Marching Band

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

malinda_maloney
Stonedownor

Marching Band

Post by malinda_maloney »

Heh... umm.... anyone else enjoy? Go to any competitions? DCI?

I guess there's not much to say about it. If you were in it, or are in it, you hopefully understand. If not, there's not concievable way you could. Either that or it's just the fact that my town has such a history and pride with their marching band that it makes a difference.

This just really doesn't fit in another forum... but... hey. =D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I played 2nd clarinet in 6th grade (dammit mother why couldn't you let me play the sax!) and tried to fade into the woodwork. We marched in a 4th of July parade and my funky lil music stand broke and the sheet music blew down the street-still traumatized about it to this day! :(
fall far and well Pilots!
malinda_maloney
Stonedownor

Haha that's funny.

I haven't actually marched in instrument in a long time. When I say we have tradition... we have tradition, and everything marching, parade or field show, is like... hard core.

So naturally, middle school band has drum majors and such. So last year I was a drum major. Fifth, sixth, and seventh grade I marched flute. But along with drum major I've marched colorguard for parade/show for two years now. Ah man... fun times.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

i enjoy marching bands. (in fact i'm re-writing a song to include a drumline) can't play but the wife and i enjoy the battle of the bands between TSU and Prairie View. a friend sent a cd of the Penn State band.
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

Was in my high school marching band back in the day...played french horn. Some of the best memories of my life are from that time. Went to competitions in Florida and Norfolk and did pretty well.

Have yo9u seen the movie Drumline?
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Played french horn in 6th grade band, sucked, never did it again.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I was in an Air Cadet Marching band..for all my teenaged years..it was all percussion. Last year, I got a call to come back and start it back up...it hadden't been running for the last five years..I got it going, but this year I had to step down, as It conflicted too much with my personal life and work. :(
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
malinda_maloney
Stonedownor

Yeah I've watched Drumline... like... every possible charter bus band trip. The drummers love it. Wonder why? ;)

We march much different than that though.

I LOVE THE FRENCH HORN! I wish I hadn't started on flute... french horn was my second choice.

What are some of the shows you marched in?

Return to “Vespers”