Babylon 5

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... a811eeb917

So, a reboot is in the works, scripted by JMS.

I'm conflicted about this... On the one hand, the original graphics are dated. On the other hand, the performances still hold up.

Still there were some rough spots in the series, and with JMS's growth (he penned both the movie Changeling and the series Sense8 in the decades since B5) there's great potential to do better than before.

Of course there's also the potential to **** it up...
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

It really all depends upon whether it is a reboot or a continuation at some point in the future when the main cast characters are either dead or retired due to age. An actual reboot--retelling the original storyline--could be really good, giving JMS the chance to "correct" things he wished he had done originally using ideas that come only with age and hindsight or it could be really bad.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:It really all depends upon whether it is a reboot or a continuation at some point in the future when the main cast characters are either dead or retired due to age. An actual reboot--retelling the original storyline--could be really good, giving JMS the chance to "correct" things he wished he had done originally using ideas that come only with age and hindsight or it could be really bad.
It needs to be laid to rest.

As flawed as the series is, the overall arc is still brilliant, and the recent remastering helped the visuals considerably. As much as I'd love to see the surviving cast carry on with new stories, the reality is that the actors are all old has-beens, and JMS isn't going to create lightning in a bottle again.

Return to “TV Shows”