He's so easily amused

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

kevinswatch wrote:Hey now, let's stop making fun of the engineers... Oh wait...I guess we are nerds. Nevermind.
Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:So he'd end up ordering something like three large and one small to make sure that they didn't have any left over. ????
That sounds like an efficient way to order pizza... I'd be tempted to do something like that too if someone didn't smack me. Heh.-jay

(I should tell my advisor that I'm changing my graduate thesis to determining the Pizza-to-Person Ratio.)
Nerds? Never, honey. Engineers rock! 8)
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Especially soil engineers.

Woah, that was pretty bad. I should start limiting the number of bad jokes I make per day.-jay
Kymbierlee
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kymbierlee »

I had one, but my cat, Mojo, is... um... special... er... intellectually challenged. No matter how clean the litter box is he always has to back into a corner and would stop up the litter maid which was lovingly renamed the turd flinger because once it struggled against his load it would eventually fling poo out of the box and across the room. I went back to a regular old box since I had to scoop the litter maid anyway.

Oh Goddess! This post has me howling! I am just picturing the turd catapult..........
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

kevinswatch wrote:Especially soil engineers.

Woah, that was pretty bad. I should start limiting the number of bad jokes I make per day.-jay
Hey, soil engineers are cool. Remember, it's only "dirt" when it's displaced soil. ;)
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heheh, yeah. When I took a soils class last spring semester, the professor got seriously pissed off whenever someone called soil "dirt". Like it was some sort of curse word. Hehe. That professor was awesome though. I learned more about soil in that one semester than all of those years of Envirothon, heh.

Now, the question is if chicks dig soil engineers...heh. Ok, ok, that's enough lame soil jokes from me...hehe.-jay
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Encryptic wrote:
SoulQuest1970 wrote:LOL Cats are just weird critters. They are too funny. Although who needs a turd flinger now that I have a puppy to do it for me! The past 2 days my puppy has managed to drag the litter box out of hiding and scatter the contents all over my living room floor! She seems under the impression that it is an all you can eat buffet. So during my lunch break I ran to Target and invested in a hooded cat box with a freakin door on it! Not entirely puppy proof, but heavier and certainly harder to get into. Yeesh. I guess my puppy is "feng pooey" too.
Dogs apparently love eating cat poop because it has a lot of undigested protein in it, or so I've been told.

If the hooded litter box deal doesn't cut it, I've also heard that you can get additives from your vet to put in the cat food that makes their poop taste bad or otherwise discourages the dog from eating it. I can't imagine it tasted good to begin with, but then again, I'm not a dog. ;)
I will keep that in mind. So far the hooded cat box with a door has befuddled the puppy, but I am told those Boarder Collies are very smart, so I'm sure it won't take long for her to figure it out. At least she will only be able to dip her face in for the occasional culinary delight. I will ask the vet about the icky stuff for the cat food. I have to be careful since Mojo has a sensative tummy. Pooka has a cast iron stomach. Ok well she is just the embodiment of cool. Indigestion would be too uncool for her. She is the alpha of the house and knows it.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Kymbierlee wrote:
I had one, but my cat, Mojo, is... um... special... er... intellectually challenged. No matter how clean the litter box is he always has to back into a corner and would stop up the litter maid which was lovingly renamed the turd flinger because once it struggled against his load it would eventually fling poo out of the box and across the room. I went back to a regular old box since I had to scoop the litter maid anyway.

Oh Goddess! This post has me howling! I am just picturing the turd catapult..........
Oh yes, it is so enchanting to be sitting around in a circle of friends watching a movie when someone hears a strange noise and asks what it is. Oh, it is just the litter maid. The sound gets more strained and it sounds like it may just give up when, ta da! A turd goes flying across the room! Makes for a wonderful impression on your friends and adds something special to the evening.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

-me

- Garfield

"We live we love

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

kevinswatch wrote:I learned more about soil in that one semester than all of those years of Envirothon, heh.
So far I've learned more about soils in my Wetlands class than I ever did during Envrothon. :?: I think we just had lousy teachers... and the Blair kids figured this out and taught themselves. The guy who does it now seems a lot better, though.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Kymbierlee
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kymbierlee »

Oh yes, it is so enchanting to be sitting around in a circle of friends watching a movie when someone hears a strange noise and asks what it is. Oh, it is just the litter maid. The sound gets more strained and it sounds like it may just give up when, ta da! A turd goes flying across the room! Makes for a wonderful impression on your friends and adds something special to the evening.
Hope your litter box is FAR away from the dining room table......... Almond Joy hors d'oeuvre anyone? ;)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Fortuantely the litter maid went into retirement and it has never been located anywhere near the table or bar. I have one of those long folding tables in my living room and under said table (known as the "book table" because I had been laying out seasonal books for the kids there which is currently a train wreck suffering from the law of horizontal surfaces). I put a cloth over the table to hide the unattractive view of a litter box. This also forces me to keep it clean or else have a nasty odor in my living room.

-me

- Garfield

"We live we love

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

kevinswatch wrote:Hey now, let's stop making fun of the engineers... Oh wait...I guess we are nerds. Nevermind.
Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:So he'd end up ordering something like three large and one small to make sure that they didn't have any left over. ????
That sounds like an efficient way to order pizza... I'd be tempted to do something like that too if someone didn't smack me. Heh.-jay

(I should tell my advisor that I'm changing my graduate thesis to determining the Pizza-to-Person Ratio.)
"The ratio of people to cake is too big."

:P
Avytaya
Stonedownor

Post by Avytaya »

"kitty cookies" or "tootsie rolls"
Yeah, my dog likes to snack, too. We call 'em kitty treats-crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.

Who would have thought-a topic on cat turds, engineers and pizza!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Engineers should be discussed in every topic. Heh.-jay
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

SoulQuest1970 wrote:No matter how clean the litter box is he always has to back into a corner and would stop up the litter maid which was lovingly renamed the turd flinger because once it struggled against his load it would eventually fling poo out of the box and across the room.
SoulQuest, I definitely see what you mean!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Alright, I'm dragging you people through the 'Net to clean off me keyboard cover. Vanilla Coke all over the place. "Feng Pooey" indeed.

Hey, this gives me an idea though. Squirrel litterbox. 8)
Scorn the Terrible
Woodhelvennin
Location: At the Heart of the Earth, corrupting the very essence of the world.

Post by Scorn the Terrible »

This topic reminds me of my cat Spewey, so-named because of his sensitive stomach.

Every so often when I don't pay enough attention to him, he'll crawl beneath my computer desk (where I spend the majority of my time) and leave me a little "present". Then, at night, when I come in after putting on my bedclothes, I sit at my chair and roll forward, placing my bare tootsies right on Spewey's little surprise. I've since taken to putting a litter box under here, as his little surprises are growing more and more frequent. Of course, that only encourages him, but I keep plenty of stick-ups and Glade Plug-ins around to keep the Cat-Phunk at a minimum.

Now if only I can do something about his tendancy to sit on my shoulders and dig in with those +2 Claws of Severe Wounding of his...
WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THOMAS COVENANT: Image

Return to “General Discussion Forum”