Anybody following the NFL draft?

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mick Axbrewder
Servant of the Land

Anybody following the NFL draft?

Post by Mick Axbrewder »

Don't seem like there's many football threads on here. Will Carson Palmer suck? Will Penn State players continue to suck? Will the 2 stud wideouts be any good? Why aren't there any good linebackers anymore?
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

My :2c: :

Carson Palmer will be an average NFL QB. I see him as similar to David Carr. Playing for the Bengals will depress his numbers and, unless the Bengals turn the corner or he is traded, he will fade into NFL history as a serviceable NFL QB.

Larry Johnson will continue the incredible string of Penn State running backs that have been busts in the NFL (Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, etc...). He doesn't have break-away speed, he runs upright and he's not very nifty. In the NFL that upright straight ahead style will punish him. Think Ron Dayne.

Look no further than Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. Lewis may be one of the best and Urlacher is carrying on the Chicago tradition that goes back to Butkus. They're both mean bastards with speed to burn, like heat seeking missiles.

Historically, rookie wideouts don't make an impact till their 3rd year or so. I wouldn't expect too much from either Rogers or Johnson.

A few other predictions: McGahee will never be a good NFL RB. His knee will always be an issue. Suggs will be a good pass-rusher and probably put up 9+ sacks in his rookie year. Leftwich will eventually be the best QB to come out of this draft. He's big, strong and can run. He looks like another Culpepper (before he began to have problems).

Any thoughts? Which teams do you like/follow? 8)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Pats got some solid pick-ups I think. MacGahee will be decent. I think so.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Hey Mhoram,

I really don't know a whole lot about the players they drafted but the national media seems to think the Pats had a tremendous draft...ESPN, Mel Kiper, Sporting News etc...Strange but the local media aren't that impressed. I'll just be happy to see baltimore lose about 14 games next year so we end up with a top 5 pick!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Cincy chews up QB's. They seem to draft one every 3 years. Even though Leftwich was hurt at the end of the year, I thought he will be a better pro than Palmer if he's on a team which has a decent O-line. Not sure if Jax fits that.

Return to “Sports”