Lament!! Hope you keep reading and LIKE what you read. :D :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image

Return to “The Hall of Gifts”