Finally... we get to see a side to... (Spoiler)

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Finally... we get to see a side to... (Spoiler)

Post by Revan »

Malfoy that isn't one dimensional.

A thing lacking in the past. I was quite happy when we saw a bit of depth to his character in this book. And I've always said, that is Malfoy is going to join the good side in book seven (as many have claimed) he would need to show a side to himself in the sixth book that takes him away from the one dimensional character he has been in the first 5 books. Now J.K has done just that, and I'm conviced that malfoy will eventually help harry, albeit in a way we don't expect.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up helping Harry somehow, either. When Myrtle told Harry and Ron she had been meeting some sad boy in the bathroom for talks, I had been thinking it must be Neville. I was really surprised it turned out to be Malfoy. 8O

And then, even with his family's life in the balance, Malfoy just couldn't bring himself to do his assigned task...he lowered that wand before the Death Eaters broke through...

His other attempts were so lame (even though they hurt two students) that there was simply no possiblity that they could have worked on his intended target. Which again, makes me wonder if they were half-hearted attempts, just done as proof that he was trying...
Love as thou wilt.

Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I was glad to see that Malfoy had something of a heart... or enough sense to fear for his conscience, at least.

I knew Malfoy was the one Myrtle was talking about... I think I'm getting too used to Rowling's style to be surprised by the little details anymore.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

duchess of malfi wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up helping Harry somehow, either. When Myrtle told Harry and Ron she had been meeting some sad boy in the bathroom for talks, I had been thinking it must be Neville. I was really surprised it turned out to be Malfoy. 8O
I, on the other hand, suspected right away that it was Malfoy. I wondered what he was up to and if he was trying to use Myrtle in some way to further his ends...

I was glad to see another side to Malfoy, as well. I am hoping he will turn out to be not so bad, in the end.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”