Farscape-Peacekeeper Wars...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Farscape-Peacekeeper Wars...

Post by theDespiser »

anybody else watch this? i did, and i liked it...im glad they did it..i would much rather they hadnt cancelled the series, or at least made it longer, but...oh well...i ll have to be satisfired with all the seasons on DVD...
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
Khaliban
Watchman, Second Class

Post by Khaliban »

They didn't change anything from the series. That's what I liked best. The characters, the world, the humor, the drama was all at the same level of quality as the series itself. They planned on five seasons originally. I could see them forcing every major plot development of that final season into the movie. They gave the fans exactly what they begged for. Fan outrage made that movie and the producers delivered with everything they could. That's what made that show so good.
Blue_Spawn
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Blue_Spawn »

Ignoring a few cliche moments
Spoiler
(Dargo's death and the very end of the movie)
, The Peacekeeper Wars was everything I had hoped it to be, indeed! What a brilliant piece of work, and I hope that Brian Henson will have another go with Farscape in the future, seeing as how a lot of the plot is still left unresolved.
Last edited by Blue_Spawn on Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

yeah...id love another mini-series...cmon...how long could the peace actually last...and with the PeaceKeepers and the Scarrons..or whatever....not fighting anymore, someones gotta come in and take one of em out...or SOMEthin..and i KNOW that they have some ideas about what to do with Aeryn's and Chrighton's kid...course im not sure i really want to see an old Aeryn and John...id like to see some adventures with them together and young enough still

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Arrrggghghhhh. I should NOT have read this thread.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

heh...i figured everybody who was into Farscape had seen it...

Blue_Spawn
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Blue_Spawn »

Sorry about that, mate :-(
Last edited by Blue_Spawn on Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Despiser wrote:heh...i figured everybody who was into Farscape had seen it...
no some of us are called away by work and some of us have given up cable and really miss the Sci-Fi Channel! :(
fall far and well Pilots!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

What danlo said. I gave up cable, and since it hasn't come out on DVD yet...
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

It's a good thing the first post I spotted in here was Syl's exclamation. I successfully missed any spoilers. Could just be me, but I think spoiler markers would be handy.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

CovenantJr wrote:It's a good thing the first post I spotted in here was Syl's exclamation. I successfully missed any spoilers. Could just be me, but I think spoiler markers would be handy.
Alas, I did not miss the spoilers :x ;)

Anyone have a handle on when this is due out on DVD? Am cable/satellite deprived. Didn't even know the movie was finally coming out. LOL, glad that "Save Farscape" rally we held in front of the Air and Space museum made a difference. Or not. Sure was fun, though. Ask Jay, I dragged him to it. (:screwy: <-- Jay's opinion of 'Scapers.)
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

Myself, I'd be more interested in seeing something new--like exploring what's going on with the Nebari, a people that frankly scare me more than either the Peacekeepers or Scarrans.

Besides, Chiana is my fave character.
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
lhaughlhann
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by lhaughlhann »

I have still got to see season two onwards, they decided to show the first season over here a few years back and dont seem to be all that motivated to get the rest! I guess it'll have to be DVD one day. Really loved the series though.
"The universe does not give first warnings. Or second chances."

Go-OpenSource
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

well, i didnt even think of spoilers for a tv show...i only ever saw em for when people were talkin about the books around here...

and pretty soon ill be getting rid of my digital cable, as i will now be paying for cable myself...but i cant live without sci-fi, cartoon network, comedy central, or the history channel...

kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:Ask Jay, I dragged him to it. (:screwy: <-- Jay's opinion of 'Scapers.)
Hehe. Hey, I really have been meaning to get into this series. Whenever I see an episode, it always looks interesting. I just have no idea what's going on, heh.

Yeah, I saw some of that new miniseries going on. Again, I was lost most of the time, heh.-jay
Blue_Spawn
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Blue_Spawn »

I would recommend either signing up on Netflix.com and watching the whole thing or even buy episodes. If you like Farscape from the distance, having taken glimpses of it's butchered footage as shown on Sci-Fi, you will hug the full DVD version until you'll grow blue :)

Farscape is by far the best TV series I have ever seen, and perhaps one of the best science fiction cinemas ever created.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Amen.
-George Steiner
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh, maybe Alynna has some episodes on DVD I could steal, heh heh.-jay
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I wish! Those things are expensive! Then again, if I'm considering shelling out $200 for the full set of Trigun episodes... LOL, at least you have cable, Jay. Maybe I ought to co-opt you into taping Farscape reruns for me. And Wolf's Rain. And Inuyasha. And Star Trek. And Cowboy Bebop. And Samurai Jack... :wink:
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Downloaded all of Trigun and Inuyasha.
-George Steiner

Return to “TV Shows”