Okay, so you find yourself in the Land ...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

danlo
Lord

Don't worry Brinn...

Post by danlo »

It was time 4 a change anyway--and like caamora said it's "Lord's blue"--u're welcome 2 my old avatar. Lords age but Haruchai don't age as fast...that avatar does remind me of Brinn and I really like my new 1. Check Vain's Bloodguard avatar, animated, in Avatar thread in Current Affairs forum-it's really cool. Other than that I'll look around...
Last edited by danlo on Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Caoimhin

re

Post by Caoimhin »

What a question. If I could I'd be in the land in the time of the old Lords and study to become one! Try my best to stop foul beating Kevin,ect.
If I was in the time after Foul was defeated in TPTP I'd work on finding all the wards(probably as an unfettered one,those silly new Lords gave up after the Third Ward! Though Mhoram is ultimate of course.)
If it was a post-sunbane Land,I'd hang out in Andelain and talk to my Grandparants(convienient?). Then I'd go off to the Haruchi.
Nerdanel
Bloodguard

Post by Nerdanel »

I've always liked white gold jewelry, even long before I had heard of Donaldson, so there wouldn't be much of a chance of me getting to the Land without it. (I fully admit being like Joan in this respect.) My white gold ring would be one thing, but I really wonder what the Lords would make of my white gold necklace!

Anyway, I guess I'd like to study to become a Lord.
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Always been facinated w/Boodguard/Haruchai....
probly go visit them first & then to Andelain & Revelstone...

Interesting thought - I always say 'I'm going to the land' when I pick up the book to read - so....I guess I've already been there 8O
"You're afraid of yourself."
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

If it were in the time of the Old Lords, I would want to warn the council about LF before he corrupts Kevin into the ROD. If in the time of the new, I would want to meet Lord Mhoram, my favorite character, and travel around and see the Land and then become a professional student at the Loresaat. And as someone said, push for mandatory history lessons for everyone in the Land so they can't forget who their heroes are. And maybe while I'm there intoduce some simple technology like a travois. I don't think I'd be up to building a wagon, though maybe I could give them the idea of a wheel, but a travois I could probably handle. And other simple things like that.
Love as thou wilt.

Tohrm
Ramen

Post by Tohrm »

One thing is for certain. I would not go to the homeland of the Haruchai, that is unless I could get several layers of clothes. I hate the cold! But going to the land of the Braithair does intrigue me. I would like to see the trackless deserts and enjoy the solitude of the land that spawned Nom. And I am willing to bet that there is a lot of earthpower there for those that are willing to look for it.
The dead are dead-only the living may hope to resist Despite

Post by Guest »

I would seek out an internship as a Raver....hey, every land needs evil.
Dag son of Dag
Ramen

Good question!

Post by Dag son of Dag »

I`d think I`d have to go for training at the Loresraat, and then becoming a Lord. Seems like the best way to serve the Land. I`d love to walk around with my cool Staff and get the grass to grow. :)
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

First off I would be so overwhelmed by the beauty of the Land and fascinated by it's people and their cultures. I would love to meet Lord Mhoram, Bannor, and Foamfollower. As my compassion for the Land grew, I would be a learner at Loresraat and then seek become a Lord so as I can explore every foot of the Land. Then proceed to actively conserve Colossus, Andelainian Hills, Skyweir Melankurion, the wraiths, Morinmoss, and Ranynyn. And always remain a good friend of all giants, Haruchai, and Stonedowners. Make diplomatic visits to Bhrathairain while avoiding Elemesnedene for obvious reasons.

But if this was too great of work, I would choose to be an Unfettered One and live off the land and seek adventure where-ever my journeys took me. And more or less commit myself to the same duties as the above. LOL!

Post by Guest »

I would find Lord Mhoram son of Variol and warm him up from Lord Foul's winter :lol:
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

socks

Now that the weather's starting to get cold, makes me think about how the people in the Land seem to run around in sandals all year round. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY CAN STAND IT! Does the health of the Land keep them from getting frostbite and cracking, bleeding feet? If I were there in the winter, I would HAVE to have socks! I don't care how many people think that sandals worn with socks look dorky, having cold feet is very unpleasant to me. I would have to introduce warm wooly socks to the Land. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

i'd be a lord
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

i want power
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I am a Raver, so I'll be a Raver. I'll go to Bhrathairain and see what havoc I can cause. I'll also introduce Europop to the Land. :) :E
dukkha
Ramen

Post by dukkha »

I'd like to say "become a Lord" but I fear that it would be beyond me.

What I would first do is travel throughout the Land. Although I'd have to walk, there are several advantages. The Land isn't that big, and there's food everywhere. I'd like to see as much of the Land as possible.

After that, settle in the Loresraat and learn what I could. But I'd want many vacations (one of many reasons the Lordship would be hard to get!)

mike
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

interesting old thread...
Love as thou wilt.

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Assuming that being a renauisance man is one of my most favorite hobbies (knowing a little of everything) My first choice would be to study at the Loresaarat. After that who knows mabye i'll bring some good ol' fashioned modern day humor routines to the good people of Mithil Stonedown.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
ZefaLefeLaH
Banned

Post by ZefaLefeLaH »

I'd find Lena. :twisted:
The first ever kitten psychologist
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

dukkha wrote:The Land isn't that big
Yes it is. According to the Atlas of the Land, it's around 3 million square miles--only slightly smaller than the United States at 3.6 million. That is a lot of territory.

If I suddenly found myself in the Land...well, first of all I'd be in total shock and disoriented. Then the question is, will this be a temporary or permanent stay? If we go by the book in terms of the law of summoning, then my time in the Land will last only so long as my summoner remains alive. KaosArcana's beginning post says it's a "young Lord" who is the summoner, so I should have many years left in the Land, assuming that Lord doesn't die prematurely from battle or sickness or blows herself up from doing another reckless experiment in lore.

After years of being conditioned in the "real" world to be guarded and defensive, it would take time to get used to the forthrightness of the people of the Land.

It would be interesting to check out the Loresraat, but I don't see myself going through the rigorous training required for either Sword or Staff. School was never my thing. Being an Unfettered would seem to be an attractive existence for me. What kind of Unfettered study I'd be doing I haven't a clue. I could make something up but the Lorewardens would probably see through my deception. :wink:
Melenkurion
Servant of the Land

Post by Melenkurion »

If I made it as a Lord, I'd want to be a kind of foreign minister for the Council, promoting trade, diplomatic and academic links with lands beyond the Land. That way we'd have a few friends to rely on (hopefully) the next time LF raises his ugly head.

If I didn't make it as a Lord, then I'd get a craftsman to make some guitars and form a Metallica tribute band. :twisted:

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”