The Grenade
10%
Rimmer
12%

Total votes: 42

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

that is a great film...3 seconds, no more no less. you shall not count to 4, nor shall you count to 2.......................
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

And what is this I hear!?! A Broadway musical on Monty Python and the holy Grail??? Ok. for the second time this year I feel tempted to sell everything I own and go to the US...

From CNNs webpage:
""Spamalot," to be directed by Oscar and Tony Award winner Mike Nichols, is billed as "the musical lovingly ripped off from the motion picture, 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail,"' the 1975 comedy directed by Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones.

It tells the tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and their quest for the Holy Grail. A chorus line of dancing divas and knights, flatulent Frenchmen, killer rabbits and one legless knight are featured.

Pierce, who was Dr. Niles Crane in the long-running U.S. sitcom "Frasier," will play Sir Robin. Curry, known for his star turn in the cult film, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," will play King Arthur. Azaria, best known as the voice of Moe the bartender on the animated series "The Simpsons," will portray Sir Lancelot.

The corresponding film roles were performed by Eric Idle, Graham Chapman and John Cleese of the British comedy troupe.

Idle wrote the book for the new musical and collaborated on the music and lyrics with John Du Prez, whose film scores include the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" series and the hit, "A Fish Called Wanda."

The show is scheduled to have a world premiere engagement in Chicago, Illinois, from December 21, 2004, to January 16, 2005, before beginning Broadway previews on February 7."
SLATFATF...
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

Are they actually still making series of Red Dwarf then? I thought it finished like 5 years ago. If so where do they show it, Channel 5? (no mockery intended, honest guv'nor). I liked Red Dwarf, but thought that it petered out somewhat (except it clearly didn't if it's still on). Also Craig Charles is one of the most annoying people in the whole of Europe. He is on my -hitlist! (top ten)
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

They are theoretically still making Red Dwarfs, but it's been a while since the last series aired. There is allegedly a film in the pipeline, according to an interview with Chris Barrie I read somewhere.
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

oooo, is CB in it then i take it? What of CC-gods help us!
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I don't have any confirmation of CC's prescence, but he must be there somewhere. Yes, CB is in it - he was concerned about playing an ageless hologram in his late twenties, when he's rapidly gambolling through middle age.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

edinburghemma wrote: I liked Red Dwarf, but thought that it petered out somewhat (except it clearly didn't if it's still on). Also Craig Charles is one of the most annoying people in the whole of Europe. He is on my -hitlist! (top ten)
Agreed. Well said.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”