West Wing

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

West Wing and the shark tank

Post by taraswizard »

Jimmy Smits!! (when is Ricky Schroeder due to appear?) Does anyone else see the shark tank and the Fonz's motorcycle coming up fast on the horizon? What does anyone think Mr Smits can add to the series except faux-ethnicity? And is anyone welcoming Alan Alda joining this series? Better than Smits but barely! Well, let's see what happens.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Tranquil Hegemony
Woodhelvennin

Re: West Wing and the shark tank

Post by Tranquil Hegemony »

taraswizard wrote:Jimmy Smits!! (when is Ricky Schroeder due to appear?) Does anyone else see the shark tank and the Fonz's motorcycle coming up fast on the horizon? What does anyone think Mr Smits can add to the series except faux-ethnicity? And is anyone welcoming Alan Alda joining this series? Better than Smits but barely! Well, let's see what happens.
Didn't Alan Alda play the president in Canadian Bacon? Good one, casting director... I guess we'll see.

Not terribly impressed with the season premier... looks like it's Leo's turn in the doghouse. I really wish they'd stop doing that. Josh was getting crapped on so much last season I was expecting them to write out his character entirely. There's other ways to create dramatic tension than having the main characters at each other's throats :(
Conformity of purpose will be achieved through mutual satisfaction of requirements.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

*bump*

Man, where was this thread when I was still watching The West Wing? Being a polisci major, it literally got to where I was confusing the show's politics with real-world politics. I love the first few seasons, and the general intellectual dedication required to watch it, but I just couldn't keep up anymore - you miss so much when you can't remember which senator did what to whom and why Josh thinks it's funny but CJ doesn't.

In the end, I gave up on both WW and real politics. Now I worry about Turkey's chances to get into the EU.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and so far I haven't watched any episode past that. I still think it's damn good TV.
Haruchai
Giantfriend

Post by Haruchai »

I am on holidays now (woohoo!!) and I have decided to start watching West Wing, mum has seasons 1-4 on DVD. I have just started season 2, although I have seen bits and pieces of other episodes when mum and dad have been watching them. It is my most very favourite tv show now. :D It's so funny, but really moving at the same time. All the characters just work so well together. I don't like Mandy that much though, she annoys me. I can't wait till she leaves. It's really hard to pick a favourite character, because I like them all so much, but Sam is probably my favourite. I really don't want him to leave!!!!!
We are only up to season 5 in Australia, but I haven't been watching it. Hopefully by the time I have finished watching the DVD's, mum will have bought the DVD's. 8)
I have a question about Sam though. I know he gets his own electorate or something, so he is still in it a little bit, but does he get completley written out of the show? Because on imdb.com, it says that for West Wing, his is only cast from 2000 - 2003. What season are you up to in America? Anyway, I had better stop typing, because I think this is the longest message I have written on KW so far. :) I just wanted to say that I think West Wing is a really good show. 8)
"I see you keep a bee" - Danny Bhoy

"I'll move on when I'm ready to" - Reservoir Dogs

"Their pheremones fizzled like ice cream and lemonade" - Harvie Krumpet
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Yeah, Sam goes and gets elected governor or senator or rep or something for California, I forget which. The actor wanted to leave, so he's been written out completely. He might do guest appearances still, but I don't know - that was right around the time I stopped watching.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Mandy didn't last long, thank goodness. She was only in the first season, and there was no explanation given as to her whereabouts at the beginning of season 2.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Okay, is anyone else having trouble with the new writers? Or is it just me? This season, tho I understand it to be a "transition season" is falling flat for me. Maybe it's all the changes...CJ Chief of Staff now, Toby doing the press, Josh off running around with Santos WITHOUT DONNA...and who in the world is this new blond irritant?!?!?!?! She really gets on my nerves!!

Ah sigh...I guess I miss the old days. Josh, Toby, SAM, CJ, Ainsley, Leo..etc. It's hard to get used to all the new stuff happening. :(
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I've only seen the first 3 seasons on DVD. so I'm way behind.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

OOPS!!! :oops: hope I didn't spoil it for you!!! :(
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Wow, CJ's Chief of Staff?? And Toby's in charge of the press? That really puts me off. I love CJ and Toby, but I hate change. Sounds like I wouldn't enjoy the new season even if I had time to watch it.

You mean there's another blond irritant? Ainsley was about as irritating as one could be and still be an enjoyable character. What happened to her??

taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

West Wing - Rob Lowe

Post by taraswizard »

Rob Lowe, Sam Seaborn. Good riddance. Chatacter was somewhat of a bigger whiner than most of the others, and Rob left over one issue money. Plus Rob Lowe in real life, AFAIK, is like Woody Allen creepy. In the early 80s there was a underground sex video out with him in it, and this was way before these things were regarded as trendyand fashionable (examples Tommy Lee and Pamela, Vince Neil, Paris Hilton, etc.). FWIW, there was an issue of age regarding all the participants in the video.

So I am alone her cause I do not see Rob Lowes lieaving so negatively.
Allan Rosewarne
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I watched season 4 last week on DVD, am still a couple of seasons behind.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Sam was never my favorite character, so I didn't mind him leaving that much, but all the new stuff after Aaron Sorkin was gone... it just doesn't have the same feel. Like SG-1 after season 5.... what's the point?

Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

Interresting... almost fashinating. I just stopped by shortly to see if there was anything on KW about West Wing and what do I find on top of the TV-forum... I have started somewhat of a marathon and have seen the first 2,5 seasons in some weeks now. I like it so far, but I understand there will be a decline somewhere around season 4-5... I have one more season on DVD to check out, then I might be back with some reflections...
SLATFATF...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

This will be must-see tv:
NEW YORK (AP) -- NBC will air a live episode of "The West Wing" featuring a debate between presidential candidates Matt Santos and Arnold Vinick on November 6.
» 'West Wing' going live @ CNN.com

:D
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

West Wing on Bravo

Post by taraswizard »

If you're a huge West Wing fanatic like me; FWIW, Bravo cable has reruns on like all the time. BTW, Bravo is owned by GE, and NBC is owned by GE.
Allan Rosewarne
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Oh yeah!! Wal-Mart has seasons 1 and 2 on dvd for $20 each!!!!!!!!!! I'm a happy, happy Haruchai!!!!!!! Time for the Haruchai Happy Dance!!!!

Go Fisty!
Go Fisty!
Go Fisty!
It's your birthday!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Wayfriend wrote:This will be must-see tv:
NEW YORK (AP) -- NBC will air a live episode of "The West Wing" featuring a debate between presidential candidates Matt Santos and Arnold Vinick on November 6.
» 'West Wing' going live @ CNN.com

:D
Tried to watch this. It was so much like a real debate that I got bored and changed the channel. :lol:

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Fist and Faith wrote:Oh yeah!! Wal-Mart has seasons 1 and 2 on dvd for $20 each!!!!!!!!!! I'm a happy, happy Haruchai!!!!!!! Time for the Haruchai Happy Dance!!!!

Go Fisty!
Go Fisty!
Go Fisty!
It's your birthday!
Well, I'm pissed since I paid twice that for both seasons.

BTW - the next season will be released on DVD next month.

Return to “TV Shows”