Somebody please talk me into finishing this series!(Spoilers

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

Luke The Unbeliever
<i>Elohim</i>

Somebody please talk me into finishing this series!(Spoilers

Post by Luke The Unbeliever »

Okay, I've read AGOT and loved it...so then I went and got ACOK and ASOS...I've read ACOK and honestly...I was so damn depressed after that book I couldn't bring myself to start on ASOS...

I just wanna know...are the bad-guys(Lannisters) ever NOT going to get their way..?.Man, with Eddard gone I've been struggling to find someone to latch onto, and Jon Snow becomes a traitor to The Night's Watch, and that leaves who ? I love Tyrion Lannister...and if he dies soon then I'll be crushed...maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't see Sansa or Arya living much longer much less Robb....

Please, someone tell me it gets better....all the doom and gloom is keeping me from finishing this series...
Brian: Who cured you?
Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.
Brian: Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?
Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the @$$ to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Well...
Spoiler
As of the end of AFFC Tyrion is still alive and well. :) But we will not get more of his story until ADWD. :(

Tywin will get a suitable punishment in ASOS. :twisted:

Jaime will undergo quite an interesting character evolution. :)

Good ol' Sissy-Poo will begin to get hers in AFFC.
Hope this helps, without being too majorly spoilery. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Re: Somebody please talk me into finishing this series!(Spoi

Post by Revan »

Luke The Unbeliever wrote:Okay, I've read AGOT and loved it...so then I went and got ACOK and ASOS...I've read ACOK and honestly...I was so damn depressed after that book I couldn't bring myself to start on ASOS...

I just wanna know...are the bad-guys(Lannisters) ever NOT going to get their way..?.Man, with Eddard gone I've been struggling to find someone to latch onto, and Jon Snow becomes a traitor to The Night's Watch, and that leaves who ? I love Tyrion Lannister...and if he dies soon then I'll be crushed...maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't see Sansa or Arya living much longer much less Robb....

Please, someone tell me it gets better....all the doom and gloom is keeping me from finishing this series...
Read it! It is an amazing series. The greyest characters in fantasy that I know of. :D
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

The Lannisters do not get everything their own way. Not at all. In fact, one can say they are well and truly screwed as of the end of AFFC.

Wonderful, interesting things await Jon Snow.

Several characters are going to die. This will deeply upset you. Others will die and you'll begin giggling (three in particular make the world a cleaner place by their deaths).

Very, very bad things happen. Many are unexpected. Surprisingly great things happen as well. Someone who seems evil begins to grow something like a soul. Unlikely friendships bloom. Someone weak and foolish begins to become strong and wise. Love develops for someone who deserves it. Secrets (many) are revealed, including some very intriguing prophecies (one is about Cersei and is a hum-dinger!).
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Good Post, makes me want to re-read them!
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Luke The Unbeliever
<i>Elohim</i>

Wow, thanks!
After so many pages I was beginning to wonder if the only bright spots were gonna be few and far between...I'm terrible LOL, I try my best to avoid spoilers, but I love vague spoilers...it's about the only thing that still makes me feel like a 5 year old on Christmas Morning :)
Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.
Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the @$$ to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.
BT Shire
Woodhelvennin

Post by BT Shire »

Best. Series. Ever.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Ditt. O.
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Luke The Unbeliever
<i>Elohim</i>

Well, I'm about 100 pages or so from the end of ASOS...thanks for urging me to finish this series...

I was definitely surprised by more than a few events in this book. I'll try not to post spoilers, but Jaime has really become interesting, and Jon Snow is exciting as ever that's for sure...

I never cared much for Sansa...she peeved me off in AGOT for selling Eddard out...but I gotta say, she's getting a raw deal...I can't help but shake my head and frown at the Stark sisters...poor Arya can't get anywhere without being taken prisoner of some sort...and Sansa, she might become more like Queen Tyrell than she wants to...everyone wants her right to Winterfell...

I know it's a false hope, but I just wish Jon and Sansa and Bran and Rickon could get Winterfell going again...perhaps Ser Jorah could be a help...or Barristan maybe ?

LOL, there's too many people that I'm dying to know what happens to them...I could make posts forever about them.

I can't see where this is all heading, except for more blood and lies, but I'm officially hooked no matter the outcome.

Thanks a lot for re-sparking my interest !

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”