What's in your stocking?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

No socks or underpants, much to my relief.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I DID get socks...much to my releif.
A new watch; two pairs of gloves.
A box of those shell shappedd chocolaits.
and the five book Hitchikers Guide Trilogy.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

CovenantJr wrote:No socks or underpants, much to my relief.
Maybe one day Beorn will say the same... ;)
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

You know you're maried when the stocking contains......

A nose hair trimmer :-x !!!!!
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

3 lbs of ground beef.
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

My room mate got me a set of 13 makeup brushes in this little foldy case. It's so very, very awesome... now, I just need to go to Sephora and learn how to use them all! :) But that will be fun. Give me an excuse to spend some of the money I got for Xmas on makeup...
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Stonemaybe wrote:My fave gift this year is a voucher that I can go and exchange for a Hopi ear-candle 'treatment'! Only done it once before, but it was so-o-o-o lovely!

(Sarge what's the thumbsucker st cd like?)
What on earth is a Hopi ear-candle treatment?
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Got an incredible leather Lane computer chair (that I've already fallen asleep in 3 times)
a very warm Eddie Bauer down jacket
an Air Jordan t-shirt
Neil Young with Crazy Horse at the Fillmore East '70
and a fancy leather wrapped bottle of brown Venezuelan rum

I am very content!
Last edited by danlo on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Prebe wrote:You know you're maried when the stocking contains......

A nose hair trimmer :-x !!!!!
:haha:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

CovenantJr wrote:No socks or underpants, much to my relief.
So the ones I mailed to you must have gone astray. :cry:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Oh, they were underpants?! I thought it was a bumper variety box of novel festive headwear.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

CovenantJr wrote:Oh, they were underpants?! I thought it was a bumper variety box of novel festive headwear.
:lol:

I just realised that some were sent to Ponce.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Cole
Giantfriend

Post by Cole »

Edit: too much gin. Sorry
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

I didn't feel completely spoiled until I typed it out, but I guess I may indeed be spoiled. 8O

I got:
Atlas of the Universe book--so cool!
Alton Brown salt cellar (I lurve Alton Brown!)
Alton Brown measuring cup-things
warm, comfy velvet clothes for lounging
gift cards to Wal-Mart, McAlister's, Qdoba
Hello Kitty Uno (I lurve Hello Kitty!)
Lord Darcy books (alternate history stories I've been trying to track down for 22 years!)
gift certificate to local bookstore
Avon makeup
non-fiction book off of my amazon wishlist
George Winston concert tickets (early gift--went in November)
candle
word puzzle book
hand-gathered/dried rose-floral potpourri (smells wonderful!)
Art Nouveau book
silver celtic-knot ring

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

my MIL gave me a &50 coupon for half price books. so I purchased the following cds.

Totally '80s. (double album)
Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney: Christmas songs
Lemonheads: Come On Feel the Lemonheads
Buffalo Tom: big red letter day
the Insyderz: Skalleluia
st: the adventures of Priscilla queen of the desert
Live: Throwing Copper
Slaid Cleaves: the Promise
st: beautiful girls
Dwight Yoakum: Gone
the Kennedys: songs of the Open Road
st: Sling Blade
Loretta Lynn/ Dolly Parton/ Tammy Wynette: Honkey Tonk Angels
Digable Planets: Blowout Comb
Stone Free: a tribute to Jimi Hendrix
Woodstock 94 (double album)
Uncut: april 2003
Uncut: best of 2003
Mojo: Jan 2006
REM: New Adventures in Hi-Fi & Up
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

Blige, Dolly Parton is a queen!!!

I got a beautiful DAB radio and I am in love with it. Oh and some DVDs and stuff, including Clerks X and Will and Grace oh and lots of chocolates.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Our Celebration is Today

FIL arrived yesterday about 2:00 pm, and we hung stockings and watched the DVD of the original Miracle of 34th Street.

FIL made Beorn's favorite fish meal for our dinner and we past the evening quietly.

This morning I had our Chr-stmas CDs playing (mostly TSO, Manheim Steamroller, and the A Winter's Solstice collection) while Beorn went through his stocking and unwrapped his gifts. FIL gave Beorn a 1 oz. American Eagle gold coin, along with a lecture about the value of such and why gold coins are a monetary investment as well as a numismatic one.

Paul and I got Beorn a Wii. This is be the one game console we'll have in Gator Town, compared to the Dreamcast and GameCube here at FIL's. Since playing with the Wii involves physical movement, we figure it will be a way of getting some painless exercise for the entire family (www.wiihaveaproblem.com notwithstanding…).

Because of Beorn's AS, he is still developmentally behind in maturity, and is really just beginning to question the existence of Santa. At 3, his attitude has been pretty much like the boy's in The Polar Express at the beginning of the movie.

We usually limit Beorn to a total of two hours of t.v., DVD, computer, or video input a day; and usually that's only on weekends since between school, homework, and therapies, not to mention time spent outside, there usually isn't any time on school days for him to spend on those things. So, when his stocking gifts consisted of two video games and three DVD movies, and his wrapped Santa gift was labeled 'To: Beorn, for your room From: Santa,' he had no doubt there was no way Mommy, Daddy, or Poppie got him a combination 13" T.V./DVD player. He just knows we would never even consider such a gift! ;)

That's all we were able to get him this year, besides the traditional stocking space fillers of underwear and socks. But he is so happy with what he did get, that I don't think he ever even attempted to pull a Dudley Dursley and count how many gifts there were. :)

Paul sent down a wrapped gift for me that I finally opened this morning since we waited to 'do Chr-stmas' until FIL got here. It's a 25 piece set of the Ronco 6 Star knives, the solid food injector (which is the item I really wanted) and a four wheel knife sharpener that appears to work the same way as my two wheel knife sharpener from Wusthoff.

The knives are very lightweight, compared to my Wusthoff, but are extremely sharp. I'll have to see how well they hold an edge, and how well the sharpener works.

I have Diane's Yorkshire Pudding sitting to receive it's occasional stir, the standing rib roast has been in the refrigerator 'aging' per AB's directions, the mashed potatoes are made ahead and ready to be reheated. FIL will make a nice tossed salad, and I'll make some southern-style green beans for Beorn.

The rib roast is a five and a quarter pound roast with bones, for the three of us. I am planning on using what's left of it for tomorrow's planned over dinner of Laurel's Beef Stroganoff. Since I cook the rib roast to just barely medium rare, it shouldn't over cook and be nice and tender in the stroganoff.

I picked up some so called Chicago Hard Rolls at Publix (Beorn's favorite) and we have some KerryGold Irish butter for them. I made a Swiss Chocolate layer cake (doctored up Duncan Hines) with home made vanilla buttercream filling and frosting yesterday, and we'll call it a meal.

Beorn and FIL have gone out for an afternoon bike ride, and I'm taking some me time at the computer.

All in all, although Paul isn't here with us, it's going pretty well.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

From my coworkers: a horse calendar, a long-sleeved t-shirt and (at last!) a frame that roughly fits the signed pic of Claudia Black I won in a raffle years ago.

From the folks whose horses I take care of: a $50 gift card to one of the nice tack shops around here, a handknit cap bought from a lady who makes them to support her cat rescue group (*huggles*) and a tube of the same lotion they gave me last year that I really loved but got lost when my truck was stolen, so yay! for new lotion.

From my mom: DVDs (Treed Murray, Adventures of Brisco County Jr, and the last season of Forever Knight), books (a bunch of Quebecois French phrase and language books and some Stargate: Atlantis books) - basically most of what I had on my Amazon wish list, except for, inevitably, the textbooks that I want but she feels guilty for buying because they're not for fun, except that for me, these are fun. But hey! Treed Murray! Yey!
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

I got a flight to Paris for next years France v Scotland Euro qualifier :D

A few nice sweaters, and a new book - Pratchetts "Thud" (which I have already read :lol: )

But most of all, I got to spend some quality time with my family.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I just have to say, the stroganoff made from the planned over standing rib roast was the most melt-in-your-mouth tender stroganoff I ever had, even if I did make it myself.

Yum!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”