A Ring related question

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

guyvrraziel
Servant of the Land

A Ring related question

Post by guyvrraziel »

How many people here own a white gold wedding band? And of those that do, how many are actually married?

On that note, has anyone bought or made any covenant related "props" of any type?

(BTW, For those who're interested, I've just this minute finished reading White Gold Wielder! Huzzah!)
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

My wedding ring contains white gold, but is not entirely such. I doubt I would have known such a thing existed if not for SRD, but that's not why I chose it. I just generally prefer a "silvery" look than regular gold, and the pattern (involving alternating bands of white and yellow gold) was way cool.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I do, but I'm not married. And it has "Be true - KW" inscribed inside. That was kind of a half-finished plan instigated by Cate, for Watchers to get white gold.

You may crown me with the big geek crown now ;)
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

You may crown me with the big geek crown now
:LOLS: so ye shall be named.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Since I'm allergic to jewlery I'm not allowed in this thread, but if you're interested in some more perspectives look here as well.
Last edited by danlo on Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

I first read the Chronicles in high school, and I was inspired to order my HS class ring in white gold as a result.

However, my numerous attempts to get any white fire out of the ring all ended in failure... :?
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

MrKABC wrote:However, my numerous attempts to get any white fire out of the ring all ended in failure... :?
Don't give up! It has to work eventually.

(I have one, though it's not inscribed. Neat idea. And no, I'm not married.)

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

Mine has both white and yellow gold in it.
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...
SalotHSaR
Banned

Post by SalotHSaR »

It was my intent to buy one but alas we went with platinum instead. I guess I changed my mind somewhere along the way. White gold fades pretty badly from what I hear. I decided that I should be romantic with my wife instead of a book.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Welcome to the Watch, SalotHSaR!
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

SalotHSaR wrote:It was my intent to buy one but alas we went with platinum instead. I guess I changed my mind somewhere along the way. White gold fades pretty badly from what I hear. I decided that I should be romantic with my wife instead of a book.
An eminently reasonable position. Books are nice and all, but real folks come first.
clenchedwolf
Servant of the Land

clenchedwolf

Post by clenchedwolf »

lol for my sins i got married with a white gold ring....it was my only request for the wedding....lol

and i also seem not to be able to unleash the fire inside....pmsl

ok does that class me as the saddest of the sad....lol
bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Re: clenchedwolf

Post by bossk »

clenchedwolf wrote:lol for my sins i got married with a white gold ring....it was my only request for the wedding....lol

and i also seem not to be able to unleash the fire inside....pmsl

ok does that class me as the saddest of the sad....lol
Nope. If it means something to you you are much more likely to value it and what it represents.
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

Yeah, my wedding ring is white gold (my wife and I both prefer it to yellow gold). No sign of being able to summon the wild magic with it, though. :(
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

I have one!
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Emma! Get to London tomorrow morning and join us for our Fest! :x
jimdwa
Servant of the Land

Post by jimdwa »

Mine is yellow and white gold. Mostly white with a yellow patern through the center of the band. No wild magic yet. I do wish I had inscribed "Be True" in it like CovenantJr has. I wanted solid white gold of course but I had to compromise. My wife has since read TCTC and wishes I had been more persistant in convincing her to get white gold. She's a bigger geek about it than I am now. The only time she ever curses it's "hellfire and bloody damnation".
Your country and your family are to die for. Food is to eat - Martin Crane
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

am married but ring is stainless steel, broken in the center with a bitty little diamonchip sitting in the gap. (i have never been able to figure out how they set the bitty chip in there, weird, bizarre ring)
HOWEVER, my class ring (1976, Lafayetter Sr High, Lex, Ky) IS white gold.
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

I got married last year. My wife and I both have white gold rings, each of them has 5 diamonds embedded in them - thanks to her late Grandmother for those. White gold looks cooler than yellow gold (especially with the diamonds), and it reminds me of Covenant, and his loyalty to Joan, whenever I look at it.

On a related note, I was still finishing up my re-read of the Chronicles, getting ready for Runes when we went on our honeymoon last year. The One Tree is forever linked to our honeymoon in my mind now.

I don't mention the connection to my wife though, as she finds SRD's writing to be "pretentious". *sigh*

No other Covenant related props, although if the Covenant movie is ever made, I'd love to keep the Staff of Law as a souvenir.
Nerdanel
Bloodguard

Post by Nerdanel »

I'm not married but I wear rings anyway. None of them is yellow gold since the color doesn't suit me. One of the rings is white gold. I got it as a child many years ago before I had even heard of Donaldson. The ring is plain except for a decorative V-shaped angle in the band.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”