He does make a pretty Nick, don't he? :twisted:
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
greyy
Servant of the Land

Post by greyy »

I nominate Kevin Spacey for Milos Taverner. He would have to play like that little creep that he played in "Seven," with a little bit of the abject pathetic character from American Beauty. He just looks like the perfect candidate to "smile like a pedarist who just found himself in charge of a boy's reform school"
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

That description applied to Godsen Frik, didn't it?

(I always thought it was a really disturbing simile, too)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The Somberlain wrote:That description applied to Godsen Frik, didn't it?

(I always thought it was a really disturbing simile, too)
Yes, and so did I.
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

I was watching that film "Airheads" a week or so ago & thought Joe Mantegna could be a convincing Angus.
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

TheScepticalSaint
Servant of the Land

Post by TheScepticalSaint »

Hey guys, new to the boards here. I started reading this topic and had a compulsive need to respond. I've read good suggestions for just about every character but Angus, although Ron Pearlman and Oliver Platt(well looks wise for Platt) come close. I've always seen Angus as a powerful slab of fat and muscle, closest actor I can think of would be Micheal Marsden (most recently Buddy in Kill Bill). Or maybe Mickey Rourke if he could play a more layered version Marv (Sin City). For Morn, how about Maggie Gylenhal. The emotional range of her character in The Secretary is about the same as what Morn would need to display.

Elfgirl - Your wallpaper's completely sold me on Josh Holloway as Nick :o :D
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

TheScepticalSaint wrote:Elfgirl - Your wallpaper's completely sold me on Josh Holloway as Nick :o :D
No! Bad person! *whack*

She doesn't need any more encouragement in her misguided notion that Holloway could even pass for Nick.
Motherlode
Servant of the Land

Post by Motherlode »

[quote=For Morn, how about Maggie Gylenhal. The emotional range of her character in The Secretary is about the same as what Morn would need to display.:D[/quote]

I'm not sure about her acting abilities - but I just can't picture her as morn. Morn was gorgeous according to everybody, even Nick who was 'never beaten' didn't hesitate to admit how attractive he found her. I just don't think she physically has what it takes.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I'm tellin' ya... Jack Black needs to play Angus... I can see him in my mind, talking to Morn, it's fracking hilarious... And he can do evil, so he's perfect! Did I mention the sexiness factor?

And if I can't have Jack Black, then David Hewlett... I'm pretty sure the Stargate Atlantis crew can let him go for a while... He could be abducted by the Wraith or something... And also there is the sexiness factor there too... :D

Rachel
Motherlode
Servant of the Land

Post by Motherlode »

The problem I have with Jack Black has more to do with his previous roles than it does with his potential to play a character like Thermopyle.

Although I can see what you're getting at with the way he looks, I just wouldn't be able to take him seriously as a cold-hearted prick. He's already set in my mind as a comical jackass - I think that stigma would ruin the credibility of 'Angus' on screen. Unless I'm the only one who feels this way.

The reason I 1st stated Oliver Platt as being good for the role is because aside from being a spitting image of what Donaldson describes Angus as looking like (bloated and toad like) - he also has a certain look of sadness on his face that I think would be THE icing on the cake when it comes to how Angus needs to be played. As malicious as he is at times, he's gotta look sad at the same time.

That's just my take on it.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Turiya Foul wrote:I'm tellin' ya... Jack Black needs to play Angus... I can see him in my mind, talking to Morn, it's fracking hilarious... And he can do evil, so he's perfect! Did I mention the sexiness factor?

And if I can't have Jack Black, then David Hewlett... I'm pretty sure the Stargate Atlantis crew can let him go for a while... He could be abducted by the Wraith or something... And also there is the sexiness factor there too... :D

Rachel
I think you're falling down on a vital factor here. Angus cannot be sexy. (The same could be said of Jack Black, but that's a different discussion)
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Yeah, I'd go with the Ron Jeremy thing for Angus
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

CovenantJr wrote:
TheScepticalSaint wrote:Elfgirl - Your wallpaper's completely sold me on Josh Holloway as Nick :o :D
No! Bad person! *whack*

She doesn't need any more encouragement in her misguided notion that Holloway could even pass for Nick.
NO! Bad person! *whacks Cjr*

ScepSaint, join the "Josh for Nick" club! You are (with that statement) immediately a member! ;)

Josh IS Nick! All he needs is the scars - cos he sure has the 'tude down pat (just ask Sawyer!)
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

TheScepticalSaint
Servant of the Land

Post by TheScepticalSaint »

Motherlode - Morn was gorgeous... at the start, by the 3rd book she had the haggard worried look that Maggie Gylahnhal can do in her sleep. A little make up and a flattering hairstyle can go a long way. I don't think Morn's looks was the main reason Nick wanted her anyway, more she that she was UMCP, belonged to Angus, and "rescueing" her would be a huge boost for his reputation. Besides how many gorgeous "plain" women has there been in Hollywood? 'Bout time the tables turned ;)
Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

Christopher Walken as Davies Hyland? Or maybe something bigger? I dunno, he is a good actor.

Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

you do mean Davies Hyland Senior, right Springy? ;)
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Well, I'll play my Angus card now. (I was gonna wait till I had the whole thing cast ... but that'll never happen.)

Geoffry Rush
Look into this guys eyes. He has more unconscionable bastard just looking at you with those eyes than any other actor can muster up in a week of screen-time. Toad-like: check. Needs a little make up - no prob. (And I don't pick actors cuz they've been popular recently - don't even suggest it!)
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

altho i love geoffrey...he's too old for Angus at this point, i think.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

CovenantJr wrote:
Turiya Foul wrote:I'm tellin' ya... Jack Black needs to play Angus... I can see him in my mind, talking to Morn, it's fracking hilarious... And he can do evil, so he's perfect! Did I mention the sexiness factor?

Rachel
I think you're falling down on a vital factor here. Angus cannot be sexy. (The same could be said of Jack Black, but that's a different discussion)
Can too... you have to remember, my version of sexy in men is waaaaaaay off when compared to most people's...

Eh. Shouldn't have said that.

Rachel
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Turiya Foul wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:

Rachel
Can too... you have to remember, my version of sexy in men is waaaaaaay off when compared to most people's...

Eh. Shouldn't have said that.

Rachel
:lol: There are people who might be offended! :lol:

Return to “The Gap Series”