Battlestar Galactica...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Why does the Cylon look like Tom Bosley from Happy Days to me?
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:haha: It truly does!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

HOLY...

Wow, was that an amazing finale!! Was that a dream? Is Adama about to wake up? They sure didn't disappoint, but what the heck is going on?? Every aspect of everything changed!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Really! I was waiting for someone to wake up - I didn't buy that "one year" thing. But it kept going, and going, and going... And now it's gone too far for them to write it off as a dream or delusion.

Didn't I say that Dean Stockwell was a cylon! :-)

And how scary is it that Leoban is still looking for Starbuck? They keep saying that she's special, but we don't know yet in what way. Or maybe that Leoban is the reincarnation of the one they chucked out the airlock in Flesh and Bone and he wants to chat with his old friend (or blow her head off).

The absolutely WORSE thing? The next season doesn't start until October. Gasp!! :-)
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Romeo wrote:Really! I was waiting for someone to wake up - I didn't buy that "one year" thing. But it kept going, and going, and going... And now it's gone too far for them to write it off as a dream or delusion.
Exactly! I thought it would go for maybe five minutes, then Bob Newhart would wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette. But it's too late now.
Romeo wrote:Didn't I say that Dean Stockwell was a cylon! :-)
Hilarious scene. "I'm not a cylon! ... Oh. Well, ok then." :LOLS:
Romeo wrote:And how scary is it that Leoban is still looking for Starbuck? They keep saying that she's special, but we don't know yet in what way. Or maybe that Leoban is the reincarnation of the one they chucked out the airlock in Flesh and Bone and he wants to chat with his old friend (or blow her head off).
Yes. VERY interesting!
Romeo wrote:The absolutely WORSE thing? The next season doesn't start until October. Gasp!! :-)
RIGHT?!?!? SEVEN months between seasons??????????????? WTF!!!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
High Lord Tolkien

Can someone PM me about the end?
how long was the season ender?
My TIVo only recorded 1 1/2 hours.
Was that how long it was or did I miss a half hour?
I think it was only 1 1/2 hours.
It's really weird.
The last sence I saw before it cut out was:
Spoiler
3 Cylons meeting with President Baltar and 6 telling him that she "knew" him
Then my recording ended.
Was that how it ended?
Were there previews for next season?
Arrghh!!
Awesome Awesome show!!

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yes, HLT, only 90 minutes. And that's the last scene. Was that the last sentence you got to see? Because there's a little bit of conversation after.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
High Lord Tolkien

Romeo, has graciously said he would fill me in.
Thank you though, Fist!

90minutes?
What the heck is up with that?
How are they going to replay it in repeats?
Weird.
I also read on another forum that the ratings for Galactica have begun to slide.
How long before they introduce Boxy's Dagat to bring in kid viewers?
LOL!

And those Dr. Who ads look interesting too.

Image Image Image Image
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

It's interesting from another point of view that they pointed out the antibiotics are exhausted, other than a bare minimum of stash kept for the military. I wonder what else they may have run out of in the way of supplies, such as food or water. We haven't been shown what sustenance "New Caprica" provides. And how about fuel for the fleet?

Have the Cyclons actually "saved" them from dying of lack of supplies?

I would say the Cylons motives are most definitely up in the air. Maybe the ruthless Cylons did indeed come to a new ideology, and maybe it's the Cylon Resistance we are seeing invading New Caprica? Maybe their mission also has changed. Now that a year has passed, what about Sharon's baby?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

High Lord Tolkien

Ok, thanks to Romeo, I'm back up to speed.
Wow and just plain old WOW.
Oh, and a few fracks too.

Very interesting.
Spoiler
New Caprica is a world that is only 6% inhabitable? Is that % right? At first I was like "that sucks" but isn't that the same percentage of earth? The rest is water and ice?
Looks like life kinda sucks on the surface.
Either that or we just caught them on a rainy day.
Why would that be prefered to life on the ships?
I would have thought there would have been more of a balence.
Especially after the ships got less crowded.

That nuke that went off was on the agriculture ship right?
The one with the big dome, Cloud 9?
If so then I can see why any discussion of moving on would be moot.
They had to stay to grow food.
I had a mental image of a massive Cylon fleet suddenly showing up and wondering what the Fleet would do.
I never imagined I'd be right about that!

So, what's next?
The Cylons are in total control of most of humanity now.
To what end.
If the Cylons abandoned the 13 Colonies.....what's the point?
Looks like Humanity needs some help now.
Some glowing white crystal ships type of help. ;)

Image Image Image Image
High Lord Tolkien

So now the fleet is sorely lacking in people to fly thier vipers...............
hmmm.........
Maybe they should make a computer program that will fly them or even build robots to pilot them.

:lol:

Image Image Image Image
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Problem with that being a big concept of the series is the need to keep everything as computer-networked and software free as possible, because computer networking and software is what allowed the Cylons to kill everything in the first place. That's why Galactica was able to survive because it was an older model that was able to get away from computer networking.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

High Lord Tolkien

sindatur wrote:Problem with that being a big concept of the series is the need to keep everything as computer-networked and software free as possible, because computer networking and software is what allowed the Cylons to kill everything in the first place. That's why Galactica was able to survive because it was an older model that was able to get away from computer networking.
psst.....
I know. You didn't notice my laughing emoticon ;)

Image Image Image Image
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Ooof. Actually I did, but, for whatever reason I didn't understand it to mean you realized what you were saying went against established canon.

High Lord Tolkien

No, you're right.
I wasn't too clear.
But that was yesterday.
Actually the more I think about it the cooler I think it would be for real.

What's that Cylon saying.
"What has happened before will happen again"?

Galactica has already made use of Cylon navigation with the help of Sharon.
Maybe they could write a new virus proof AI program.
The Cylons only broke it before because of Baltar.

Have a squad of AI vipers do some fighting.
Call them Cylon2 or "C2"s
I think it would be fitting.
Cylons would think of themselves as the organic ones pitted against machines.
Might cause a whole new way of looking at things for them.
I don't know but thinking like this is fun!

Image Image Image Image
Merle
Servant of the Land

Post by Merle »

Sindatur, did you ever read Herbert's Dune? "Thinking Machines" were outlawed in that universe, and humans were trained to be "Mentats." Basically, human computers.

I'm still puzzled where this is all going. I appreciate the concept that the machines became aware, and threw off their human masters, and then tried to destroy them. But to what end? Why in the gods name would they want to destroy humanity? OK, asking it I answer myself in two ways:

1) Vengeance. I dismiss this motive as being too emotional. Machines should lack emotion. But hey, even Data got an emotion chip. So who knows.

2) Because humans are dangerous. I like this concept better, because it lacks emotion. For the good of the universe, the Cylons want to wipe out humanity.

But now, the Cylons' logic seems to have changed. They want to keep humans around as their dangerous pets. I suspect that perhaps what we'll find is that the Cylons have realized that humans have something that the Cylons lack (emotions?), and their "breeding program" is their attempt to fill whatever void they perceive in themselves.
Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Nope, haven't actually read Dune, just seen the MiniSeries (Didn't really care for the original, but, the SciFi Channel one was pretty good)

I think it's a possibility that the Cylons are enjoying their reproduction and maybe they can only reproduce with a Human, so have to keep the Humans around for breeding purposes? Maybe a half Breed isn't fertile.

Or maybe it's simply a case of they want to subjugate the Humans, rather than killing them off (The wheel turns and the Apes become the dominant race as in Planet of the Apes)

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Cylons recognize humanity's capacity for self destruction (and hate, vengance, etc.). And I'm sure there were some pretty valid reasons for their initial revolt against humanity, when they were more simple "beast of burden" machines. They're probably scared to the core (or kernel) that if they leave any humans alive it will mean the eventual destruction of their own race. Computers are absolute like that - 1 or 0, no grey area.

What I don't understand is why they were still making a beeline for Earth, when the cylons were still on their tails. They might hope that Earth has a comparable level of technology, and can therefore aid in the defense against the cylons. But they don't know for sure. So unless they shake the cylons off their tale for sure, they shouldn't be pointing them in the correct direction of Earth.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
High Lord Tolkien

Romeo wrote:Cylons recognize humanity's capacity for self destruction (and hate, vengance, etc.). And I'm sure there were some pretty valid reasons for their initial revolt against humanity, when they were more simple "beast of burden" machines. They're probably scared to the core (or kernel) that if they leave any humans alive it will mean the eventual destruction of their own race. Computers are absolute like that - 1 or 0, no grey area.
Yes but these aren't just toasters anymore.
Romeo wrote:What I don't understand is why they were still making a beeline for Earth, when the cylons were still on their tails. They might hope that Earth has a comparable level of technology, and can therefore aid in the defense against the cylons. But they don't know for sure. So unless they shake the cylons off their tale for sure, they shouldn't be pointing them in the correct direction of Earth.
Slim hope is better than no hope.
At least they know that humans are/were out there in that general direction.
I'm hoping that in the shows to come they start to find some signs that they are on the right track.
Ancient space shipwrecks or something like that would be nice.
Maybe they were sending out search raptors in the year they were stationed on New Caprica.
Although it seems like they were hiding like rats.

Image Image Image Image
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

It seems that SciFi Channel is commisioning a Prequel called Caprica.

The basic premise seems to be the Cylons rise from servants to sentience and they're rebellion. Set 50 years prior to BSG.

Return to “TV Shows”