My Book

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

[Syl]
Unfettered One

My Book

Post by [Syl] »

So yeah, the last few years have been weird. I ended up doing a huge dive into astronomy and physics. Trying to work things out for myself, I think I discovered something. I'd try to be humble about it, but the closest I can get is saying it probably sounds insane.

Here's the book, The Infinity of Scale, but I'll put up the whole thing (the theory/hypothesis is about 14 pages. The rest of it is me just padding it with a lot of probably unfounded thanks and acknowledgments) in the Writer's Hall if anyone wants to read it.

The writing and editing needs a lot of improvement, but since I felt like I was going insane and just had to publish it and worry about the rest later (very well. I contradict myself).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

My Book

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, based on the first couple pages, I can't say I'll get through it. We'll see what happens.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Immanentizing The Eschaton

My Book

Post by Avatar »

LOL, crazy. I can't make heads or tails of it. Also, I thought you'd posted it in the hall, so I worried I was going mad when I couldn't find it or my comment about it. :D Congrats. :D

--A
[Syl]
Unfettered One

My Book

Post by [Syl] »

Sorry, I just pasted the docx file to the page and hit submit. And it should be free for anyone with KU, so if people wanted to give me some free page reads...

I guess I need to expand it out? I thought each sentence clearly followed the next. I know it's weird, but it should also make sense. The underlying premise is pretty straightforward, though. As part of the universal causal framework, space (or what we call "spacetime") needs to be considered in our calculations beyond a simple coordinate system. It should have density just like a magnetic field, so in places where there's lots of gravity, there should also be lots of space. By that logic, the center of galaxies should have very dense space (and time). It should appear like stars move much slower than those on the outside of the disc. No dark matter required. (there's a bit in there about correcting the rotation curves by using values of both c and g that comport with the galaxy's size)

But on the other side of that, you can't get something for nothing. If spacetime is something real, just like matter is, it has to be conserved. And if the density of space increases in one region of the causal framework (universe), it must deplete elsewhere, get stretched thin. Very massive, non-local objects would appear to increase in distance, and that distance would increase the farther away it is. Dark energy is revealed in this light as less galaxies moving away and more us moving deeper into our own local gravitational valleys.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

My Book

Post by Avatar »

Haha, I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, Just that my brain kept going "wait...what?" when I tried to read it. :D I shall give it a better shot when I feel able to cope with complex thought again. ;)

--A

Return to “The Loresraat”