Elohimfest 2004-Albuquerque, New Mexico

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Ninquelote
Ramen

Post by Ninquelote »

Ooh, I so envy you. Gah!
My God, it's full of stars!
-Dave Bowman
W.B.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by W.B. »

Yep, sounds like "fest" is about the same in Europe as in the States...a big party organized around a theme...like SRD/TCTC. :) Though it doesn't necessarily have to be once a year, but often it is.
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Stephen R. Donaldson Ate My Dictionary
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Sigh... :( Well, everyone, I am officially cancelling Elohimfest for me. Zia is still doing poorly and now baby Stephen is showing signs of RSV.

I will miss all of you at the party. Have a great time and a tankard of diamonddrought on me!! :D Have Mr Donaldson sign something for me, okay?? Anything will do, even a napkin..LOL!!! :lol:

I'm sorry to have to cancel like this, I was really looking forward to meeting all of my friends here!! Have a great time! :D :D

Peace :hearts:

Oh, don't forget Fist at the airport Friday... :P
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

As if we could forget Fist! :lol: :lol:

I am very sorry that the children are sick. :cry: :cry: But the children definately take priority, and I would do the same were they mine. :cry: :cry:

You will be greatly missed, Furls. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can you please send some of Stephen C and Shadow's words to Danlo so we can still have a memory sevice for them on Sunday?
Love as thou wilt.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Damm! But the kids are 1st priority! I'll have him sign my copy of Gilden-Fire and I'll send it to you. PM me your address, we'll try to say hi to you on the video (if possible).
fall far and well Pilots!
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

so sorry to hear that :cry: :cry: . You will be sorely missed!
The King has one more move.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Thanks for the offer, danlo!! :D John has graciously offered to have a copy of Gilden Fire signed for me. :D

You all have a wonderful time!! I'll miss you all too and will be thinking about you next weekend as you party hardy with the man himself!! :D :D And hey, I didn't make this one, but there's always next year! :D

Don't let Fist forget to ask him about Kevin!! And, as far as saying hello to me on the tape??? LOL!! I'm sure I'll be the LAST person on anyone's mind once SRD enters the room. :lol:

I'll try to get some things typed up from Stephen and Isaiah with in the next couple of days and PM them to danlo. :D If I can't, you can always pull something I've already posted from the thread. And Isaiah made some wonderful posts too. :D :D

Have fun everyone!! God bless!!!

Peace,
Tracie :hearts:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Hi everyone! I'm not going... though I must say I envy those that are! (Except Danlo... I'll never envy him ;) ) lols. I kid with you danlo |G

heh. Have a great time people! :D And don't mock me...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

mock! :P
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Darth, you are so......... mockable (hey if SRD can make up words, so can I!!! ;) )

JK Darth. I too am envious & sad to not be able to make the trip and doubly so now that Furls' autograph will not be gracing my Gilden-Fire :(

Have fun you all & Fist, try to go easy on the man, ok? He may end up using his aptly described lesser strength/more experience skills on you!!!! LOL!

Earthy
"You're afraid of yourself."
Cate
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cate »

Oh Wow. It sounds like You have planned such a great weekend, Danlo. If only I'd come to the Watch sooner and been able to plan ahead......
You bet I will try hard to make it to next year's fest.
Everyone here already seems like old friends, and I am very glad to have met all of you.
I am sad for you, Furls, because you deserve to go. I will say some prayers for you and the kids, and if it should turn out that you can make it after all, I will be happy for you. **praying now...**
Safe trips all of you, and be blessed.
Cate
"let the storm of thought spend itself. Presently you will arrive upon a calm sea."......Walter Lanyon
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I'm packing for the trip now. It's the last day I have off of work before I leave...its so strange to have this so close now, after spending so long planning for it. 8O :) 8)
Love as thou wilt.

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

:o So soon! Have a great time, all of you. Furls...you're not the only one aiming for next year's fest :)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Damelon (who lives in Illinois) and I and my family (who live in Michigan) will all be driving. We had planned to meet in St. Louis on Wednesday night, catch the professional baseball game, and drive together in a convoy out to Albuquerque from there.

Apparently the baseball game is expected to be a good one. ESPN has decided to make it the game of the week and televise it live. Therefore, if you watch the game, look for the two people wearing Elohimfest baseball caps in the crowd. I will be the one with the longer hair. :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

According to Damelon they're going to be in the left field bleachers 8)
Cate
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cate »

Wow! I moved from St. Louis three years ago. Shoulda stayed. I coulda been in that convoy. *sob*
"let the storm of thought spend itself. Presently you will arrive upon a calm sea."......Walter Lanyon
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Oops I'm late.... :oops: ;)

Problem solved, folks. :D :D We won't be staying at the Barcelona Court with the rest of you guys, but I found a great deal online at a Travelodge less than 2 miles away, and made the reservations last night. :D

Furls, you're breaking my heart!! :cry: :cry: I'll miss you sooo much! :( But the babies need you a lot more than we do, I guess....take good care of them, and give them a snuggle from me. :hearts: |G
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

*WHEW* b&b, the way things have been going, I was afraid to read your post!! SOOOOO glad it was good news!!! :D :D

And I'll post something about Fire as soon as I stop crying. :( :( :(
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:roll: I know! Lately, everytime I see a new post in this thread my heart skips a beat! :faint:
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Birdy, it doesn't matter which hotel you stay in, as long as you are there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :D
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”