Canadian Invitation

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

I am a Canadian eh?
Me too bud!
Every man is my superior, in that, I may learn from him.
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

You Canadians have any room for disgruntled Americans who are dissatisfied with their countrymen?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." (Anais Nin)
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

Are you kidding? bigger country, 1/10th the population - plenty of snowdrifts for you to borrow into!
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

Ah right, all of the snow drifts!!!

Let's see - George Bush, snow drifts, George Bush, snow drifts.

That's not too hard.
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

Yes no snow drift is a cold as Bush.... :lol:
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

And they're more capable of admitting error. At least the last one I spoke to was.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

You can stay up at my place...you can sleep on the chesterfeild; and we'll watch the Gray-cup this weekend. Then we can go out (oot) for donairs and poutine, or perogies and cod tounges.

I think if TC was Canadian; then during any sun of rain in the second chronicles he would have kept saying, "At least it's not snowing...you don't have to shovel rain afterall!"
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

I'm starting to think that maybe it isn't so bad down here...cod tongue...*shudders*

:D
PitchDude
Stonedownor

Post by PitchDude »

Hey Burgs.

After your question in the GI, you're OK Canuck material in my book!

Also, you'll have to forgive Drew - he's a 'coaster', and, well, their weather has really sucked of late.

Come to the land of me, Old Darth, and ScrapOSamadhi. No cod tongues here, dude.

Jim
Only a person who has truly experienced the consequences of his/her own destructive actions is qualified to evaluate--is, indeed, capable of evaluating--his/her future actions in order to make meaningful choices between destruction and preservation. - SRD
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Friggin' upper canadians don't know good eatin'.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

LOL!!! Those guys across the River in Canada eat good food. :) I love to go over to Stratford and see some plays and eat at some of the great restaurants there. :)

But man, people in Ontario drive like bats out of hell on that freeway between Windsor and Toronto! :hairs:
Love as thou wilt.

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I think people here in Winnipeg are nutty drivers too. Great city, friendly folks...but I put my life on the line every time I step onto the curb. Maybe I'm just fed up with urban traffic in general. Oh well, it could be worse, I guess.
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

Well, personally I love Chicago. I do joke that we are "the city on the sewer", in reference to Lake Michigan having some odd colors of green at times, but it's a remarkable city with a tremendous vibrancy.

The food is remarkable here. The ethnic diversity is such that you can go anywhere (although if you look like me - and that is me in the photograph, there are certain neighborhoods where you don't quite feel welcome) and eat anything. And our top five restaurants rival that of any American city's.

All that said, winter sucks. So does rain. And wind. We have too much of the aforementioned here.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Explain cruncheons to me. :D
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

I am getting tired of all the drama over the election. It's not really a big deal that Bush got reelected, all politicians suck; some just suck in different ways. I thought Kerry would suck a little less hard than Bush, but it's no huge loss that the guy who sucks just a little more gets to stay in office. All this "I am moving to Canada" bs is getting on my nerves. Be ready to vote for someone else in four years, when we will be rid of him for good.

McCain for the Republican nomination! Cheney is Satan!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I believe Cheney has already expressed that he has no intention of running for the Presidency, but then again, Bush said the same thing when he was governor of Texas.

I don't think it's all a matter of who's in the White House. A lot of us are disenfranchised because we're becoming aware of where this country is heading, the election only being the largest sign of it. We don't like it, and we're not sure it's going to start getting better in four years.

Look, I'm a fairly patriotic guy. It's one of the reasons I joined the military. But lately I'm thinking Maybe the cost of living isn't too high in California or It doesn't rain in Washington that much.

It looks like I'm going to Italy in January and staying there for the next few years. I'll tell you how things look from the outside.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

This does not explain cruncheons. ;)
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

I think who resides in the White House as President, and the people he surrounds himself with, matter greatly. Presidents don't affect economies as often as they take credit for (or take the fall for), but they certainly affect the moral direction of the country. And personally - all apologies to those who support Bush's sense of morality - I find the moral direction of this country right now terrifying. The thought of the ultra-conservative George Bush appointing Supreme Court Justices, as well as other influential judges, quite literally sends chills through my spine. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Typically disenfranchised people (regardless of the fact that Cheney has a lesbian daughter - and that's just one group) are very restless.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Bah, the liberal agenda frightens me just as much as the right. It's s little arrogant to say that your agenda has correct moral principles that should by right direct the country.
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

I'm not interested in getting into a political debate, as this really isn't the place for it, but I'll make a final comment. I think that both extremes, conservative and liberal - ANY extreme for that matter - does a disservice to everyone.

Plenty of historical and contemporary examples exist to demonstrate that.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”