Destroying soars proton cannon- outcomes?

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Dirty Whirl
Woodhelvennin

Destroying soars proton cannon- outcomes?

Post by Dirty Whirl »

Lets imagine what would have happened if nick had failed at destroying soars light proton cannon. (just btw, I like how nick got all the way to saors bridge just to be gunned down. I thought it was a great end to the guy who 'always wins') Would trumpet have been destroyed, or would soar have been able to kill calm horisens? That would have messed things up!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

My opinion has always been that Soar could have destroyed Calm Horizons. :wink:

That certainly would have forced a lot of changes in book five, and as for the end of book four, I'm not sure what would have happened between Soar and Punisher. Likely an uneasy truce. (I was mad that SRD destroyed Soar at the moment of her redemption, but it sure made for a dramatic ending. 8O )

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Re: Destroying soars proton cannon- outcomes?

Post by Revan »

Dirty Whirl wrote:Lets imagine what would have happened if nick had failed at destroying soars light proton cannon. (just btw, I like how nick got all the way to saors bridge just to be gunned down. I thought it was a great end to the guy who 'always wins') Would trumpet have been destroyed, or would soar have been able to kill calm horisens? That would have messed things up!
Then in book five, Warden may have not been able to obtain emergency powers at the discretion of the UMCP charter; so Holt would have had the power to fire him indirectly; thereby being able to block Koina from persisting that the Council should vote to recharter the UMCP as an arm of the GCES. Holt’s hegemony would have amplified.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I think the outcome is more profound that you guys realize. I think that if Nick had indeed failed to destroy Soar's protein cannon, Holt Fasner would have been able to follow his dream to fruition; that is, he would have merged humanity with the Amnion, with him as the head of what he dreamed of as the perfect communist state.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC2
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by aTOMiC2 »

dANdeLION wrote:I think the outcum is more profound thet you guys reelize. I think that if Nick had indeed faled to distroy Soar's proteen canon, Holt Fasner would have been able to folow his dreem to frooishun; that is, he would have merged huemanity with the Amnion, with him as the hed of what he dreemed of as the perfect comunist stayt.
Those are all very interesting points, dAN. I believe I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
"I think and feel everything aTOMiC does only slower."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

right! Holt and Godhood go hand in hand. (Die you pesky Gods! Die!)
fall far and well Pilots!
Farm Ur-Ted
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Farm Ur-Ted »

dANdeLION wrote:I think that if Nick had indeed failed to destroy Soar's protein cannon, Holt Fasner would have been able to follow his dream to fruition; that is, he would have merged humanity with the Amnion, with him as the head of what he dreamed of as the perfect communist state.
She had a protein cannon?! That sounds like something out of Barbarella. What did it look like?
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

She had a protein cannon?! That sounds like something out of Barbarella. What did it look like?
Don't tell him, or we'll all be thrown to the Matmoss!
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Kind of on a tangent, but I found it really annoying that Nick never got his revenge on the bitch who scarred him.

She was a bitch.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Farm Ur-Ted
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Farm Ur-Ted »

Nathan wrote:Kind of on a tangent, but I found it really annoying that Nick never got his revenge on the bitch who scarred him.

She was a bitch.
I'm not really sure that he earned the shot at revenge against her. He was kind of a prick.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Whether or not he earned a shot at revenge, she deserved his shot at revenge. After all, her actions created the Nick Succorso we know and love.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]

Return to “The Gap Series”