What would YOU do to YOUR ex in your book? ;-)

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

What would YOU do to YOUR ex in your book? ;-)

Post by Creator »

OK ... you're writing a book ... a character is going to be an ex - (substitute wife / husband / girfriend / boyfriend).

YOU, the author, have an ex - (substitute wife / husband / girfriend / boyfriend).

How tempting ... :twisted: :twisted: ... what do YOU do to YOUR fictional ex?!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'd have to hire some Sandgorgons to take the BFH to Gibbon and the Clave (cool name for a band, btw... :P ) but I don't know if I'd recommend tossing her in the Banefire as she def had a piece of the Illearth Stone in her...so who knows what enhanced horror would emerge!? 8O (suddenly feels odd allegience with Sam Kinison AH AHHHHHHHHH!!!! :haha:)
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I would let the ex be happy and healthy and go on and move on and have a great life. :)

And then I would make sure to have the best revenge in moving on myself and having a much happier life without that person. :wink: :twisted:
Love as thou wilt.

SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I wouldn't have to do anything, because he punishes himself sufficiently. Hmmm... where have I heard that line before? lol He actually CALLED last night to talk to the kids! Wow... first time in 4 months! My ex got over 200lbs (he is only 5'4"), has 3 chins, no neck (a friend commented he looks like a gerbil storing up food for the winter), a 4 inch long ponytail (his sister says he looks like the comic guy from the Simpsons... he does actually) and has serious health problems because he refuses to drink water (drinks ONLY coke) and refuses to eat right. Oh, yeah and he is suicidal most of the time.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

The dirty rat ex-bf would find what he love and happiness with the perfect woman, and then because she is perfect she will know that he's a dirty rat and treat him accordingly, i.e., call the exterminator, who will knock on the apt. door, say "You have a rat problem, lady?" and she will laugh and point at the ex and say, "Yes, there he is. I want it taken care of before lunch." And it will be. :twisted:
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Make the plot match that point in time of my life enough to be recognizable and then completely leave her out of the story.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Don't need to write it. Real life is taking care of him soooooo much more efficiently than I could do it in print. :twisted:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

I'm kinda in the process of doing exactly that....

She breaks someone's heart, who learns a lot from the experience, and then she frankly becomes utterly dependent on someone else (for her, a fate close to Worse Than Death).
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

re

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

Oh, I'd just write what his life would have been like had I never convinced HIS ex to stop stalking him...that oughta be punishment enough.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Metal-Demon
Giantfriend

Post by Metal-Demon »

My ex-girlfriend (from many years back) doesn't deserve her likeness to be immortalized in print. I have too much respect for the world of literature ...
-- I've learnt everything I need to know about life just by listening to RUSH --
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Am I the only one who has amicable breakups? :?
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Nope :P
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

CovenantJr wrote:Am I the only one who has amicable breakups? :?

Mine didn't start out amicable. How can a husband leaving a pregnant wife with 2 little girls do it in an amicable way? He knew we were having a son and this terrified him because all of the men in his family turned out... well, like him. After a few months, though I realized why he left and we were so much better off. It took my oldest child longer to see it, but now she sees it. He is a writer (so am I, but not much time with 3 little ones) and was doing this rant... I mean essay... on school shootings, etc. He came across a similarity between himself and those shooters... that other people were not real to them. For a while he knew what was wrong and he saw how he was affecting us as a family (ie curling up in the fetal position and not working). I also do not beleive in divorce so he knew he would have to just leave and force a divorce. I know he stays away because he is afriad of hurting the kids more by bring around. Now it is quite amicable. Last year when he lived in our area he came over for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my whole family (well, not my brothers because one lived in CO and the other feels like murdering him) and my dad was able to relax (decided to put his feelings aside for my kids' sakes) and things went great. He can call me up anytime and we chat like old times. He is a friend and like a brother. I still care about him, but don't love him like a spouse. Actually, I am not sure I ever did love him right. I think I always loved him like a brother and best friend. I know that he has serious problems. My biggest concern is that he may commit suicide and that will seriously affect the kids. He is also very irresponsible. That has never changed is most likely never will.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

SoulQuest1970 wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:Am I the only one who has amicable breakups? :?

Mine didn't start out amicable. How can a husband leaving a pregnant wife with 2 little girls do it in an amicable way? He knew we were having a son and this terrified him because all of the men in his family turned out... well, like him. After a few months, though I realized why he left and we were so much better off. It took my oldest child longer to see it, but now she sees it. He is a writer (so am I, but not much time with 3 little ones) and was doing this rant... I mean essay... on school shootings, etc. He came across a similarity between himself and those shooters... that other people were not real to them. For a while he knew what was wrong and he saw how he was affecting us as a family (ie curling up in the fetal position and not working). I also do not beleive in divorce so he knew he would have to just leave and force a divorce. I know he stays away because he is afriad of hurting the kids more by bring around. Now it is quite amicable. Last year when he lived in our area he came over for Thanksgiving and Christmas with my whole family (well, not my brothers because one lived in CO and the other feels like murdering him) and my dad was able to relax (decided to put his feelings aside for my kids' sakes) and things went great. He can call me up anytime and we chat like old times. He is a friend and like a brother. I still care about him, but don't love him like a spouse. Actually, I am not sure I ever did love him right. I think I always loved him like a brother and best friend. I know that he has serious problems. My biggest concern is that he may commit suicide and that will seriously affect the kids. He is also very irresponsible. That has never changed is most likely never will.
Sorry for your troubles and congratulations on the great way you're handling it. Perhaps he'll do well if you put him in one of your stories now :D ! Merry Christmas to you and your three children!! |G
gully fourmyle
Servant of the Land

Really did it.

Post by gully fourmyle »

I did write a book and I did kill someone off in it. Not my ex-wife, the teacher I had when I was 10 years old. He and I didn't get along and I hated him with a passion. When I wrote my book I arranged a gruesome death for him. He was crushed slowly by a gravel truck. A couple of years later, I learned he'd died of a heart attack three weeks after the completion of my book. Everyone who has read my book is very polite to me these days...
Thomas Covenant in real life.
Loredoctor
Lord

Re: Really did it.

Post by Loredoctor »

gully fourmyle wrote:I did write a book and I did kill someone off in it. Not my ex-wife, the teacher I had when I was 10 years old. He and I didn't get along and I hated him with a passion. When I wrote my book I arranged a gruesome death for him. He was crushed slowly by a gravel truck. A couple of years later, I learned he'd died of a heart attack three weeks after the completion of my book. Everyone who has read my book is very polite to me these days...
Could you write a novel in which the following people get eaten alive by Crocadiles:

Ben Afflek
George Lucas
Darth Revan ;)
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Why I'd...

Post by lurch »

...A few minutes before she died of olde age,,she would realize that her whole life was a wasted experience, devoid of any real humanity, lasting relationships, and love. That would happen in the beginning ,,of a flashback story, done in satire.......MEL
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Loremaster wrote:
gully fourmyle wrote:I did write a book and I did kill someone off in it. Not my ex-wife, the teacher I had when I was 10 years old. He and I didn't get along and I hated him with a passion. When I wrote my book I arranged a gruesome death for him. He was crushed slowly by a gravel truck. A couple of years later, I learned he'd died of a heart attack three weeks after the completion of my book. Everyone who has read my book is very polite to me these days...
Could you write a novel in which the following people get eaten alive by Crocadiles:

Ben Afflek
George Lucas
Darth Revan ;)
Wait on George Lucas until AFTER Star Wars III - One last opportunity to redeem himself. If not ... send him to the crocs!!!
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Loremaster wrote:

Ben Afflek
George Lucas
Darth Revan ;)

Ben Affleck? Isn't that cruelty to animals? Shame on you! Poor Crocs. :wink:
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

My ex was that guy in town no body else wanted to mess with. State Golden Glove champ, light heavy-weight (I think that's how it's phrased?)

I'd have him get his ass kicked by some 90 pound weakling!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”