Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Mithyaat Vam
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mithyaat Vam »

Brothers Vadhaka Chorae, Yor Nekith, I thank you for your gracious welcome.

Remember brothers, all that you see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.
...and on the last day we feasted, like carrion, on her dreams.
~Irvea - from The Death of Mithyaat Vam
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Greetings, Divine Sister! :D I am so very glad that you joined us. I will try to keep the flirting to a minimum. :biggrin:
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

A new God. How intriguing!

Hail and well met. It is always a happy moment when a new sibling joins the group. Again, welcome.
Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin
Location: In a tavern somwhere... gambling, probably drinking a good brew.

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

Welcome to the Pantheon, Mithyaat Vam!

I hope that your rule is blessed with a cartload of luck!
Who says everything has to happen for a reason? Sometimes things just fall into place. Nothing in your future is set in stone, and your story is what you make of it. Make it good, make it interesting, and Lady Luck will smile upon you.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

I present the Khenstorn Treaty to Chisi La'Roo and Queeaqueg to sign, and thus agree. I request that Lord Adamorn be present (in some capacity) to witness and sign it in order that god of justice strengthens the treaty.

First, that Mamarga will belong to Chisi La'Roo, and remain in her realm. Additionally, Mamarga possesses a port. This port will be defined as a free port so that Nor Yekith and Queeaqueg may use it for trade. However, Chisi La'Roo will have the right to control the port.

Second, all lands west of the western mountain range (thus, a natural border) on Khenstorn belong to the Royal Kingdom (also known as Nor Pupae), and as the official church is the Cult of Yekith and as the high priest is the King, the realm also belongs to Nor Yekith. All land, cities, animals, forests and people belong to the Royal Kingdom, and thus to Nor Yekith. The only exception to this is the naval city of Nor Leviathan that is located to the northeast of the mountains along the northern coast of Khenstorn. In the absence of defined borders by Queeaqueg and Chisi La'Roo, the second article of the treaty is incomplete. The eastern realm of Khenstorn will belong to Chisi La'Roo, as defined by the west-pointing arrow-shaped mountains to the north east (thus, a natural border), continuing down a north-south chain of mountains, south across a wide valley to the southwesten edge of the mountains facing the south seas. Queeaqueg will control all remaining land on Khenstorn.

Third, there will be a stance of non-agression between the three ruling deities of Khenstorn (Chisi La'Roo, Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith). This means that: 1. No army belonging to Chisi La'Roo, Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith may attack another army or realm of Chisi La'Roo, Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith unless war is declared a year before an invasion; 2. The borders are to be respected by all armies, unless a deity has given permission for that army to cross the border; 3. An army entering another deity's realm (border of Chisi La'Roo, Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith) must immediately leave within one season or the aggrieved god may attack without breaking the first clause of the second article; and 4. Only certified (by trade agreement) traders may pass the borders and stay within the realms of Chisi La'Roo, Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith for extended (note: greater than one season) periods. Traders may be protected by arms (a small division of 100 soldiers or mercenaries), but if they attack unprovoked the aggrieved deity may exact punishment (as defined by the deity's [Chisi La'Roo, Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith] code of laws).

The fourth article of the treaty pertains to a Defensive pact between Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith. In the event of attack upon either god's empire (that is, their cities, towns, forts, observation towers, residences, personages, armed forces, naval or trade ships, ambassadors, members of Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith's cults, and secular staff of Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith's realms) either god (Queeaqueg and Nor Yekith) will initiate offensive capabilities (deific or militaristic) as part of a retaliatory strike. This will involve: 1. Armies of either/both deities being sent as a defensive force; 2. The delivery of war materials (food, armaments, & special supplies); 3. Declaration of war against the attacking party; 3. Possible expenditure of godly power. This article recognises that not all of the previous clauses will be initiated, but that at least clause 3 must be enacted. Failure to do so will result in the fourth article becoming void.

I, Nor Yekith, hereby agree to the Khenstorn Treaty.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

While all this negotiation is going on between those gods who have claimed Khenstorn, Maeror would like to note that our followers are establishing a series of watchposts around the southeastern area of Olaern. This is a defensive caution only; in the event that any armed force passes unexpected into the area bounded by mountains and sea, a signal will be returned to Fort Hope and Solimn, that our Prophet may prepare for the defense of our people from possible attack.
Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

*adds her signature to the treaty*
Who says everything has to happen for a reason? Sometimes things just fall into place. Nothing in your future is set in stone, and your story is what you make of it. Make it good, make it interesting, and Lady Luck will smile upon you.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Chisi La'Roo wrote:*adds her signature to the treaty*
Excellent. Unlike some gods, you have sense.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

Well that's certianly something I've never heard before. Thank you Nor. I look forward to the possibilities this treaty brings to not only us, but the entire Pantheon.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Chisi La'Roo wrote:Well that's certianly something I've never heard before. Thank you Nor. I look forward to the possibilities this treaty brings to not only us, but the entire Pantheon.

It will benefit us all, my lady. Yes, it will.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Nor Yekith wrote:Unlike some gods, you have sense.
Do you have to take every opportunity? This treaty being only offered to those on Khenstorn, there was no need for you to make such a connection, unless you simply enjoy to fling insults.

On another note, I believe I have made clear my willingness to cooperate and coexist with my fellow gods peacefully, if they offer the same consideration. That some have chosen to ignore my offers is unfortunate, but I will not blame them if their followers could be taken from them so easily as to make the god see any outside influence as a threat.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Murrin wrote:
Nor Yekith wrote:
Chisi La'Roo wrote:*adds her signature to the treaty*
Unlike some gods, you have sense.
Do you have to take every opportunity? This treaty being only offered to those on Khenstorn, there was no need for you to make such a connection, unless you simply enjoy to fling insults.
Nor approached me with a deal. He agreed to leave the Forest in Nor Pupae alone, to grow as it will, if I do not act in his lands. I agreed, and upheld my end of the bargain. To my knowledge, he has upheld his end also.

However, in response to this:
Chisi La'Roo wrote:Well that's certianly something I've never heard before. Thank you Nor. I look forward to the possibilities this treaty brings to not only us, but the entire Pantheon.
Our bargain did not stop Nor from invading my lands and forcefully removing some of my followers' children. Those who agree to any sort of deal with him must understand that the spirit of such deals is nothing to him. He may very well keep to the letter of any bargain he makes, but that doesn't mean he will not find other ways to strike at someone he has made a bargain with. This is why I continually insist that he say things as clearly, and with as much detail, as possible. I do not want him to say, for example, that he will not transform life beyond Nor Pupae's borders without getting a specific statement of how far he or his king intend to expand those borders.

Just a word to the wise.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:This is why I continually insist that he say things as clearly, and with as much detail, as possible. I do not want him to say, for example, that he will not transform life beyond Nor Pupae's borders without getting a specific statement of how far he or his king intend to expand those borders.

Just a word to the wise.
Bhakti, I find you amusing. I seem to recall that I explicitly stated my stance on what I meant by borders and the armies of the king. Go back and check, as it's obvious you forget. Bring your head down from the clouds, you love-sick fool and pay attention for once.
Those who agree to any sort of deal with him must understand that the spirit of such deals is nothing to him. He may very well keep to the letter of any bargain he makes, but that doesn't mean he will not find other ways to strike at someone he has made a bargain with.
*Yawn* Your prattle tires me. Go play in the woods with your nymphs and satyrs. You're obviously not very mature.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Nor Yekith wrote:Bhakti, I find you amusing. I seem to recall that I explicitly stated my stance on what I meant by borders and the armies of the king. Go back and check, as it's obvious you forget. Bring your head down from the clouds, you love-sick fool and pay attention for once.
I acknowledge that you have made it clear. My point is that it took much insisting on my part. Now that you have made it clear, the borders of Nor Pupae will either remain as they are, or all of our siblings will learn the value of your word. As I said, the spirit of agreements is meaningless to you, so those of us to whom you make promises must get as much detail as possible.
Nor Yekith wrote:*Yawn* Your prattle tires me. Go play in the woods with your nymphs and satyrs. You're obviously not very mature.
OUCH! Now that hurts!!! :( :(
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:As I said, the spirit of agreements is meaningless to you, so those of us to whom you make promises must get as much detail as possible.
My advice for you is to take on the realm of paranoia. I think being the God of Love, Nature and Paranoia would suit you.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

It is not paranoia, it is simple fact. We agreed to a degree of non-aggression. After getting my promise to not act in your lands, you invaded mine and kidnapped. I wish our brothers and sisters to know that a non-aggression pact with you does not necessarily mean you will not find a way to attack that does not violate the pact. Forewarned is forearmed, and all that. I like them, and want them to survive you.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:I wish our brothers and sisters to know that a non-aggression pact with you does not necessarily mean you will not find a way to attack that does not violate the pact. Forewarned is forearmed, and all that. I like them, and want them to survive you.
Let them decide what is best and stay out of my affairs. This treaty is none of your business.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

You have stolen my followers' children, and proclaimed that many of them will likely be killed or enslaved. Until you either return them all to me, or go back in time and prevent yourself from doing it, or kill me, I will speak out against you, and warn others of your ways. (Neither of which violates our agreement, after all.) If you don't like others knowing that you act dishonorably, don't act dishonorably.

There are plenty of loopholes for you, and I want honorable deities to be aware of your past record of using such. It would be easy enough for you to, say, Mutate the ground so it swallows another deity's followers. I cannot see that the Khenstorn Treaty would have been violated in any way, as it only pertains to armies. And, since there are no other deity's followers there, what objections could anyone have to your followers moving in? Heck, may as well kill that other deity anyway, eh? ;)

And the treaty will never have been violated.

Now, if the Khenstorn Treaty was an attempt to ensure permanent stability and/or good will between deities, it might say something like:
Deities X, Y, and Z will refrain from any and all acts against each other.
That leaves less ways to destroy another. But such is not the way of Malice.

I simply advise that none ever assume they are safe from Nor Yekith.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:You have stolen my followers' children, and proclaimed that many of them will likely be killed or enslaved.
Killed or enslaved? I will care for them and provide a society where they are not shunned. Leaving them in your lands would force them to endure futile pity; and your love would serve only to frustrate them. In your lands they would be freaks; in my lands they are normal. They will be valued. Some will be enslaved, if they are mentally weak. I will test each and every one to see what role they will assume. You never know, some may become high priests.
Bhakti wrote:I simply advise that none ever assume they are safe from Nor Yekith.
From the first day I arrived to this world I knew I would never be trusted. Let me just say that . . . I cultivated the mistrust. It has a grander purpose which will be revealed in time.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Nor Yekith wrote:Killed or enslaved? I will care for them and provide a society where they are not shunned. Leaving them in your lands would force them to endure futile pity; and your love would serve only to frustrate them. In your lands they would be freaks; in my lands they are normal. They will be valued. Some will be enslaved, if they are mentally weak. I will test each and every one to see what role they will assume. You never know, some may become high priests.
Call it what you will. When they are returned to me, I will stop speaking out against you.
Nor Yekith wrote:From the first day I arrived to this world I knew I would never be trusted. Let me just say that . . . I cultivated the mistrust. It has a grander purpose which will be revealed in time.
I see. The iceberg cleverly encourages others to believe it is cold.

Return to “Pantheon”