Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

I always tread carefully Adamorn, though I thank you for the advice. I apologize for any offence caused.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

I am hereby announcing one of my mage-priests, Thinsilwil, as the Hand of the Prophet, for his exceptional talents and gifts to my nation.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

No need. I apologize as well. Perhaps my mouth outruns my mind more often than not.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Undine has taken on a new title. Henceforth he will be known as

Undine, Sovereign of the Seas, Reeve of the Rivers, Lord of the Lakes, The Source
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Hmm, I seem to remember seeing a cosmic scroll bearing that name, right next the name Rigante.....

Sound familiar? ;) :D
Last edited by Benito Alvarez on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

To whom it may concern, I have done my part of the deal.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Hmm, shouold I be concerned?
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Lord Adomorn wrote:Hmm, shouold I be concerned?
No. No more concerned than I am of your philosophical outlook.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Nor Yekith wrote:
Lord Adomorn wrote:Hmm, shouold I be concerned?
No. No more concerned than I am of your philosophical outlook.

An outlook? Nay, it is a way of life.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Our brethren, we would ask a boon of you. Having claimed the afterlife as part of our domain, Maeror feels it is our duty to care for the dead and comfort the bereaved. We would request that a presence be granted in your cities, a single priest if that is your preference, to oversee the rites of funeral and mourning. The priests would answer to the laws of the lands in which they reside, and the preaching of our faith will be restricted to the domain of grief, leaving you to govern your worshippers where they will in all other matters. No attempt will be made by them to assert superiority or supremacy over any other god. If you could accept these terms, we would be grateful.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Divine Siblings,

In his time here, my father had troubles because of followers who did not do as he desired, and gods reacting to those followers. I desire to be understood.

My people have not yet had opportunity to proselytize off of Landir. There are still people here to approach. I will now be telling my followers that they are not to send missions to other continents. Certainly, I desire all to follow the ways of Love. But I will not attempt to steal followers from others. If they know of the peace and Love in Shakari, I believe people will come to me. That will be my method of proselytizing.

However, this does not mean you will never find my followers on other continents. Some may wish to trade. Some may have relatives elsewhere. I imagine your people will occasionally take a trip to Landir, possibly to one of my cities. They may even be invited into Shakari. And, while among your people, mine will, obviously, speak of their home. An individual will talk, after all. But they will not set up churches, or stay among your people indefinitely, preaching of Love. If you find that is the case, please notify me, and I will put a stop to it. Followers can become overzealous, yes? If I am unable to remove such a "follower" from your lands, I will not hold it against you if you are forced to deal with them yourself. You have the right to protect your lands and areas, and will do what you must. (I would hope you would run the offender out of town.)

One thing I would like to make very clear. No follower of mine will be out of Landir with a weapon. We will fight tooth and nail if we are invaded, but we will not fight elsewhere. If someone in your lands claiming to be a follower of mine is armed, he or she is not a follower of mine. It is a lie. That person is not under my protection and does not speak in my name. I can only assume such a person will be trying to turn you against me. I am not at all concerned with how you deal with such people.

In short, as a matter of policy, my people will stay home, make lots of babies, and live in peace and Love.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
jastrau
Stonedownor

Post by jastrau »

Thanks to Kjoller (peace be with him) the belief in the ever bountyfull Jastrau has now come to the great city of Linver. While this will probably remain an administrative centre, far be it from Jastrau to seek the confines of city walls. So I will bless those people twice as much that go forth and till the soil in my name.

AND:

Nor Yekith

A peaceful emissary of mine has just been brutally slaughtered by one of your unnatural creations. I demand compensation in the form of safe passage for all unarmed emissaries from the town of Linver, lest your abominable creations will find out that being top of the food chain does not grant immunity from fluctuations in the primary production. Keep your filthy pets on a tight leash.

Yours divinely

Jastrau
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Murrin wrote:Our brethren, we would ask a boon of you. Having claimed the afterlife as part of our domain, Maeror feels it is our duty to care for the dead and comfort the bereaved. We would request that a presence be granted in your cities, a single priest if that is your preference, to oversee the rites of funeral and mourning. The priests would answer to the laws of the lands in which they reside, and the preaching of our faith will be restricted to the domain of grief, leaving you to govern your worshippers where they will in all other matters. No attempt will be made by them to assert superiority or supremacy over any other god. If you could accept these terms, we would be grateful.
Such a request is easily met, and gladly accepted. I am sure that you're services will be well recieved by the bereaved in my lands.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Bhakti wrote:Divine Siblings,

In his time here, my father had troubles because of followers who did not do as he desired, and gods reacting to those followers. I desire to be understood.

My people have not yet had opportunity to proselytize off of Landir. There are still people here to approach. I will now be telling my followers that they are not to send missions to other continents. Certainly, I desire all to follow the ways of Love. But I will not attempt to steal followers from others. If they know of the peace and Love in Shakari, I believe people will come to me. That will be my method of proselytizing.

However, this does not mean you will never find my followers on other continents. Some may wish to trade. Some may have relatives elsewhere. I imagine your people will occasionally take a trip to Landir, possibly to one of my cities. They may even be invited into Shakari. And, while among your people, mine will, obviously, speak of their home. An individual will talk, after all. But they will not set up churches, or stay among your people indefinitely, preaching of Love. If you find that is the case, please notify me, and I will put a stop to it. Followers can become overzealous, yes? If I am unable to remove such a "follower" from your lands, I will not hold it against you if you are forced to deal with them yourself. You have the right to protect your lands and areas, and will do what you must. (I would hope you would run the offender out of town.)

One thing I would like to make very clear. No follower of mine will be out of Landir with a weapon. We will fight tooth and nail if we are invaded, but we will not fight elsewhere. If someone in your lands claiming to be a follower of mine is armed, he or she is not a follower of mine. It is a lie. That person is not under my protection and does not speak in my name. I can only assume such a person will be trying to turn you against me. I am not at all concerned with how you deal with such people.

In short, as a matter of policy, my people will stay home, make lots of babies, and live in peace and Love.
I wil keep this in mind, thank you for the pre-warning.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Lord Adomorn wrote:I wil keep this in mind, thank you for the pre-warning.
Indeed. My father learned that our followers are very inclined to make decisions on how to represent their god, and these decisions are often not in keeping with their god's ways. My father even went so far as to - with the aid of his greatest friend among their pantheon - guide one of his followers in the making of his "Book of Love." One would think this would put an end to such things, but it did not. I would like to make sure that my followers' errors are not seen as any sort of attack that is sanctioned by me. I fully expect Eiran to be plagued by wars, as some of our pantheon are inclined to such things, but I am content to stay in my place, with a modest number of followers. (They are quite amorous, and I expect them to multiply nicely without the need for taking from other gods. :D)
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

jastrau wrote:Nor Yekith

A peaceful emissary of mine has just been brutally slaughtered by one of your unnatural creations. I demand compensation in the form of safe passage for all unarmed emissaries from the town of Linver, lest your abominable creations will find out that being top of the food chain does not grant immunity from fluctuations in the primary production. Keep your filthy pets on a tight leash.
As I understand it, I, nor the King, gave permission for you to enter Nor Pupae. As it is, I have recently been informed that a follower of another god died in my lands. Had I been aware of his presence in my lands I would have graced him as a guest. This would have included protection. How can I grant you the same when you do not inform me of your followers movements in my realm?

As it is, it seems to me you are attempting to tamper with my experiments in crop mutation. Either state your business here or leave.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bhakti wrote:I fully expect Eiran to be plagued by wars, as some of our pantheon are inclined to such things
War benefits noone but the undertaker, and though I admit in this case that would be I, I would rather attempt to prevent such conflict than instigate it.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Murrin wrote:We would request that a presence be granted in your cities, a single priest if that is your preference, to oversee the rites of funeral and mourning. The priests would answer to the laws of the lands in which they reside, and the preaching of our faith will be restricted to the domain of grief, leaving you to govern your worshippers where they will in all other matters.
I am afraid I cannot allow this. Given that other deities have already entered Nor Pupae without my permission I am less inclined to favour my brethren.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Very well--I can understand your wariness. My priests will not enter your realm.
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Murrin wrote:Our brethren, we would ask a boon of you. Having claimed the afterlife as part of our domain, Maeror feels it is our duty to care for the dead and comfort the bereaved. We would request that a presence be granted in your cities, a single priest if that is your preference, to oversee the rites of funeral and mourning. The priests would answer to the laws of the lands in which they reside, and the preaching of our faith will be restricted to the domain of grief, leaving you to govern your worshippers where they will in all other matters. No attempt will be made by them to assert superiority or supremacy over any other god. If you could accept these terms, we would be grateful.
I would be glad to welcome a single acolyte into each of the cities within my lands. Such services however will not be required at the shining tower of Avenberry.

Return to “Pantheon”