Farscape-Peacekeeper Wars...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

im a huge fan of the show and i didnt know what was going on half the time either

you ever see that show, Lexx that was on Sci-Fi for awhile with Farscape?

talk about writers block
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Lexx suxx.

Ahh, I remember the good old days on #farscape where the bot would go into a fit if you mentioned the show.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Lexx was hilarious. Really cheesy and borderline appropriate, but hilarious. "The dead do not..." Kai was great.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:I wish! Those things are expensive! Then again, if I'm considering shelling out $200 for the full set of Trigun episodes... LOL, at least you have cable, Jay. Maybe I ought to co-opt you into taping Farscape reruns for me. And Wolf's Rain. And Inuyasha. And Star Trek. And Cowboy Bebop. And Samurai Jack... :wink:
Hehe. Well, if I had a VCR, I'd be glad to. It shouldn't be too hard to find one of those though, heh. Maybe if you supplied the tapes. Hey, when do they show the reruns of Farscape on SciFi, anyway? I can never figure it out. Wait, maybe I shouldn't be a lazy bum, and look up the times myself...heh.-jay
Blue_Spawn
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Blue_Spawn »

Wasn't Lexx based on some movie called "I worship his Shadow?"
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Yeah, Lexx started as a series of movies... I think Kai and Stanley were the only characters to survive the transition. Well, there was Zev/Xev, but I never was sure what the deal was, there. Crazy show, but Nigel Bennet had a recurring guest role, and he's usually good for a few laughs as an evil villain.

LOL, you don't have a VCR, Jay? Aww man, how do you get by? Or did you get a DVD player to make up for it? Yeah, I have no idea when any of that stuff comes on SciFi or Cartoon Network andymore - other people have offered to tape stuff for me, and I'm sitting here going "I can't even afford enough tapes to make this effort worthwhile." I think I've resigned myself to the occasional Drew Carrey, Stargate and Charmed rerun on network tv. *sigh* And then there was that homework thing...
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Blue_Spawn
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Blue_Spawn »

"I worship his shadow" was an awulf, awful film....A lot of people seem to compare Lexx with Farscape, but I really don't see the resemblence :/
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh...yeah, odd, eh? No VCR. Yeah, I have a DVD player to make up for it. But yeah, I've been too lazy to get a VCR. I've never felt a huge desire to record things, heh.

For some reason I think I remember recording stuff for you before for some reason or another a while back, but I can't remember what for the life of me. Stargate or Farscape? Maybe I'm just crazy. Don't mind me.

Haha, but I do still have, like, the entire X-files series on tapes. Why did I bother doing that, anyway? Haha. Good times.-jay
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

lexx could have been cool, but none of the episodes had any real plot or continuity, from what i saw

xev was hawt, though

and the comparison probably came from the fact that both casts were runnin around on a giant, 'living' ship
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Yeah, the only resemblence between Lexx and Farscape was the "living ship," and even that is kinda sketchy, seeing as Lexx was designed to be a weapon of destruction. And looked like a, well, you know... :?

Jay: Yeah, I thought you did, too, but I don't recall what. Might have been Farscape, or maybe it was just that I kept borrowing those X-Files tapes. I still remember Mrs. Ketron in History saying something about addiction... or not doing my homework or something because of those tapes. So, I guess you're to blame for my awful grades! Hah!

Wait, I think I got an A in that class. Dang.

kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Haha. So I guess I'm to blame for you getting an A. Sweet, I accept all credit, heh. So basically watching tons of taped X-files episodes = good grades in school. Who knew.-jay

(P.S. Remember, Taft was a progressive president because Alaska was admitted to the Union and because of those Eskimos.)
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

ROTFLMAO! I remember that!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Progressives and Eskimos, OMG! Was it Taft, really, or someone else. Hehe, guess I didn't learn that much. :P

kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Yeah, I think it was Taft. It was a thing on who was the most progressive president, TR, Taft or Wilson. And we got stuck with Taft.

I remember Mrs. Ketron looking at us like we were insane, heh.

Maybe we're the reason why she retired after that year...hehe.

And...we've totally lost everyone else here with our inside jokes. Heh.-jay

:highjacked:
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

kevinswatch wrote: And...we've totally lost everyone else here with our inside jokes. Heh.-jay

:highjacked:
Precisely what I was thinking. 8)

kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Well, it's their loss then. Heh.-jay
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I just got done watching The Peacekeeper Wars. As good as the series, and that's pretty much all that needs to be said about it*. Best Sci-Fi TV show, though it takes half a season to get into.

(*Another thing that I'm going to say about it: A couple of things they went back on for the sake of the story working (Chiana's eyes; the slimy guy with the diagnosan from Die Me, Dichotomy); and Sikozu's new look was a little hard to adjust to.)

Return to “TV Shows”