Online Tabletop Gaming? D&D Style of Thing.

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Online Tabletop Gaming? D&D Style of Thing.

Post by peter »

I notice that at the bottom of the forum index page, there is a thing called GM's Dungeon.

I used to see activity on this site in years gone by, but didn't involve myself in it because I assumed it was a kind of role playing game forum, and while I liked fantasy novels etc, I wasn't really into RPG (although I'd had friends very into D&D at the time that it was first introduced).

But now, I suddenly have a hankering to get into some RPG stuff, and a preliminary look on YouTube has whetted my appetite.

In truth, I'm not a very social type of person and the idea of walking into a club of people, sitting down and taking up a role in an existing game, though appealing to me, is not really who I am. I'd be much more minded to join an internet based gaming club (or whatever they are) and maybe learn the ropes of tabletop gaming that way.

Does anyone know of any ongoing games or sites where such activities are available?

Or maybe we could go down into GM's Dungeon and get one going?

Any thoughts?
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

If they see this, I imagine Fist and murrin may be interested. murrin may even wish to try running again. But, I shouldn't speak for them.

I'll be lurking with interest.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'd be all over a new game to play. I wouldn't run one, though.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Got a feeling that Murrin tried to put one together a while ago with limited success, but at that point I hadn't really developed an interest so didn't actually follow it up in any way.

Perhaps he uses a different site for 'tabletop' gaming (or indeed physically attends one in preference).

I don't actually understand the rules of this type of gaming except in the loosest sense, but I like the idea of using ones mind as the map, the screen, the universe in which one plays.

The only limits are the limits of your own imagination - or more correctly perhaps, yours and the gamesmaster.

:)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “General Discussion Forum”