Is this for real??

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Skyweir

Is this for real??

Post by Skyweir »

hey guys check this out .. its different but its mighty cool .. Jay man where are you?? and what do you think??

offcenter .. looks like your the man!! .. way to go with the new forum ..
Skyweir

mmm .. question ..

Post by Skyweir »

is it possible to transport the Kevins Watch graphics and stuff .. to make this feel more like home?? .. I like what you've done with the place though .. Jay can you build around this to make it more Watch-like? this is cool ..
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Hi Skyweir

I don't think the idea is to replace www.kevinswatch.com that's a mighty fine site in its own right. It's really just the message board that's different :)

Basically - the entire look and feel can be changed. This is the default layout and to change it is a bit of a mission in terms of the graphics etc but if someone out there is gifted then that's a real possbility.

The logo at the top is just something I whipped together and can be changed if another logo is preferred.

There are also Avatars - I'm using the Statue of Liberty at the moment. You can upload your own but they have to be a certain physical size as well as under a certain file size (purposefully vague here because I canot remember the spec ;) )
Michael Giantfriend
Ramen

Nae bad, this, hey!

Post by Michael Giantfriend »

Oooh, I like this ... very nice :lol: ... Love the picture at the top! 8) 8)

I like this board. :D :D :D As ong as it wasn't going to totally replace the old Kevins Watch, I'm all in favour of it!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

I like it....

Post by aliantha »

It doesn't feel quite like home yet, but the graphic at the top of the page is way cool, and the lack of ads is, like, nirvana....

It would be cool, though, if we could pull over some of the old posts. Otherwise, how is Hearthcoal going to be able to do her link thingie? :lol:
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I just tossed that little old graphic together in a hurry :wink:

I was trying to get The Land....Kevins Watch....The One Tree....TC....and the Ring into one.....figure it worked?
PrinceofAmber

I like it

Post by PrinceofAmber »

This is really smart - I haven't had chance to feel at home on the other board yet, this one is just fine - and no Ads!! :D

(Just trying an Emoticon for the first time)
Tenara
Stonedownor

Post by Tenara »

I go away for a while, and come back to find a whole new board with no ads. :D It would be nice to get some of the old topics over here, though. I don't have much free time, but if it comes to copying and pasting, I'm more than happy to help.
danlo
Lord

Very nice indeed!

Post by danlo »

:) I just wish we could move ALL the great discussion topics here instead of having 2 start anew--the again maybe we DO need 2 start again so newcomers stop recycling the old topics without reading them 1st! (pet peeve). My Neverness Topic page here will b short and sweet and UNDERSTANDABLE (4 a change) as I have just discovered that Beyond Neverness and Seekers of the Ineffable Flame have finally got their acts 2gether so I will instruct any1 who goes there 2 1st check out those sites so they can become familiar with David Zindell who I rank right up there w/SRD (the best writers come from the US MST zone!).
fall far and well Pilots!
robo

Looks Good

Post by robo »

I can't stand the popups and they were making me stay from the old forum.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I like the look of the forum. And no ads is a BIG plus. It is hard losing the thread of old discussions, but having been on two discussions forums that changed sites while I was a member, I know that it's not the worse thing that can happen.

It actually can be an incentive for new members to jump in and start discussions, as was mentioned above. And Jay can post a link to our "archives" of old discussions, so we can bring them in if necessary.

One question though: If the old forum was "archived" would we want people to be able to continue to add to those discussios? Or would Jay basically close all the topics, so they would be available for viewing only. (The latter, I think, is the preferable choice.)

Just some thoughts.

~MsMary~
robo

URLs doubled up

Post by robo »

Whoa, both forums have the same URL. That can be confusing. I can't bookmark this one properly. Can you have a easy to remember temp URL for this one.
robo

archive the old one

Post by robo »

I'd like to see the old one closed down and archived somehow available from here.
danlo
Lord

right ON robo!!!

Post by danlo »

I totally agree! and my mouse is getting sore (opps! sounds like a personal problem!) clicking off all those stupid ads.
fall far and well Pilots!
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

robo, the forums have different URLs. I had no problem bookmarking them. Your problem may be that your program names both of the forums "Kevin's Watch." So you need to rename one of the bookmarks.

~MsMary~
arwenavery

lovely i think???

Post by arwenavery »

this message board is great , it seems ..er ..modern ,

ive only been goin to the old site for a month or two so i suppose i cant say itll be too distressing leaving behind webspace ( but i do like the old look )

if anyone needs help ( i dont know whose the head honcho around here ) i can probly get some cool html stuff .......when im not in colege :lol:

oh and emotions are way cool to use ...fun is just a double clik away :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Wounded Moose

You gotta see this!!!

Post by The Wounded Moose »

I know this doesn't have a lot to do with the Chronicles, but if you want to laugh, and laugh hard, go to www.realultimatepower.net.

It's on par on with Monty Python on funiness, and is "totally sweet." :lol:
amanibhavam
The Gap Into Spam

this is cool

Post by amanibhavam »

yeah, I like the new board as well, though it is a bit shaky..., I get error messages from time to time
but that's no big problem :P
------------------------------------------------------------------------
love is the shadow that ripens the wine

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Ditto

Post by Skyweir »

again!! .. mmm thats the third time I have ditto'd amy .. this place is great!! and I am sure the little problems we are experiencing will disappear in time .. probably teething problems is all ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
xp_spec
Servant of the Land

Post by xp_spec »

This feels more like home then any to me. The graphical nature of the whole Discussion Forum is great. I really enjoy coming to this site everyday to view the graphics and to vent from my thoughts and fears about TC
Jordan McDonald
CEO and Co-Founder of Jett Corp.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”