Who are you??? Who, Who

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Birinair
Servant of the Land

Post by Birinair »

New to the site too!

I am a lawyer (no, I know all the jokes :lol: ). I am learning how to use the "web" having only recently graduated from word processing, general typing skills, and having overcome my unerring ability to make the thing crash on at least a daily basis. 8O

I now find this amazing thing; I can communicate with people all over the world who have the same interests as me! But it seems they are all as ordinary as me, when I had thought that they would be these computer gods living in cyberspace. 8)

I think I'm Going to like it here. :D

Oh by the way, why Birinair? Because I would like to think that I could bring a little light into dark places. :roll:
The first time I stood on top of Revelwood and looked over the valley where the Rill and Llurallin rivers come together
Ere oo's that toff, eave arf a brick at him
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Welcome, Myrrha and Birinair!! Be welcome and true! You're just in time for the Illearth War group read and dissection, due to start very soon (not sure exactly when :oops:.) You'll find it in the "Dissecting the Land" Forum.
Hope to see y'all there. Have fun!
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Hello there. My name is Veronica, late thirties, Capricorn, Chinese year of the Dragon. I`ve been teaching for 20 years - early childhood. My husband Paul and I will celebrate our 16th anniversary on 2nd May. We have no children, not that we haven`t tried, but I have one male cat Sebastian and one female dog Sasha, both are treated like humans (yes I`m one of those people that treat their pets like children).

I live in Ipswich which is 1/2hour west of Brisbane in Australia. My passion is reading fantasy fiction especially Donaldson, Tolkien, Eddings and Julian May. I also adore Anne Rice`s Vampire Chronicles and Adventures of the Mayfair Witches.

I am deeply interested in astronomy, archaeology and I am determined to learn another language - just haven`t decided which one yet. I love cooking, wood working, landscaping, and cross stitching. I also enjoy bushwalking, travelling ( not that I`ve done much), walking along the beach, camping under the stars and dancing (the old fashioned way).

My two greatest desires are to (A) discover a new comet - preferably one that will not collide with the earth and (B) to participate in a archaeological dig or to discover a new species of dinosaur.

I am absolutely delighted to have found this site as I thought I was all alone in my "obsession" with The Land. When we bought our dream home I had a name plaque made. We called it "Andelaine" in honour of my favourite place in The Land, Andelain.

I look forward to dissecting The Illearth War with great anticipation - must try to find my copy of Gildenfire.
Last edited by Infelice on Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

Hi Veronica! Welcome and well met!

For the record, I hope your dreams come true--they are both cool beyond words! Both seem perfectly feasible as well, requiring only a little bit of luck (well, on top of the actual work, but you know what I mean). And were you aware that "The Witching Hour" is being made into a mini-series for Showtime Cable here in the US?

And I've always treated my pets like children as well. *sniff* Can't help it.
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Welcome Myrrha, Birinair, and Infelice. |G

Don't let lack of computer skills stop you from joining in on the board. I would say that the majority of us barely know how to turn it on. :) We let Vain handle the details. |V

It's good to see fresh faces to add a new perspective to things.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Hello everyone. About time I introduced myself, and this seems like the perfect place to do it.
My name is Alan, I'm 17, and I live in the north-east of England. I'm currently studying for a few A-Levels at the local sixth-form college, and then I'll be off to university (hopefully). I'm interested in science and technology, and almost everything else I could be interested in (which is why I'm finding it so hard to decide on university courses). I like to read a lot, especially fantasy and sci-fi, and apart from the stuff above the rest of my life is pretty boring.
Birinair
Servant of the Land

Post by Birinair »

Oh dear :oops: I got so carried away with myself I forgot to say I am Wayne, 42, erudite, eclectic, too clever by half, with a penchant for overstatement, ( by the way It's really easy to be bigheaded when no-one can see you blush)
Ere oo's that toff, eave arf a brick at him
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Cleverly put! :lol:
The King has one more move.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Damelon wrote:Welcome Myrrha, Birinair, and Infelice. |G

Don't let lack of computer skills stop you from joining in on the board. I would say that the majority of us barely know how to turn it on. :) We let Vain handle the details. |V

It's good to see fresh faces to add a new perspective to things.
I barely know how the stuff works either ;)

New faces are cool.....now if only we could get more of 'em to stay longer :)
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Yeah Vain - we can tell by the way this board looks & works - you barely know how this computer stuff works... *says earthy in the most sarcastic voice he can muster*

My name is Ed, 40ish, live near Buffalo, NY - Queen City of the Great Lakes! (100 years ago - now a dying relic of what used to be....).
I am a project manager/estimator in construction.
I like music, reading & watching fantasy/sci-fi, sports (not playing anymore), and computers. My joy is my 4 year old son, who was a miracle baby after 6 years of 'trying'. I love to cook & would open a restaurant, but I would have to work on weekends & holidays, so that probly won't happen (hehe). Someday I'm gonna write a book.
I am so happy I found this board to discuss my fav books & have discourse with those of like thought!
"You're afraid of yourself."
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

I've only met a few of you. My name is Taiga Tzu. I am a Forestal. (Remember, it's not polite to ask a lady her age!) I was the Forestal of Grimmerdhore (Oh my heart!), and I died there during the Ritual of Desecration. (I can only guess, based on what I've learned recently, how it is that I live again.) I am currently living in Andelain, but things are so very different from how they were in your Kevin's time that I can't yet say where I will take up full-time residence.

I hope we can work together to make human/Forestal relations now better than they were the last time I was alive.
One wide forest of sentience and passion filled all the region - one mind and heart alive in every leaf and bough of every tree among the many myriad throngs and glory of the woods.Image
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Taiga, if Andelain doesn't suit your needs then I have plenty of room on Elemesnedene. You can come a set up a cosy little place there amongst the untouched virgin forests. Think about it at least :)
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

Infelice, your offer brings a tear of gratitude to my eyes!! I wood love to visit your trees! I am certain they wood restore any being to herself.

But I do not think I could live there permanently. A part of my creation is protection of the trees, and I doubt your trees need any protection beyond the Elohim. :)
Last edited by Taiga Tzu on Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
One wide forest of sentience and passion filled all the region - one mind and heart alive in every leaf and bough of every tree among the many myriad throngs and glory of the woods.Image
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Think of it as a getaway...some where to visit to restore waning forestal powers . :)
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

Thank you very much!! I will most certainly take you up on your kind offer! :D
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

And I offer speedy passage across the sunbirth sea.
'Tis a loooong swim from the Land to Elemesnedene. :)
Even Nom had to take a breather at coercri before his run to Revelstone.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

If a sandgorgon breathes in the desert and no-one is around to hear it, does it still make a storm?
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Well, seeing as how it's true-confessions time...

I'm Nick, :wave: and i'm 33 on october the 31st, all hallows eve.

I live in Mornington, Victoria, Australia, which is about an hours drive from Melbourne.

Ive been a gardener, a truckie, a night-club manager, a bar-tender, a council worker, and a beach-bum in no particular order!

I went to Uni in '89, where i did an Arts degree (majoring in drinking and wenching!) and now im back at Uni again, studying to be a teacher. I was the kind of kid that teachers either love or hate when i was at school, so my family thinks it ironic that im going to see what it's like from the other side of the fence...

I love Nature, empty horizons, the Chronicles, and Next Gen to name but a few. (Picard gives hope to bald men everywhere...oh damn (sighs!); i wasn't going to let that out of the bag!)

I hate pollution, politicians, and human beings' inexhaustable appetite for destruction.

And i'm having the greatest time here at the Watch. You guys are all fantastic, genuine people and i hope to spend many nights getting to know you and exploring our mutual love of Donaldsons work!

Aww, now i feel all soft and mushy inside...c'mon guys - group hug!!! :lol:
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;
participants in the Power that remains.
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

Dromond wrote:And I offer speedy passage across the sunbirth sea.
'Tis a loooong swim from the Land to Elemesnedene. :)
Even Nom had to take a breather at coercri before his run to Revelstone.
Why thank you!! How very kind of you! :)
But, hmm, I wonder how a Forestal would fare on the open sea. That's about as cut off from the trees as I could get.
Earthfriend wrote:I hate pollution,
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I'm afraid this "server" that Fist and Faith told me about (Honestly, so very much has changed since I last lived!) would "crash"(?) if I put as many angry faces there as my feelings about pollution warrant.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Earthfriend wrote: I live in Mornington, Victoria, Australia, which is about an hours drive from Melbourne.

I went to Uni in '89, where i did an Arts degree (majoring in drinking and wenching!) and now im back at Uni again, studying to be a teacher. I was the kind of kid that teachers either love or hate when i was at school, so my family thinks it ironic that im going to see what it's like from the other side of the fence...
The Aussie contingent is growing....Hello there Earthfriend from a fellow Aussie teacher.

Mornington is a nice place to live though its been ten years since I was there last.

With regards to the teaching career......just remember, the stunts you used to play on the teachers when you were a kid at school are like cotton candy compared to what kids get up to these days. Be afraid ....be very afraid ;)

Gee..we'll soon have enough watchers here in OZ to have our own Elohimfest :)

Taiga, just give us a yell when you get to within a day's journey of Elemesnedene, so I can get the guest cottage ready :)
Last edited by Infelice on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”