A question of pedantics

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Corruption
Servant of the Land

A question of pedantics

Post by Corruption »

Was anyone surprised by the description of a singular Ramen as "Raman" within Runes? I always assumed that Ramen stood as singular as well as plural, at least it had done in previous Chronicles. My first instinct upon seeing "Raman " on the page was that it was a typo, however it appears more frequently as the book progresses.

Also, my copy has a few errors in the Glossary. Daphin has become Daphine, and the Questimoon is now apparently a favourable wine! Over-exuberance with the letter E I think.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Speaking of the Glossary, I noticed that there are individual entries for Melenkurion abatha, duroc, minas, mill and khabaal, naming them as six of the Seven Words.

8O

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

I noticed this as well. I figure it is SRD's current editor's nitpick, as I do not believe it had occurred in previous books. It actually threw me for a loop when I first encountered it, because I was not expecting it.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Yeah. Although SRD had shared some of his thoughts on the Seven Words in the GI, none of the books had ever made it clear what each word was, whether a single word or a phrase. They have always been one of the most mysterious ways to use Earthpower.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Insanity Falls
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Insanity Falls »

I thought it was a printer's mistake!
"The first quality that is needed is audacity"
~ Winston Churchill

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”