Pantheon 2.0 - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, I've calmed down now.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing the God of Malice and Mutation. I admit that Nor is pretty deceitful at times, but many times he's been completely honest. You'd be surprised at what he's really like. Yes, I took it hard what has happened.

I am not upset at Murrin (masterfully played, by the way). But I disagree with how easy it is to edit pms. I have never done that to anyone. But I do admit to going too far by being misleading to Norn (in msn). However, it was only to cover up an attack on Bhakti.

I'll probably keep playing now. But Nor will make some things clear.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

I thought it generally understood that whatever a god says, either in a PM or in a thread, is to be taken with a grain of salt (or a shaker, depending on the god). Only what Xar tells you can be assumed to be completely true.

No reason to stop, Lore. You're playing a very interesting character, and you're in a very good position, strengthwise.

Hmm. Considering we are gods, perhaps a kind of oath is in order? If we swear by the Allfather, it seems reasonable that if someone presents a falsehood to the Allfather given under his name, he has a right to punish the offending deity. I'd think it should only be invoked in grave circumstances, though, lest we trouble him with all of our petty concerns. Perhaps a lesser oath... say, if I swore by my godly forge?
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Almost as in Hackmaster.

Spunds good to me. Godly oaths broken are to be punishably by Xar. Sounds good. However, I would think that such oaths should gbe limited to the Game Thread.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Nothing changes for me, since I always knew Yek was not trustworthy, and was eventually going to come after me. Most everything I do is in preparation of that. Hey, how can Love and Malice not be at odds?

But how does one present a falsehood to the Allfather? If I devote a DRP to something in my email to Him, it is done. I can't then say, "Ha! Despite telling Xar I was going to do X, I did Y!" Xar's response is, "No you didn't. You did X."
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Darn. I always thought I was safe with "Y"
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Bhakti wrote:Hey Waddley, when did you ever need protecting??
When I feared the God of War. Dude, I don't care how much more population I have. He's still the god of Freaking war.

And dude, Loremaster.... here I thought *I* was the one with PMS today. You git. Here's what I do when I'm being moody: I type up what I want to post. Then I go eat some chocolate. Then I come back and look at what I wanted to post and see if I still want to. Usually, I don't.

It'll work. Trust me.

;)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You played the game too well, Lore--I never knew when you were honest or lying.
I agree that PMs are a difficult and unwieldy way of handling the issues in this game. But the politics and the things going on in the background are the most interesting part (and I thank Lore for that; I do not think so much careful maneuvering was needed before Nor Yekith).
If I pass information on from one to another, I speak only the facts of it. When I quote, I remove nested quotes only and leave the words untouched. I may attempt to mislead by what I do and do not say, but I do not lie outright. I expect the others I speak with to do the same.

edit: a lot of posts while I was writing that. An oath not to lie outright? I would prefer if it could be assumed to be so, but in these circumstances...
Last edited by I'm Murrin on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Or mangos. Heard they're very soothing.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:You played the game too well, Lore--I never knew when you were honest or lying.
I agree that PMs are a difficult and unwieldy way of handling the issues in this game. But the politics and the things going on in the background are the most interesting part (and I thank Lore for that; I do not think so much careful maneuvering was needed before Nor Yekith).
Thanks, Murrin.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

On a completely unrelated issue, my PM box is getting so full I'll soon have to start deleting important messages from earlier in the game. Has anyone thought of a way to cope?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:On a completely unrelated issue, my PM box is getting so full I'll soon have to start deleting important messages from earlier in the game. Has anyone thought of a way to cope?
select all and then save. it moves them to another folder that has 200% storage.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

My save folder is the one that's getting full, heh. It's gone up by 30% today.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:My save folder is the one that's getting full, heh. It's gone up by 30% today.
:lol:

Sorry, everyone for getting worked up. Not feeling the best this morning.
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Or just stop being so darn popular :P

I tend to delete most of my PM's, anyway... silly me.
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I forget pretty much everything. I was going through the PMs looking for something to delete when I found one that I'd forgotten about--it was a message I got only a couple of days ago, reminding me about something I'd forgotten. :lol:
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Haha, I forget things, too. That's why it's silly of me to delete. I forgot to do something last turn that I said I would because of it... It's hard to go against the hair color, it really is.
Mithyaat Vam
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mithyaat Vam »

hey!

What's going on? What did I miss? Did we have an event or drama?

I was sleeping.
...and on the last day we feasted, like carrion, on her dreams.
~Irvea - from The Death of Mithyaat Vam
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Nothing to see here. These are not the gods you're looking for.

Move along, move along.

------
Waddley, master of jedi-like hand movements
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

There is no way I know of to deceive Xar.

As for deceiving each other, that's life, eh? We may choose to NOT trust someone. Or we may choose to trust until that trust is betrayed. Then we may choose to forgive or never trust again. Some will lie well, and never get caught. Not often, though.

PLAY BALL!!!!
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

I don't think the earlier discusse point was to deceive Xar.

I believe they were talking about making an oath, and swearing on the AllFather, as something sacred that none would dare break. That way if one of them broke it, Xar could punish them.

Return to “Pantheon”