Worm of Despite
Lord

Crackpot Theories and YOU

Post by Worm of Despite »

EXPECTED ENDS OF THE WORLD

Arrival of Hindu's avatar of Krishna in 2003

The End of the Mayan Calendar after Dec. 21, 2012

Planetary Alignment Sept. 8, 2040
Will there be an Earth left to have earthquakes?

The End of the Muslim Calendar, 2076

The end of the Jewish Calendar, 2240

"Oh!! OH!! Mommy, can I have the 2240 end of the world? That one's the prettiest--see how it wags its tail?!"

Yeah, it's all rubbish--unless . . . 8O Maybe it's all true?!! Either way--truth or not--I've always found this kind of stuff very fun! Anybody else find some apocalyptic hullabaloo like the above? Post it all here! I was gonna post the "Bible Codes", but might as well leave that to somebody else. Stupid ancients--they think our century is really gonna suck! Red dragon or not, we’ll teach them! At least on November 2012 we'll have a bunch of massholes coming on Fox News screaming "it's the end of the world!”
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I find this stuff quite interesting - did a quick search and found this link to a page about the end of the world - www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrld.htm - there it has a lot of the theories, and dates, and religious beliefs about the end.

According to one prediction, 'The Rapture' only has two more days to occur in (he predicted it would be between 10th Oct 99 and 22 Apr 03).
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Is "The Prophet" it speaks of Nostradamus?

This one is most inteserting (from the web site you linked):
About 30 CE: The Christian Scriptures (New Testament), when interpreted literally, appear to record many predictions by Jeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ) that God's Kingdom would arrive within a very short period, or was actually in the process of arriving. For example, Jesus is recorded as saying in Matthew 16:28: "...there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: "...This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Since the life expectancy in those days was little over 30 years, Jesus appears to have predicted his second coming sometime during the 1st century CE. It didn't happen.
These two, as well, were mighty interesting:
1000-JAN-1: Many Christians in Europe had predicted the end of the world on this date. As the date approached, Christian armies waged war against some of the Pagan countries in Northern Europe. The motivation was to convert them all to Christianity, by force if necessary, before Christ returned in the year 1000. Meanwhile, some Christians had given their possessions to the Church in anticipation of the end. Fortunately, the level of education was so low that many citizens were unaware of the year. They did not know enough to be afraid. Otherwise, the panic might have been far worse than it was. Unfortunately, when Jesus did not appear, the church did not return the gifts. Serious criticism of the Church followed. The Church reacted by exterminating some heretics.
1669: The Old Believers in Russia believed that the end of the world would occur in this year. 20 thousand burned themselves to death from 1669 to 1690 to protect themselves from the Antichrist.
I thought it was funny when one group's prediction for 1914 came and went, so they changed it to say that 1914 was the year that Jesus invisibly began his rule.

And this is hilarious! ---> www.isitso.org/guide/whise.html
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hm... very interesting. When is it gonna end though?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well, as for that 1000 AD one... it proves that some of the stuff on the website isn't true - the BC/AD calendar wasn't started until later than that...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I always like the Shadowrun books and RPG game (cyberpunk and fantasy. what's not to love?). Went off the theory of the world ending (or an age ending) according to the Mayan calendar.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Wow, that religious intolerance site is really cool.

Pie and Cake
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

There's always someone predicting the end of the world! When I was in college one of the guys on the floor was convinced the sign of the end of the world was that the E.U. had 13 members at the time. A sign of the apocalypse. I told him what was he going to look for when the E.U. went to 15 the next year.
dukkha
Ramen

Post by dukkha »

Damelon wrote:There's always someone predicting the end of the world! When I was in college one of the guys on the floor was convinced the sign of the end of the world was that the E.U. had 13 members at the time. A sign of the apocalypse. I told him what was he going to look for when the E.U. went to 15 the next year.
This is straight out of Nostradamus....although he didn't know there was going to be an E.U., obviously.

I think the world will end at the end of the Third Chronicles!
Loredoctor
Lord

Re: Crackpot Theories and YOU

Post by Loredoctor »

Lord Foul wrote:EXPECTED ENDS OF THE WORLD

The End of the Mayan Calendar after Dec. 21, 2012
I should state that the end of the Mayan Calander does not mean the end of the world. It signified the start of a new age (I think the 3rd age).
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

My theory. The Internet is the beast of Revelation, the image of man. Think about it, it is the collective database of humanity.

The Anti-Christ uses the beast, I.E. makes you get a chip implant to use the internet to its fullest potential, buy & sell, etc. etc.

We've started with paper money. It has serial numbers. Then we had credit cards, one number per person. Social Security #s. UPC barcodes which represent numbers on the things we buy. The obvious eventual outcome is to assign numbers to our finger prints or our Irises, or to implant microchips into our bodies like they do to track pets. Now the government can track you on GPS. Now there are no anonymous psuedonyms on the net. Hardly anyone gets robbed anymore because transactions are all connected to the global trade commission and no one touches paper money, checks, or credit cards: the money is in us.

But the problem with such a "wonderful solution" is that it isn't just a number we're receiving, it is the mark of the beast.

The end of the world happens as it is stated in the Bible & hardly anyone notices it because know one is listening to the Christians anymore. The huge majority of people find Christianity to be like believing in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. So no one is looking at the Bible for the answers when immense 11pt earthquakes happen or a solar flare of unprecedented scale gives people 3rd degree burns and makes night aurora as bright as noon day. No one thinks of the end of the world because they can't fathom the possibility of the end of humanity & therefore it can't happen and all these terrible things are just coincidence and plain old calamity. When pain insects come and people are suffering from their stings for 6 months at a time, it will be a scientific blunder like the killer bees. When the moon turns to blood, redder than any other moon ever seen, no one will think of the end of the world, they'll just be taking pictures. When Israel is condemned by the world & attacked, and China sends a million man army to march against her, no one will stand up for Israel then & no one will think she has a chance in hell.

In short, the end is coming partly because we're outsmarting ourselves. We're already suspectible to things like computer viruses, hacking, identity theft, large-scale blackouts, and great tugs on the economy from terrorism. The world political balance is on the edge of a knife, tipping the scales at nations in a single day's violence. If something like a nuclear bomb were to explode in London, it may be that a man might suddenly come to power to unite the world under one banner for the first time. It really isn't as far fetched as what people might think.

And the internet was practically idle for 20 years, then there were BBSs, and suddenly there was WWW & the world changed in a (by comparison) instant. Now there is video feed and fiber-optic cables traversing oceans! The entire world is one country in cyberspace, it isn't such a huge jump to see that a political event like a 10 megaton bomb killing millions of people would bring the world community together & it really isn't such a jump to think that something like that could happen.

I don't think that the end is nigh like so many of my Christian brothers, but I don't see it as lasting until we have warp drive or anything like that. It isn't too long before we make the first cloned human. I believe such a person is born without a soul. I believe that this man will be the anti-Christ. By Moore's law, the computers we have in 2020 will be 1,000 times more powerful. Think of the computer you had in 1990. In 2020, you'll have terrabytes of storage, Terrabyte Ram sticks, video cards with 1,000 gigs of memory. What are we going to do with all that power? What about 2050 when we have personal computers that would equal all of the computers on earth right now all combined together? What are we going to do when we have gene-cleaning systems? Nanobytes that run through our bodies curing everything from pimples to cancer, mending bone breaks on the spot, and enhancing our vision to look at Saturn in the night sky so we can see the rings? What are we going to do when like the UK there are hundreds of thousands of survellience cameras in your city to watch you? What are we going to do when there is so much technology that a police officer can look through his bio-vision, take the call from the survellience department, and call the criminal through the wireless world network by just speaking to him even though he's a thousand miles away? So if you even *know* that the end is nigh, what can you possibly do to stop it? If Satan puts his child into power and you know it is the anti-Christ, there is nothing you can do, nowhere to hide. The end is inevitable. It's our souls that will answer the call of dignity lost.
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

You posted this in the right thread, anyway. :P

Post by Guest »

Zeph, what a truly amazing post! You left me breathless. As a Christian, I see the signs of the "One World Government" and the coming of the Anti-Christ everywhere. I read the way the Earth is changing by the weather patterns and the Earthquakes (Iran just had a horrible one last week). No paper money, the world being united by the magic of the internet. Terrorism being plotted thru the WWW... The signs are everywhere. I believe we are living in the last days. How many there are left, I can't say. Maybe we have been living in them since the first World War. Maybe we will have passed on before the Second Coming, but I believe the world won't make it to the year 3000, maybe not even until the year 2500. All of this is in Revelations, it's a matter of intrepratation, but it's there.

Amazing post, Zeph. :D
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

oh crud! That "guest" was me... grrr :x

*wanders off muttering about those dang cookies again*
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ. By 2012 he will be in every home in America. Even the Amish will be somehow forced to use Microsoft for something I'm sure. He is already the wealthiest man in the world. And we all kmow money is the root of all evil, i.e. he must be the root of all evil.
Yes I guess we can all just get along !

Smurfy, simply Smurfy !!!

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

LOL. I thought you liked math, TRC. Isn't there the tiniest flaw in that syllogism?
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Lets see 1 marketing mastermind *[$42,599,500,240 (BG's Net Worth) / 6,396,321,358 (World's Population)] =

Anyone want to take a wild guess at this ??????

That's Right !!!!!!

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

i don't know about you but the Math ,<which is so far the only UNIVERSAL language we know of> kinda says it all.

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Woops, there was a baby born since that last population count. :D
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

and Guess what His coffers grow exponentially with each "child" or "servant spawn" as he likes to call them.

Brawww Ha HA HA..

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM

Return to “General Discussion Forum”