I really needed this!!! LOL!!!!

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Furls Fire
Lord

I really needed this!!! LOL!!!!

Post by Furls Fire »

this person from the GI wrote:Christian Moller: Dear Sir:

I read both Thomas Covenant Chronicles many years ago, and recently re-read them. Since I had an interest in the books, I thought I'd look on the internet and see if anyone else had posted anything about them.

I was surprised to come across your so-called "official" web site, and disheartened to learn that you were masquerading as Mr. Donaldson. I have copies of the books that contain a picture of Mr. Donaldson on the book jacket, and the picture of old fellow on the home page who is supposed to be the author doesn't match. I wish I could paste the picture from the book jacket with this email to show you what Mr. Donaldson really looks like, but unfortunately the constraints of email won't allow me to. Sufficient to say, Mr. Donaldson is a young looking fellow, with long dark hair, very literary looking, wearing glasses. From this picture I gather he seems to be a nice guy, since he's got a Siamese cat sitting on his shoulder. The picture of the man on your website you've posted claiming to be that of the author is a gray-haired and eldery man, and to my mind rather disreputable looking. Not a cat lover at all.

If I were you, I would remove all claims to being the author from your web site. I don't know whether Mr. Donaldson is a litigious sort of person, but if he should find out that an old fellow such as yourself is claiming to be him, he might not take it too well, and a lawsuit might result.

Other than your false claims of celebrity, I found your website interesting, and actually enjoyed some of the insights into the books. Being a fan and making a decent web site should be enough, without claiming to be something you're not. I know that sometimes people get caught up and want to immerse themselves in a beloved topic such as in this case, but as I said, if Mr. Donaldson finds out that you are claiming authorship of his books, and I imagine he will eventually, you may be in for some serious consequences at his hands.

Sincerely,

Christian Moller

SRD in response wrote:Well, you caught me. I am in fact *not* "Stephen R. Donaldson." I'm an actor hired by Mr Donaldson to impersonate him because he, well, doesn't think he looks like a writer. So you'll be glad to hear that the real "Stephen R. Donaldson" still looks *exactly* the way he did back in 1876 when the photo you mention was taken. Admittedly, the cat on his shoulder is starting to look a bit ratty--but otherwise, no change at all.

I'm sure you'll also be glad to hear that since I was hired for this gig by the real "Stephen R. Donaldson," I'm in no danger whatsoever of being sued for my impersonation. And I should know. At my age, I'm very aware of the difference between being sued and not being sued.

If you still doubt that my impersonation is authorized, I suggest that you contact my publishers. They'll set you straight.

(07/08/2004)
:LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha:

I needed THAT laff!!!! :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha:

Maybe the publishers need to use an updated pic or something...

Nah... :LOLS: :haha: :LOLS: :haha:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

Hahaha, now wow that is just freaking hillirious, how can someone be that clueless. Ah well, to each their own. Cheers.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
kaseryn
Bloodguard in Disguise

Post by kaseryn »

Hillarious wasnt it. Great that he put it up for all of us to see lol
Believer
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Believer »

I dunno, when I was reading it I was hoping it was a joke. I'm not sure though. ?

:)
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

LOL, that's great!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The Watch slavers in anticipation of getting their hands on one Christian Moller. :twisted: (...but since this is a "fake" official discussion board he'll never come here...obtw Chris: "Disco's" dead... :P )
fall far and well Pilots!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

ROFLMAO! Brilliant! Thanks Furls!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Hahahahahahha...

that was quite amusing.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

DARNIT!!!! I just posted this in gen diss.......

-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Christian Moller wrote:Sufficient to say, Mr. Donaldson is a young looking fellow, with long dark hair, very literary looking, wearing glasses. From this picture I gather he seems to be a nice guy, since he's got a Siamese cat sitting on his shoulder. The picture of the man on your website you've posted claiming to be that of the author is a gray-haired and eldery man, and to my mind rather disreputable looking. Not a cat lover at all.
After reading that particular passage, I somehow think the person who sent that in was joking to begin with, but still . . . :haha: :lol:
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

FANTASTIC!!!
I couldn't stop laughing!

*gasp... need air...*cough cough*
My wife thinks that I'm loosing it about now.

(Even the Ranyhyn are rolling on the ground snorting). :D
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm gonna assume it's real. And it doesn't get any better than that!! :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

The cat is what cracked me up the most... :haha:
And I believe in you
I will remember you

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

FUNNY stuff, Furls! Thanks! :lol:

Mr. Moller must be playing a prank. Like Fiz said, surely no one can be THAT clueless.

SRD is "...rather disreputable looking"???!!! :haha:
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

and elderly!!! :LOLS:
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

:LOLS: :LOLS: :LOLS:

I love the idea of SRD writing that himself for fun, but must sacrifice the notion, since there is no evidence for it.

Five straight minutes of laughing out loud. Not bad. :LOLS:
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Poor Stevie, I nearly shook him unconcious when I read it the first time, I was laffing so hard... :haha:
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
avial
Stonedownor

It's true!!!

Post by avial »

Confirmation at last!!!!!!

Our American cousins really don't get irony!!!!

Nurse! The screens!!!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The bit about the cat and disreputability made me think it has to be a joke... On the other hand, I have enough experience of the human race to know there are people confused enough to actually do this. So I have no idea whether it's real or not, but either way it's hilarious. And SRD's answer is great 8)
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

CovenantJr wrote:The bit about the cat and disreputability made me think it has to be a joke... On the other hand, I have enough experience of the human race to know there are people confused enough to actually do this. So I have no idea whether it's real or not, but either way it's hilarious. And SRD's answer is great 8)
Same.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”