Andreas Katsulas

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Andreas Katsulas

Post by taraswizard »

I just learned Andreas Katsulas, died on Monday, Feb 13. To SF fans well known known as G'kar on Babylon 5 and Cmdr. Tomalak on TNG. However, he was also known as the one armed man in the Harrison Ford remake of The Fugitive. He was 59 and cause of death was lung cancer.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

oh...i'm so sorry...he will be missed!!! he was my favorite character on Babylon 5 and an excellent actor!!!!

...and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

G'kar was the solu of B5....ahhhhhh, what a loss.

Now I gotta go buy the DVDs.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Revenant »

Yes, very sad.

I guess Cail meant G'Kar was the soul of B5. Very true.
I was so glad of that mean-turned-kind role (GKar was behind Kosh attempted assassination!), for AK so often played villains.

RIP Andreas.
Good luck beyond the rim...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Stupid spelling....Yeah, I meant soul.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cail wrote:Stupid spelling....Yeah, I meant soul.
Ok, that makes much more sense. I thought the "o" was supposed to be a "U" and couldn't imagine what being the "Sulu" of B5 could mean.

So, sad. First the actor playing Franklin's father (Paul Winfield, who's been in so many roles) March 7 2004, then Richard Biggs who played Franklin May 22 2004, then Tim Choate who played Zathras September 24 2004, and now Andreas died Feb 13 2006. Babylon 5 has taken quite the loss in the last couple years. Sadly, makes it even more unlikely anything will ever come of Babylon 5 again. Makes it even more sad B5: TMoS didn't make it to the screen. It would been a very fitting final credit on their resumes.

Babylon 5 had such stellar actors. Andreas was amaking the way he could emote through all those prostethics.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Amaking?

I would have loved to have see TMoS, but it sounded like the studio wanted different (read higher-profile) actors. If that's the case, I'm glad they didn't make it.
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

Yes, I was very sad to read this back then. I even have a rather large (well, perhaps around 30 cm tall) G'kar doll standing on top of my DVD-shelf. The scary thing is that I immediatelly thought "he must have died from lung-cancer since everybody (in the extra material of the DVDs that is) always mention how they see him smoking between the scenes". And then I found out that this was true. So please all ye smokers out there - quit now so that Kevinswatch might never be diminished due to this!
SLATFATF...

Return to “TV Shows”