The GAP filmed!

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I dunno, I'd say her manner is just about right, as well as her look and posture.

Jenna Elfman as Min though? "Oh Dolph, your such a fuddy-duddy!"

I like the sound of Weaver as Sorus, though. After his guest appearances on ER though, I'm sticking by my choice of Cole Hauser for Nick. He's so nasty, yet good looking.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

I don't think Lillith has the physical presence needed fro Min. Min must appear threatening.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night and thought Peta (Nikita) Wilson was powerful and imposing. (Not to mention incredibly sexy as well... :twisted: )
fall far and well Pilots!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Wormwood wrote:Nick Succorso: Bill Pullman
Wrong Bill. Bill Paxton!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

danlo wrote:I saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night and thought Peta (Nikita) Wilson was powerful and imposing. (Not to mention incredibly sexy as well... :twisted: )
Danlo, would you like to join me? I'm campaigning heavily for Peta Wilson to play Morn Hyland. I do hope you have savored her in the La Femme Nikita series? :)
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

I think she would do an excellent job. She is able to do teh tortured look quite well.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Also vulnerable. vengeful. unstoppable. maternal. despairing. crazed. commanding. and finally understood.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Byrn wrote:I don't think Lillith has the physical presence needed fro Min. Min must appear threatening.
I never saw Min as physically threatening, myself. I took her to be ordinary-woman-sized, but rigidly disciplined and rather hawk-like. The only characters I'd have thought needed to be physically intimidating would be Angus, Mikka, Dolph and possibly Warden.

Anyone else think Kate Beckinsale would make a good Morn?
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

I distinctly remember Min described to radiate danger. Angus, just by looking at Min, knew not to mess with her.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Actually, this sounds strange, but I think that the GAP would make an absolutely fantastic Anime. Also, the Japanese can get away with stuff that they never would in america.

Angus is constantly described as Frog-Like. I really can't think of a major hollywood actor who has the right look, except maybe Robbie Coltrane. But it would be quite a stretch from Hagrid to Angus.

To me, I always thought Nick WAS Tom Cruise. Cruise has the same aura of self destructive arrogance that Succurso needs.

When casting the Gods, its important to remeber who they are. Hashi is Loki, the trickster. He must look like a God of Wit. Maybe Steve Buscemi?

Warden is the All-Father, Odin. Gotta get someone who has that look of hard, all seeing wisdom. I cant think of him though. Damn.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

What happened to Brent Spiner as Hashi?

He has the look of a trickster whilst appearing intelligent.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

The Dreaming wrote:To me, I always thought Nick WAS Tom Cruise. Cruise has the same aura of self destructive arrogance that Succurso needs.
I think Nick gets his edge from hatred, and Cruise doesn't appear to have a hating bone in his body. I stand by Jude Law for Nick. He does edge so well he was typecast for it, for a while.
The Dreaming wrote:When casting the Gods, its important to remeber who they are. Hashi is Loki, the trickster. He must look like a God of Wit. Maybe Steve Buscemi?
Buscemi would be excellent, yes. So would Brent Spiner.
The Dreaming wrote:Warden is the All-Father, Odin. Gotta get someone who has that look of hard, all seeing wisdom. I can't think of him though. Damn.
No one but Liam Neeson. The quintessential tortured hero. He was totally wasted in Star Wars, but he belongs in hero roles. I could go into ecstacies thinking of what Neeson would do with the last half of ALL GODS DIE.
Tom
Stonedownor

Post by Tom »

I think The Gap would make a pretty horrible movie with real-life actors. Too much would have to be changed from the books to even earn an R rating, and it is too dark to appeal to the mass public.

However, an animated or CGI series without a limit on length could really do it justice. Even using manga possibly.

For example, the animated movie "Titan AE" was really pretty good, although it could have been better with more length and explanation of what was really going on. Making it into a DVD series instead of a single movie would have worked better.

Tom
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Nathan wrote:What happened to Brent Spiner as Hashi?

He has the look of a trickster whilst appearing intelligent.
As much as I am against the idea of using sci-fi actors for the Gap, I have always imagined Hashi being played by Spiner; not because of his role as Data but for his role as the eccentric scientist in Independence Day.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Lord Doom
Woodhelvennin

Post by Lord Doom »

Nick Succurso - Bruce Campbell

How cool would that be!
Warmark Jay
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Warmark Jay »

Angus - Liam Neeson

Nick - Hugh Jackman

Morn - Evangeline Lilly

Holt - Kevin Spacey

The Bill - Sam Rockwell

Hashi - Paul Giamatti

Min - Angelina Jolie

Sorus - Lena Olin

Dolph - James Earl Jones, sans black armor and cape
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I think a big, bald Bruce Willis would make an interesting Angus. Alan Rickman is all I see when I read Warden's part. Tom Cruise or Peter Weller as Nick. Mark-Paul Gosselar as Davies (too old, I know). Whoever said Lena Olin as Sorus is brilliant.

The problem with casting Gap movies is age. Morn's in her early 20s, Davies is 16. How in the world do you find young actors to pull off what's necessary for those two characters?

Oh, I'd stuff Sam Jackson in a fatsuit for Dolph.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Sam Jackson has been my Dolph all along.
The Stoned Downer
Servant of the Land

Post by The Stoned Downer »

How about Gary Sinise as Angus?
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Facially Sinise looks right, but he's too small for the way I picture Angus.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart

Return to “The Gap Series”