The End of the Last Chronicles (Or Not)

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Melenkurion
Servant of the Land

The End of the Last Chronicles (Or Not)

Post by Melenkurion »

I had a funny idea. By the end of the Last Chrons, Lord Foul has possessed Jeremiah in order to torment him and Linden. Then Jeremiah gets transported back to the real world ... and Foul with him. Foul is thereby sucked out of the world of the Land and spends the rest of his life in the body of an autistic boy, locked up in Berenford Memorial Hospital.
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

Heh heh. Somehow I don't believe it, but that's a funny idea!
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
Glaive
Stonedownor

Re: The End of the Last Chronicles (Or Not)

Post by Glaive »

Melenkurion wrote:I had a funny idea. By the end of the Last Chrons, Lord Foul has possessed Jeremiah in order to torment him and Linden. Then Jeremiah gets transported back to the real world ... and Foul with him. Foul is thereby sucked out of the world of the Land and spends the rest of his life in the body of an autistic boy, locked up in Berenford Memorial Hospital.
Don't you mean locked up in the White House?
Satansheart Soulcrusher
Ramen

Post by Satansheart Soulcrusher »

:haha:
I'm not even American and I find that hilarious!
The Grey Slayer
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Re: The End of the Last Chronicles (Or Not)

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Melenkurion wrote:I had a funny idea. By the end of the Last Chrons, Lord Foul has possessed Jeremiah in order to torment him and Linden. Then Jeremiah gets transported back to the real world ... and Foul with him. Foul is thereby sucked out of the world of the Land and spends the rest of his life in the body of an autistic boy, locked up in Berenford Memorial Hospital.
:D
Nice.

How about, at the very end, no matter what the final outcome is, be it the destruction of the Arch and the ruin of everything or the total salvation for everyone and the end of Despite, Covenant wakes up as an old man at a Leper Hospital rotting away on the verge of death.
His last vision is that of his doctor, Linden Avery, consoling Joan at Covenants side. Roger stands behind them with a tear in his eye. A faithful male nurse with dangerous eyes--gray-blue irises flecked with gold, checks Covenant's vital signs and shakes his head in sadness as Covenant begins to "fade" away. In the doorway stands a vollunteer who gives his time reading stories to lepers. He's a "giant" of a man in both size and heart who "follows" the others as they bow thier heads to Covenants passing.

All three Chronicles are a dying lepers last dream.
The whole thing is one nights dream.
:twisted:
That would suck. :evil: :evil:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
PitchDude
Stonedownor

Post by PitchDude »

Well, HLT, *that* was interesting.

A little Deep Space 9-esque, but a great postulation nonetheless.

Carry on!

Jim
Only a person who has truly experienced the consequences of his/her own destructive actions is qualified to evaluate--is, indeed, capable of evaluating--his/her future actions in order to make meaningful choices between destruction and preservation. - SRD
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Gaaah. At least Covenant didn't have to click his heels together three times and say, "There's no place like home".....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Satansheart Soulcrusher
Ramen

Post by Satansheart Soulcrusher »

:haha:
The Grey Slayer

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”