I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

A solute to danlo!

Oh, wait.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Matrixman wrote:When I think about "core" members of the Watch, danlo is one of them. He and a few other key members represented KW's core "identity" as I recognized it when I joined, and they set the tone of discourse for everyone else to follow. Over time, KW has come to be dominated by a lot of non-Covenant related areas of discussion, but danlo's commitment to TC and all things SRD has never wavered.

It was danlo who kickstarted the Chronicles dissections, and he was also a key contributor to the Mordant dissections. The Dissections have since become the pride of the Watch. I certainly feel privileged to have been a part of them. I will always be grateful to danlo for welcoming me into the group reads and for encouraging me on to do my own chapter dissections. He is a good cheerleader. He also filled well the role of grouchy taskmaster when we missed deadlines. :wink:

And all of us here appreciate the "scoops" that danlo has provided in his reportage of events like the various SRD readings. I first saw news of the Last Chronicles here via danlo's report. A lot of jaws dropped to the floor that day. :)

So, danlo, thank you for helping to shape KW into the premier place for discussion of all things SRD!
Could not have said it any better than that...

Watchfriend indeed...no other word suffices. He had SRD sign a copy of The Wounded Land for me at Elohimfest on Chapter 26: coercri.

Danlo....Hail!

and lots and lots of HUGGLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS |G |G |G
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

There is little I can add to what has been stated already but I can add my voice to the chorus of grateful and adoring watch members. Danlo, you may not have realized just what kind of impact your presence on the Watch has meant to us all but hopefully this thread will give you a small taste of how we all feel. :-)
THOOLAH - Nuff said.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Hurray for danlo, provider of SRD tidbits and green chili goodness! :mrgreen:
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Danlo Rocks !!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vain wrote:Danlo Rocks !!
Rocks that look like danlo: "Hey kids! Collect all the danlo rocks!" ;) :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

We could do that ! Collect rocks and make Pet Danlo Rocks and take pics and judge the best :)
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I've had the honor of meeting Danlo twice now at 2 Watch get-togethers and I couldn't agree more with everything that has been said. Hell, I still remember the time when I thought Danlo owned the Watch (not that Jay guy.)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vain wrote:We could do that ! Collect rocks and make Pet Danlo Rocks and take pics and judge the best :)
Count me in!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm glad others have joined in the heartfelt Danlo appreciation. He's a good bloke indeed. For another small Danlo anecdote: Before the Last Chronicles were announced, when it looked like I'd never have the chance to meet SRD or get him to sign my books, Danlo sent me, across the Atlantic, his own signed LFB. There is no limit to the man's generosity. It seemed about time to show some appreciation for a largely unacknowledged cornerstone of the Watch.

P.S. Lucimay, it took me a second to realise why your post looked so odd to me. Very skillful use of the word 'bloke' there! ;)
Kil Tyme
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kil Tyme »

Danlo, will you marry me?!

Oh my...i supposed I got a tad carried away in all this. ;)

Thanks for all you do Danlo!
Cowboy: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Cowboy: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ... I don't.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Ah, yes. . . though I haven't been here all that long (not even three months yet!) I already see how integral Danlo is to not only the functioning of the well-oiled machine that is KW, but also its heart and soul. It has been a pleasure to have made your aquaintance. May your days at the watch be sweet and limitless.

|G |G |G

~Lyr, noob of sorts

Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

I salute thee, danlo!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Let me add my own salute to those of so many members of the Watch... As far as I am concerned, one of the anecdotes I remember better about Danlo is the time when I was given my very own chapter of "The One Tree" to dissect. It was the first time I ever attempted the dissection, but shortly after I posted it, Danlo immediately replied and praised it... That meant a lot, especially since I was really unsure of how well I could dissect one of SRD's chapters. Of all the Watch members who were around at the time I joined (almost three years ago... how does time pass!), Danlo is one of those who made me feel most welcome during my newbie days. So, a toast to Danlo!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

danlo is really a great guy, a friend to me for 4 years now! Wow. Well-deserved thread.
Fangthane the Render
Ramen

Post by Fangthane the Render »

Dad? :twisted:
"You Cannot Hope"
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Danlo was the first person that talked to me when I joined... (And he didn't treat me like the clueless newbie I was. :wink: )

Danlo: :bwave: :bwave: :bwave:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Danlo is awesome. And a good houseguest, too. :lol: All hail, Watchfriend!
dlbpharmd wrote:I've had the honor of meeting Danlo twice now at 2 Watch get-togethers and I couldn't agree more with everything that has been said. Hell, I still remember the time when I thought Danlo owned the Watch (not that Jay guy.)
Careful, dlb -- you'll get yourself banned! :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Danlo is one of the finest persons I have ever met. Thanks, my beloved friend, for sharing SRD, the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, the Petrified Forest, Canyon de Chelly, and NYC with me and my family! 8) :D

And let's not forget his sweet wife, either. :) She let all of these people he met on the internet converge on her house, prepared world class food them, and treated them wonderfully. And she let them drag him off to the Arizona wilderness with them, too. :wink: :)

Danlo and Lady Tam are, to put it simply, good people. :D
Love as thou wilt.

Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Murrin wrote:Image
A solute to danlo!

Oh, wait.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”