The Tick (Cartoon)

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

The Tick (Cartoon)

Post by The Dreaming »

For some reason I have an Extremely strong desire to watch some episodes of the old Tick cartoon. That had to have been one of the funniest cartoons ever made. Anyone know where I can get a hold of them?

Come to think of it, there were a lot of fantastic fox Saturday morning cartoons.

X-Men, Spider-Man, Freikazoid, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain.

"I will unleash a leather repellent into the atmosphere that will spread over every human being on the planet. People will be unable to reach into their wallets for cash. The Global economy will come to a grinding halt, and in the chaos, I will assume leadership of the world Pinkey"

"But what about people with Vinyl wallets Brain?"

"People with Vinyl wallets have no money."
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

The Tick cartoon is among my favorites of all time. I have the entire series on vhs. I bought it on ebay from someone who had taped them all from broadcast. The quality is iffy in some spots but all very watchable. There are undoubtably some individuals still selling the Tick series. SPOON! My favorite episode is still The Tick vs. The Tick. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
UrLord
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by UrLord »

I never really saw many episodes of The Tick, but what I saw, I enjoyed. The live action show was also pretty good, but I think I preferred the cartoon...

Have either of you watched Venture Brothers? It's currently my favorite show on television, and also features a lot of crazy super hero/super villain humor.
Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

I never saw Venture Brothers, but it looked great and I am such an Adult Swim loyalist that I'm sure I'd enjoy it. As to the X Men, there's some disney channel on comcast digital that shows it with gargoyles, and at a late night time too, like 11 pm eastern. I watched the Xmen cartoon last night to get some tension off of the election for me. It was one of the Apocalypse episodes, with the four horsemen. GOOD TIMES
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I would kill for the Tick cartoon to return. Or at least give me some DVDs.-jay
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Oh yeah, for real. I used to call my roommate Buttery Pat in honor of the character from the cartoon.

Come to think of it, it's no wonder he hated me.... heh. Oh well.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Heheh, "Spoooon!" I never saw enough of that show when it was on, and now I'm wishing it was back... along with a bunch of other stuff I miss. Like the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon- that used to be my favorite as a kid. And Pirates of Darkwater; anyone remember that?
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Noi Jetat Wren!!!!
Hehehehehehe
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:And Pirates of Darkwater; anyone remember that?
I was just trying to remember the name of that yesterday! :o I only saw a few episodes, but I liked it. It was quite different.

The things I'd like to see return from my childhood: Thundercats, Knightmare and Mask 8)
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Thundercats is on cartoon network here I think, still playing. Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats... HO!!!!!!!!

What's knightmare and mask?
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Danger Mouse!
lhaughlhann
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by lhaughlhann »

Oh hell yeh! Loved them all, The Tick, Thundercats (i still have the figurines somewhere), Pinky and the Brain and GI Joes
"The universe does not give first warnings. Or second chances."

Go-OpenSource
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

"fight fire with Arthur!"

Return to “TV Shows”