The Wire! Season 4!

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

The Wire! Season 4!

Post by Holsety »

For those of you who haven't heard (read: likely all of you, knowing the Wire's low viewercount) the premier episode of the awesome HBO show The Wire will be airing September 10 at 10:00. It will apparently be centered on the educational system of Baltimore. For those of you who haven't seen it, the first was on drugs and gangs, the second was on the harbor, union corruption, and smuggling, and the third continued the first with a closer focus on politics (including a temporary sanction on drugs by a police major).

It's a great show, one of the best on TV, so some of you should consider watching it. It's got a fair amount of actors from Law and Order from those who saw that (I think most of them were guest appearances and transient characters, however), though if you start on season 4 you miss Idris Elba, who played one of the drug lords. It's pretty hard to jump in mid season, but from my recollections of 2 + 3 they're self contained enough to make sense on their own. I don't think my reccomendation counts particularly strongly (pretty new here for one thing) but if you've got nothing to do, consider watching it (edit-because NO ONE does, and it's a spectacular show).
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It's a great show that really showcases what a sh*thole Baltimore is. It was created by David Simon, the same guy that wrote the the book "Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets", and created the TV show Homicide: Life on the Street.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Cail wrote:It's a great show that really showcases what a sh*thole Baltimore is. It was created by David Simon, the same guy that wrote the the book "Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets", and created the TV show Homicide: Life on the Street.
I was trying to avoid saying this to avoid offending anyone who's a loyal citizen of Baltimore, MD, but...

Yup. Not that I've been there for very long at any one time, though.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Meh, I've spent most of my life living in a Baltimore suburb.

The Chesapeake Bay flows South to North because Baltimore sucks.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart

Return to “TV Shows”