Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

Lord Adomorn wrote:
Nor Yekith wrote:As such, I have been marching an army for his use this past week. In doing so, I approve of all actions he takes and will support his aims.
The aims of a God of War? This makes me ponder what war will be started and for what purposes.
As a part of our treaty, I sent an army to him. What better way to ensure peace than to send an army to his lands?
Lord Adomorn wrote:I am more than happy to ratify the agreement. Who better than the arbiter of Justice?
Excellent. I had hoped you would be the one to witness and sign the pact. Chisi La'Roo and Queeaqueg?
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Ahh, alright. That is what I had hoped for. Glad to know it was under the terms of the treaty.

Just send it over if the others agree.
Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin
Location: In a tavern somwhere... gambling, probably drinking a good brew.

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

That is more than acceptable to me.
Who says everything has to happen for a reason? Sometimes things just fall into place. Nothing in your future is set in stone, and your story is what you make of it. Make it good, make it interesting, and Lady Luck will smile upon you.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Lord Adomorn wrote:Just send it over if the others agree.
I will have my head priest write up the treaty and send it via messenger to Chisi La'Roo and Queeaqueg. If they are happy with the points of the pact they will sign it (I, as well) and I will have my fastest sailing ship send the treaty to you to ratify.
Many thanks for your services.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

The speediest route would probobly be a ship to port at Archel. I will send Jameak over propmtly, assuming this is an OK route to the sining parties?
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

I am currently editing some parts of the treaty, so I guess you will be asked to witness and sign the landmark pact within a day. I will send the signed agreement via ship to Archel.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Unless all four of you have Manifested, what need is there for mortal messengers?
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Murrin wrote:Unless all four of you have Manifested, what need is there for mortal messengers?
The people aren't like us, and we represent material kingdoms, so it seems apt to send a mortal messenger.

((Murrin, don't make this difficult :lol:))
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

With all the talk of treaties, and worries of who is planning to attack whom, I want to, once again, state my goal and plans, so all will know. I have every intention of sitting where I am, and having my followers increase my power by Lovingly creating more and more followers. My people will never have my permission or authority to proselytize outside of Landir, and never north of what seems the obvious border between my lands and Norn's - the mountain at the northern tip of Shakari and the three mountains east of it that run northwest to southeast. And as I've said in the past, my followers will never have my permission or authority to carry weapons outside of this same area, should they have reason to go elsewhere. (My prophet will almost certainly never leave my lands, and I will, of course, always ask permission from any deity whose lands I wish him to enter.)

If the world comes to worship me, it will be because they learn of the extraordinary Love that can be found in my lands, and they want to be a part of it. I have no such ambition, but I won't be upset if it comes to pass. :biggrin: Certainly, I will not refuse the worship of any who wish to live as my people are trying to live. My "ambition" is to be left alone. I will not bother anyone who does not bother me, and there is no need for any treaties stating such.

I have worked with some in the past, trading small favors, and will, doubtless, do so again.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:If the world comes to worship me, it will be because they learn of the extraordinary Love that can be found in my lands, and they want to be a part of it.
Love has certainly had its uses. One of my followers has declared her love for me, and in response I have filled her womb with Yekith. She will give birth to hundreds of my spawn. I plan to have her continually give birth. Whilst this may cause her pain, her love will give her the strength of will to endure the process - and her transformation.

Love does have its uses.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Although I see the connection between your situation and Love, I do not see the connection with what you quoted.

Still, the Love between the two of you strengthens me, so I guess I should not entirely object to your abuse of her. I suppose you should even be congratulated for finding such a hideous use of one who declares her Love for you. You are truly the god of Malice.

Interestingly enough, I have heard whispered tales of other women who, for what they believed to be the good of others, volunteered to become nothing more than twisted wombs. They were called axolts, or something like that. Tales of this type are seldom precise.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:Although I see the connection between your situation and Love, I do not see the connection with what you quoted.
Sort of on topic.
Bhakti wrote:Still, the Love between the two of you strengthens me, so I guess I should not entirely object to your abuse of her. I suppose you should even be congratulated for finding such a hideous use of one who declares her Love for you. You are truly the god of Malice.
Who said I loved her?
Bhakti wrote:Interestingly enough, I have heard whispered tales of other women who, for what they believed to be the good of others, volunteered to become nothing more than twisted wombs. They were called axolts, or something like that. Tales of this type are seldom precise.
These axolts intrigue me. I see great use in them. Perhaps I could mutate individuals with small brains - become creatures of pure instinct - whose only desire is to birth mutants or the next generation of life.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Nor Yekith wrote:
Bhakti wrote:Still, the Love between the two of you strengthens me, so I guess I should not entirely object to your abuse of her. I suppose you should even be congratulated for finding such a hideous use of one who declares her Love for you. You are truly the god of Malice.
Who said I loved her?
The Love is between the two of you, even if it only goes in one direction. And Love of sufficient intensity, requited or not, strengthens me. Her Love for you is, truly, a beautiful thing.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:Her Love for you is, truly, a beautiful thing.
All love of Nor Yekith is a beautiful thing.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

I must confess to having shuddered slightly while reading all that.
Death To All Fanatics!
Mithyaat Vam
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mithyaat Vam »

Murah poked at the small fire with a stick, shuddered, and pulled the muleskin cloak tighter around her shoulders. Excepting the crackle of the fire and the chanting crickets, all was silent around her. The figures of her small band lay sprawled in sleep around her and now and then a cough or a snore issued forth. How many days had she continued to drink the catalpa bark tea to keep herself awake...three, four? She could feel the false strength of the tea infusing her muscles. She was wake-weary and wanted to curl up next to one of the others and sleep a heavy dreamless sleep but she knew she didn't dare. The dreams were too vivid, too monstrous. She'd go a few more days on the bark tea, she decided, and when they'd brought the catch back to the foothills she'd go to Ondine and beg him to mix her something to make her sleep without the dreams. She'd asked him twice in the last ten days before going on the fishing expedition but he had refused. He would not, he said, be a party to denying access to Mithyaat Vam, the sleeping goddess. She didn't know this Mithyaat Vam or if she'd ever known of the sleeping spinner of dreams, but she would not face the black dreams again and the monstrous forms she knew would come with them.

She shiverd again and Seura stirred next to her and reached his hand out to her leg.
"Come lay with me Murah, you can at least rest your body, if you won't sleep. The dreams can't get you here in my arms. Say a prayer to Mithyaat Vam. She will protect you if i can't."

Murah let him pull her toward him and lay her head in the crook of his arm and closed her eyes.
"Your goddess sleeps Seura. She gives no thought to the dreams of a woman who cannot remember her own name."
"You will remember soon. If you let yourself sleep woman." he said, and wrapped his arms about her.

As Seura's breathing became regular and his embrace slackened in sleep she lay absorbing his warmth and probed at the blank spots in her memory. Holes so large she could hardly string together evidence that she actually even existed. The desert. Hot sage-scented winds that swirled around her. She knew she had come from a desert but when the party of hunters found her, half naked and wandering dazed in the foothills, she knew little else, including her own name. They had cleaned her and clothed her and taken her in without caution, calling her Murah, the word for desert.And now she feared there was something in her that could harm these kind and generous people. Something black. The dreams.

Murah. Sleep now that I may heal your heart. Murah.

"What?" she started awake. Had she actually fallen asleep? She had drunk enough tea to keep her awake for twice ten days and still she had begun to fall asleep. She scrambled out of Seura's arms and crawled toward the fire.

Murah. I call you to me now. Sleep and find yourself. Murah.

The words seemed to hang in the slight wind that stirred the grasses. "Stop it" she said aloud, "who's there?" She turned around to look at Seura and gasped. Her sleeping form was laying there in his arms. "What has happened to me? Have I died? Please...is there someone there?"

Murah. I am here. Let your body rest and walk with me a while. I will help you find what it is you seek.

The desert woman climbed to her dreaming feet and glided toward the shadows just outside the light of the fire. The shadows rippled and parted and Murah saw a silky thread reaching toward her. She grasped it and let it tug her further away from the camp, further into the shadows, further away from her sleeping body.

"Are you the one they spoke of?" she asked the wind. "Are you the sleeping goddess, Mithyaat Vam?"

Yes desert dreamer, I am Mithyaat Vam, and I am awake now.
...and on the last day we feasted, like carrion, on her dreams.
~Irvea - from The Death of Mithyaat Vam
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Hail Mithyaat Vam, divine sister. From the Weaver to the Spinner I send warmest greetings and welcome you to our Pantheon.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Welcome, Mithyaat Vam. I hope we remain harmonious towards each other, and that we can work together to achieve a paradise on this world.
Mithyaat Vam
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mithyaat Vam »

Norn, sister-weaver, I am waked and spinning and glad for your welcome.
...and on the last day we feasted, like carrion, on her dreams.
~Irvea - from The Death of Mithyaat Vam
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

*bows* Hail and welcome Sister. May Erian be always kind to you. Always it is a joy to see the inhabitants of the Pantheon increased. *bows deeply*
Death To All Fanatics!

Return to “Pantheon”