Would you use white gold as your wedding ring

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I once had an idea to form a covers band called White Gold and play at weddings. I don't think anyone would get it though.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
michaelcov
Stonedownor

Post by michaelcov »

Yes my wife and I do have a white gold wedding rings. Now if I could only get her to read the books :?
Welcome and True
spacemonkey
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by spacemonkey »

Hello again all. Yep i got my wedding band as white gold,yes i was tempting fate.but i would be more than happy to take on the Despiser,Fangthane,or Corruption.The very reason i had to have white gold as my wedding band,it was done in hope<hah,hah!!!> that the very prospect of being transported to the Land was and still is appealing to me......I mean really if some old guy gave me the chance to stay within the Land as in The Power That Preserves i would jump all over it...think about it,you would be revered for the rest of your natural life if it were not extremely extended for being the Ur-Lord............Married or not I would have stayed..............
There is one Law
that the Wild Magic
can Destroy or Maintain
for good or ill
BE TRUE!!!

Floating High But I'm Always Down......
Nom vs. Vain
Ramen

Post by Nom vs. Vain »

Getting Married March 3rd, 2007.... Plan on having a white gold band :biggrin:
These are the pale deaths
which men miscall their lives:
for all the scents of green things growing,
each breath is but an exhalation of the grave.
Boddies jerk like puppet corpses,
and hell walks laughing---
Nom vs. Vain
Ramen

Post by Nom vs. Vain »

OH and My Class ring was white gold with an emerald. :R
These are the pale deaths
which men miscall their lives:
for all the scents of green things growing,
each breath is but an exhalation of the grave.
Boddies jerk like puppet corpses,
and hell walks laughing---
spacemonkey
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by spacemonkey »

Well congrats on the wedding day,hope you don't get cold feet.......it's great ride if you find the right one the first time........... :lol:
There is one Law
that the Wild Magic
can Destroy or Maintain
for good or ill
BE TRUE!!!

Buckarama
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Buckarama »

And an expensive ride if you don't! :)
spacemonkey
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by spacemonkey »

Pardon the French here but,"That's the DAMN truth!!!!
There is one Law
that the Wild Magic
can Destroy or Maintain
for good or ill
BE TRUE!!!

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Well, my last boyfriend and I were engaged, and when we decided to get engaged we went ring shopping. I like silver-toned metal, so I pointed him to a white gold .50 carat princess cut diamond solitaire ring. He bought it and gave it to me. I retained custody of it when we broke up. :lol: It's a gorgeous ring, and I still wear it ocassionally on my right hand.

But yes, I would always chose white gold, and the books would always have at least a little bit to do with that. :)

~Lyr, white gold wielder

surrender
Stonedownor

Post by surrender »

i have no idea why but i love white gold, i always have. i have a promise ring from my boyfriend, and its white gold and we are planning on having white gold wedding bands, and a white gold engagement ring for me :D

-s-
i just roll my eyes and make a beeline for the door but i always end up starryeyed crosslegged on the floor, hanging onto every word. MAN the things i heard!

-----you surrender all to the world around you, i surrender all to the One who created it.-----
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Interesting question, and answers equally interesting, that we are all here in the forums of TCTC and so many lovers of white gold just happen to be members. How great is THAT??? I'm 50 and haved loved the white metals since jewelry came into my life 40 years ago. However, I prefer platinum, and although I could never afford it, if I ever were to remarry, I'd squeal for platinum. Financially, for my own purchases, it's white gold and always has been. Is there a topic where Kaseryn's gold circles are discussed? I wondered if he came from our world as well, as he has gold, too. Hmmm........
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Mhorram's Revenge
Servant of the Land

Post by Mhorram's Revenge »

My wife and I have white gold wedding rings. She hasn't read the books and I didn't explain the connection as she probably wouldn't appreciate thinking I wanted them for a character in a book. She prefers silver jewellry anyway, so it wasn't difficult to persuade her... :wink:
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

I opted for White Gold 20 years ago when choosing my class ring, I had always preferred white over yellow, but after reading Lord Foul's Bane it was a must.
5 years later when I married the first time we were both partial to white so there was no trouble with that.
10 years ago I come to find out my fathers wedding ring which he never wore, was white gold.
So I was kinda just born to do it.
Yes I guess we can all just get along !

Smurfy, simply Smurfy !!!

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

When Kimmy and I celebrate our 15th or 20th, I intend to reup the vows and utilize White Gold.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Not married but I have a white gold college ring. I have had it for 30 years now. It encases a red stone on top, sotra a krill gem as I call it.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Ur Dead wrote:Not married but I have a white gold college ring. I have had it for 30 years now. It encases a red stone on top, sotra a krill gem as I call it.
Wow. Too kool!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
NightBlaze
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by NightBlaze »

I prefer the white gold, but with diamonds in it. But hey, that just means I can visit the land AND scratch glass...woohoo!
¥ NightBlaze ¥

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”